Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Some people are having meltdowns that this movie did as well as it did. That it's a litmus test for society, and society done goofed. Meltdown might be hyperbolic but there are people not happy about the haul.

I've noticed the people having this reaction are the type to ding a movie for not being "realistic", talk about "cringing" when discussing the melodramatic aspects of the story, and I'm assuming had the lens through which they judge film shaped by YouTube personalities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I guess I should spoiler this? Even though the "BETRAYAL KISS" is in the trailer, Cipher has a line of dialogue like, "these are advanced sense disorienting grenades, they last an hour" and instead of having the ohHH DAYUM reaction at the kiss, I felt like "Oh, Letty's only imagining the kiss because we've gone into Joker grenades territory" which I was down with, so I was just nodding sagely to myself. I subsequently did have the OH daaamn moment when Dom in the next scene lays on the thick "So was that for you, for me, or for her?" like a thousand year old, pissed off sleepy dragon.

This movie is a total soap opera and that is why it's good.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Dom feels like Statham's character has to atone for Han, so in the spin-off we go back to Tokyo because Han's younger brother is getting into trouble with Yakuza or something. The Rock gets to mentor Statham on being a father figure and you get to address the cold blooded murder of Han.

Closing your eyes and imagining the possibilities of future F&F movies is more fun than doing the same exercise for the next few Star Warses or superhero franchises.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Diesel already released an Instagram post defusing the entire thing, the dude's a class act

• Locked thread