Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what happens to Brian?

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

So what happens to Paul Walkers character? I have no intention of seeing this movie but when a lead dies during filming it's always interesting to see how they handle it.

They did well with what they had, but it was obvious when the movie frame froze and he flew straight up, to his home planet. The closing scene is Brian, Mia, and their son Jack on the beach, followed by a well done "last ride" down the road with Brian and Dom, which segues into a eulogy of sorts to him. Nice, honestly, plus with a long nighttime action scene as the finale and the aforementioned ending must've made for an easy cleanup..

Few thoughts

-They're doing a hidden plot where all of the Crew Family are hidden superheroes, right? Horrific crashes are no big deal, bullets aren't effective, they all double karate fight, I'm half-expecting a Stan Lee cameo

-I liked it for the most part but the humor, mostly between Ludacris and Tyreese Gibson, fell pretty flat for me. Best gag was Brian intensely dropping his son off at his school in the opening part. It also had a super-sexist conversation between the two that pulled me out of the movie

-It has to be directed as self-aware because holy poo poo there's a few laugh-out-loud moments that totally worked as that

Overall I got a great kick out of it. Holds true to my F&F Stark Trek movie system, in reverse: two/four/six aren't great, but one/three/five/seven are worth the price of admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

BrianWilly posted:

Drifting is an advanced race wars skillset that should not be used lightly. There is a price.

There is always a price.

Hahaha this just reminded me when I heard them say "race wars" in an early scene it made me super confused until I realized what it actually was a few seconds later

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Well the Star Trek rule still applies for me: even ones are weaker. 5 reigns supreme but this one is only a lil better than 2/4.

• Locked thread