Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Man this movie makes no loving sense even by F&F standards. And I loving love it :allears:

I saw it just now by myself because my friends suck and can't make the time to watch this awesome movie, one even said F&F "wasn't his cup of tea" (translating here). I went to see the first one on 9/11 with him, too :negative:.

Overall I think I like Fast 5 the best out of the rebooted movies as it felt tighter and there was more of The Rock. Jason Statham owns and I cheered each time he popped out of nowhere, but as others said, he didn't do that much. I think they did a good job with Paul, that was quite touching. I'll be happy if they make this a yearly thing forever, the problem with dumb action movies is that they're lovely (transfomers, I'm looking at you), not that they're particularly stupid.

Edit: I've literally only heard of Ludacris from that list so all the cameos went right over my head.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's an article at AVClub on how much VFX they had to do for Paul Walker with the exact scenes. I was sure about the couple the end but for most of the others, I had no idea.

http://www.avclub.com/article/finally-answer-how-much-paul-walkers-performance-f-227074

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
But imagine a shirtless Vin Diesel riding his black stallion into the susnset...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coffee And Pie posted:

Did anyone see the rerelease of the first one? It was apparently for the 15th anniversary.

Nope, unfortunately I don't think they did it here. I really wanted to go though because I remember going to the original screening as if it was yesterday - a friend and I went to see it on 9-11 and in the middle of tbe movie I got a notification about the first plane crashing on my phone via the then-cool email to SMS service.

Scyantific posted:

Space Charger. :black101:

Dom should probably get a Challenger for that, no?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well apparently it's Vin who's the candy rear end: http://www.avclub.com/article/we-regret-inform-you-it-vin-diesel-who-candy-rear end-240912

Though tbh it seems to come down to how they want to produce the flick and fighting over creative differences is fine by me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wandle Cax posted:

Are they already filming? 9 is not coming out till 2019 isn't it a bit early to be filming?

e: 2020 it comes out so yeah obviously they are not filming it yet

The footage is already leaking so no it's not too early

• Locked thread