Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I definitely gotta give some love to the whole mountainside set piece. James Wan has a great eye and the stunts were definitely not the step-down I was a little worried about when Justin Lin moved on. I hope they have Wan back for 8.

I'm actually really gonna miss Paul Walker's surprising fight skills. I really liked his scenes in the truck and his fight at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Coffee And Pie posted:

I really enjoyed his Nathan Drake-esque escape, I hope they do more of that in the future, though I feel like that wouldn't really work with any other characters.

Yeah, him escaping it was fantastic. I dunno... Roman? Letty? It's a tough one.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

When they weaponized it in 6 it was everything I'd hoped for.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeah, the cars in these movies are basically like swords or guns from any other movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The runway scene is an amazing, well-choreographed joke. It even has a punchline.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Can we get a spinoff showing some cool adventures with Han and Giselle between 5 and 6?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

If the 10th entry isn't named Fast X Furious then they're missing a trick.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Snowman_McK posted:

Pfft, you can't hook a horse up to NOS

...or can you?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Helen Mirren confirmed she's in Fast 8.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

If I were a studio making a movie with The Rock I'd basically hand over all the marketing and PR to him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

This is the best superhero franchise.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

This is right.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Tunicate posted:

Tokyo drift :colbert:

Tokyo Drift is 3. Unless you're saying they should only watch Tokyo Drift.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

A Deacon posted:

The success of the Fast and Furious franchise illustrates everything that is wrong with American pop culture.

This, but with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

A Deacon posted:

The abundance of tits and asses is the only thing that makes this lovely franchise somewhat watchable.

You know you can find that online, right? You don't actually have to sit through 7 movies for it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

KaptainKrunk posted:

Jason Statham being accepted as family despite killing Han and trying to kill Brian and Dom's sister and nephew makes perfect sense when you understand the ideology of Family.

Yeah, he basically lays it all out at the beginning with that Cuban loan shark or whatever.

Plus, it doesn't really matter. The Fast & Furious series is like a comic book or a soap opera. Heroes turn villain and vice versa.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I mean, it was pretty obvious Dom's gonna give his cousin his own car but it's still really funny how much he trashes it for the race.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Both Jurassic Park and Fast and Furious are Universal properties, they are the most likely to fight each other. Also the Universal Monsters (Dracula/Wolfman/Mummy/Frankenstein/Creature from the Black Lagoon)

NOSferatu

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I like that the cast of these movies are basically wine moms bitching at each other over Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

GonSmithe posted:

There's also rumors saying that Shane Black might be directing the Rock/Statham spinoff which just sounds incredible

That would be cool and kinda makes sense. Aren't The Rock and Shane Black working on Sgt. Rock together?

• Locked thread