Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

toanoradian posted:

How did it compare to previous two movies?

Its up like 60% opening weekend over F6. Basically, this film is making crazy money, the franchise is a rare one where each subsequent film makes ever increasing more amounts of money, and it has incredibly strong international and minority appeal with markets like Mexico and others loving loving it so expect at minimum F8 and F9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I appreciate that each car actually does a pretty good job of reflecting each character and keeping them distinct.

With a name like "Ice Charger" I now fully expect Dom to unveil a stable of chargers each themed after the next dungeon place the crew will travel to. An Ice Charger, a Jungle Charger, a Lava Charger.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Are they going to have to break Hobbes out of jail while battling Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron?

I hope so.

The prison in question? A giant car.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

She does not drive in the film.

Of course. Morgan Freeman is her driver.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well they closed the gun show loophole.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I thought 22JS and MIB were gonna cross over though?

Who do you think the aliens are gonna be?

Family goes beyond this earth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh my god Jeff the Stuntman is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he's blindsided the Rock with a Stone Cold Stunner. As god as my witness I think he killed him. In all my years of being first grip I've never seen anything like it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why I am I extremely excited for this franchise, and willing to accept whatever stupid bullshit plot contrivance is necessary to facilitate this plot?

Also; confirmed whatever theoretical Tabletop Roleplaying game powers Fast and the Furious has mook combat rules and bosses that can take multiple actions.

TheScott2K posted:

Apparently the geniuses behind these movies realized that and have fixed it in F8. Also very curious to see if Statham ends up joining the Family and how that whole "mudering lots of people in a hospital" thing from F7 gets addressed if so.

The film will end with him heroically sacrificing himself for family, but the after credits spoiler will reveal he actually lived and becomes a Racer-X style ally in the subsequent film.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Future generations of school children will write essays about The Fast and the Furious they way we had to about Beowulf. This is our epic poem.

Future highschoolers are required to read aloud to the class selected passages from the work. "Thats how you stay rich" he says, nervously mispronouncing the ancient words that barely resemble a language let alone english to him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The next fast and furious Dom returns home to find a plague has taken his village and meets death, who has also come to claim him. Challenging him to a street race, Dom finds himself oddly enchanted in his conversation with death even as he sees that he is slowly losing his last race, one quarter mile at a time.

Fast and the Furious: The 7th Gear

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, networks still do that? I remember there being a big deal over ABC playing Saving Private Ryan unedited back in the early 2000s.

Yes, theyre still beholden to the same rules they were before as public broadcasters. Saving Private Ryan was more a dare to get the FCC to fine them for the publicity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roadie posted:

:drat:

Now I want The Rock chasing velociraptors on a motorcycle.

Edit: That scene from Jurassic Park with the T-rex chasing the jeep, except it's a bunch of genetically engineered super T-rexes chasing the Family.

I was imagining almost the inverse, with raptors frantically driving a car to escape a rampaging Dwayne Johnson.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lobok posted:

Is there even a formula? The sequels didn't measure up until the fifth film so I'd love to hear a producer explain how they were going to copy the F&F formula, but only the good parts.

Hundreds of scribled criss cross notes saying Family

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basically there arent enough toys, games and expanded universe books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dexo posted:

That explains how they can bring Han back at least. A prequel.

Though I wonder how in the gently caress they go back to boosting VCRs amd poo poo.

Technology in the FF universe appears to have undergone a hyper improvement where in the same year that iPods could be sold on the street for good money a dude is talking on an 6th generation touch screen phone and within months is attempting to steal spy tech so unbelievably powerful compared to our world it may well be magic.

• Locked thread