Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Unironically love this series. Ever since 3 it doesn't take itself too seriously, is multiethnic and diverse, and fun as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Of all the many funny things in the movie, Dominic Toretto wearing a loving wifebeater to his wedding made me crack up the most.

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 5, 2015

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
^ Apparently he also watches a clip of himself playing college football at the University of Miami too

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Looks like there's not gonna be cars in space in Furious 8 guys

quote:

CB: If the franchise does continue, do you think the it's possible to top the outrageous, crazy stunts we've seen escalating from Fast 5, Fast 6, and Furious 7?

Wan: I think the only way to sort of pump people's expectation with the next one is to not go bigger, but maybe go more intimate. Maybe go more gritty. I think that will just completely undermine everyone's expectation and take people by surprise and I think that's what this franchise has done so well. Just constantly surprising people with what they're gonna do and I think that if they're smart about it, they will go the opposite way and do something very different.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Can we get a spinoff showing some cool adventures with Han and Giselle between 5 and 6?

The sorta peripheral members of the family (Han, Giselle, Roman, Tej, even Tego & Santos) are my favorite characters so I would be totally down for a spinoff of all 6 of those characters' adventures between 5 and 6

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
It's hard to say, but I jumped into FF6 blind and thought it was great, and this movie continues in the same vein. If you like big dumb action films give it a shot. There are references to past films but you don't need them to enjoy the over the top action pieces.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
It's happening y'all

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Universal is huddling on a spinoff that will focus on the characters originated by Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham and most recently seen in The Fate Of The Furious, sources said. The franchise architects have said they might broaden the universe with spinoffs, and source said this is the one they are pursuing. This is in early stages, but they’ve met on the concept, which sources said will be scripted by Chris Morgan, the chief writer of the series that is hitting new heights with the eighth installment. The idea is for Johnson’s US Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs to form an unlikely alliance with Statham’s Decker Shaw, for a movie that could conceivably be made while they are figuring the next Fast film. Johnson stepped into the franchise in Fast Five, and Statham established his in Fast & Furious 6. Each began as an antagonist to the core street racing family, but grudgingly earned their way into the circle of trust. There’s not much more to say right now; Morgan hasn’t begun writing, but they are talking. Johnson and Statham certainly showed good chemistry in the new film, which going into its second weekend has grossed $685 million worldwide. The two-hander spinoff seems a clever way to extend a franchise which has shown little signs of running out of gas.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/dwayne-johnson-jason-statham-fate-of-the-furious-spinoff-universal-pictures-1202073677/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

got any sevens posted:

In FF9 they should find magic crystals they plug into the nos tank and it morphs their cars into mechs.

FF9 = Final Fantasy IX???

• Locked thread