Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The MSJ posted:

The Rock's response is apparently unscripted, as was Luda's.

Holy poo poo that's great, had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

You're agreeing with the guy who had GIP's "Let's Talk About Idiots" thread renamed after him. Sorry Cole, but if you had sex with Iggy Azalea you'd probably get tetanus.

He's not agreeing with him, he's quoting the "don't tell us what you masturbate to" rule.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Enough of this conversation.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I hate when they release box sets of movies that are in a series that is clearly not finished. Unless it's doing it like Marvel is with the "phases" or whatever. Because then when 8 comes out you just have this dumb tire and the next movie in a normal rear end case.

I liked how the James Bond one came with the extra slot for when Skyfall came out. Too bad there isn't a slot for Spectre.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If they don't make a Han and Giselle movie I'm gonna be fuckin pissed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

But that's just The Rock clearing the way so Vin Deisel can rip up behind in this nuclear powered mechanical Tremors monster:

And dig that tank a hole into the bad guy's Volcano fortress

ALSO the bad guy is the entire cast of The Expendables, minus any F&F cast of course.

Finally, a way to make The Expendables cast enjoyable.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Rewatching 7 and it's kind of weird how they completely subvert expectations by having Kurt Russell's character actually be a stand up guy who never betrays them and keeps up his end of the bargain.

I absolutely loved this. The entire time I was going "God, this is dumb, can't wait for the scene where he betrays them." Turns out he just wants Dom to not drink lovely beer.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The Rock posted:

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: #HOBBS #F8

When you strip a man of all he has. All that's important to him. You force him to return to his roots.. and sometimes that's a very dangerous and twisted place.

If I was going to return for another Fast & Furious I wanted to come in and disrupt the franchise in a cool way that got fans fired up and their blood pumping to see a new version of Hobbs and his "Daddy's gotta go to work" mentality and set the table in a cool way for where the character goes in the future.

Maybe it's a spinoff movie. Maybe it's more #FF movies. Or hell maybe Hobbs just gets on his motorcycle and rides off into the sunset never to be seen again.

Either way, I've had a solid first week of shooting, good to be back with the ohana, good to work again w/ my bud and director F. Gary Gray and our home studio of Universal Studios Entertainment, as always have been the best partners to me and my Seven Bucks Productions team. Most importantly... you guys around the world will really dig this new version of the role, 'cause as we always say, disrupters dent the universe.
#Hobbs #TwistedRoots #1Disrupter #1Savage #F8

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Took me a while to notice that those are the tendons on his neck and not, in fact, the pointiest beard in cinema.

EDIT: still pretty pointy though

Lmao until I read this post I thought they straight up gave him a devil beard.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

She also said that she wanted to be involved in driving scenes in the movie, or else she wouldn't join.

So get ready to see Helen Mirren racing Vin Diesel.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Are they going to have to break Hobbes out of jail while battling Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron?

I hope so.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Well, I was definitely wrong about them breaking Hobbs out of prison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BILK7pwjTK6/

:stare:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

duz posted:

Are you pitching a Twins sequel?

They're already making that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

The Rock probably feels that he's the reason the franchise went to the next level

I mean...

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Corek posted:

could this thread have permission to lift the "I liked it. The Rock rules" rule for this movie

Forever

That trailer loving RULED

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

I was thinking of this one. But, to be fair, I forgot about the one you posted.

The highlight of the series to me is Djimon Honsou yelling 'WHAT?' with increasing disbelief as the insanity gets ratcheted up.

Yeah he was amazing. He was like a Bond villain thrown into the FF movies who had to adapt to the ridiculous poo poo around him.

"I'm going to steal this surveillance unit and spy on the world!!!!!!"
"Sir The Rock shot our drone down with a mini gun."
"?????"

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Good, good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

There's also rumors saying that Shane Black might be directing the Rock/Statham spinoff which just sounds incredible

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Hmmm I always thought the rock was pretty cool. Guess not so much!

I don't think accepting a spinoff film when he's the best character of that franchise now makes him a bad person. He understands that he's one of the main draws of the movies, and is capitalizing on it. Just because the others don't want to break up "the family" doesn't mean he needs to deal with that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Thank God Lin is coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

Are they already filming? 9 is not coming out till 2019 isn't it a bit early to be filming?

• Locked thread