Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!
Saw the movie last night and I wasn't disappointed. The scenes setting up Brian's retirement were obviously necessary, but felt kinda tacked on. I wonder if Brian's adjustment to family life when he loves the action hero lifestyle would've still been a part of his character had Paul Walker not died since they kinda touched on it in 6. I guess Jordana Brewster is out of a job now as well since she pretty much just gets swept away to a secure location when poo poo starts going down in 6 & 7 and shows up once or twice to remind Brian that he's got a family.

I like the crew being more stripped down compared to the giant teams of 5&6, especially since they've all been given superpowers now. If this is the first part of a new trilogy I could see 8 opening with Owen Shaw breaking his brother out of Top Secret Jail for more revenge, ending with Mr. Nobody betraying everybody (because who trusts a black-ops agency with access to all of the world's audio and video feeds?) and being the villain in part 9 setting up an uneasy alliance between Dom's crew and the Shaws that gets settled with a supercar demolition derby on Mars.

Rockzilla fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

iamsosmrt posted:

Lucas Black's jarring 10 years of aging after a 5 minute race.

Maybe racing against Vin Diesel is just a really stressful experience.

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

Coffee And Pie posted:

I want to see VP Channing Tatum driving a Lambo while President Jamie Foxx shoots a rocket launcher out the window.

President Foxx outlaws NOS so that he can have the fastest car on the streets prompting Toretto to run for office. When Foxx attempts to pass legislation banning backyard barbecues he is stopped by Senator Dominic Toretto's impassioned 3 hour grace/filibuster/wrench fight which causes the White House to explode.

Fast and Furious 8 : Mr. Toretto Goes to Washington.

• Locked thread