Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saw this with a bunch of friends, it was big and loud and stupid and fun and great. The tribute at the end was nicely done too. I had actually never seen a F&F movie before besides Tokyo Drift and the first on mute on a ferry, now I want to go back and watch them all. That scene near the end with Statham and Diesel jumping into the air with wrenches and scrap metal as the music blares up like it was a swordfight in a gladiator film was amazing too.

Also I had no idea Kurt Russell was going to be in this until I saw his name in the credits, drat. We hit a bar afterward for some food and my friends ordered some belgian ale. :haw:

e: Also Race Wars is a hilarious name for a race competition and when they were talking about fighting Statham on their streets and their terms I kept expecting the gag to be that they were going to start a "race war". :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sentinel Red posted:

Re. the ending

I laughed my arse off when you saw Jason Statham being led into a cell by Hobbs after an exhausting 'sword' fight with Dom that ends with him falling several floors through a car park, trapped under some rubble, then the whole loving place is blown up and dumped on him. It reminded me of that Japanese film where the two leads were both big trashy DTV stars in their own right so putting them in the same film together was a huge deal that meant a straightforward he lives/he dies ending was out of the question, poo poo just had to get insane. Likewise here, no way we just kill off Jason Fuckin' Statham, even if he is the bad guy.

$800m in 12 days is kinda amazing. Who would have predicted this back when they first announced Fast 5 (which is still the high point, goddamn that's a brilliant film).

I hope he literally does just dig his way out of the superprison.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had no idea who that was and didn't think anything of it.

• Locked thread