Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Mirren as the Shaw matriarch, with Timothy Dalton as her husband and their father.

This would be so awesome. Though my issue is that Dalton so masterfully nailed Hot Fuzz at every second I wish he'd do more comedy. Dalton is a great actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I loved the "The thing about street fights is the street fights back." line or whatever followed by Vin destroying a street with his foot. It's so sincerely corny and ridiculous.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think some of the better moments was playing with expectations. You'd expect the car to blow up. You'd expect betrayal at couple of points. But instead it goes through fine. I loved the moment Kurt put on his nightvision sunglasses and went to town one shotting baddies. Also the opening to establish Jason Statham's character was loving awesome. You got it right away what he is and what to expect.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Given that Vin is a huge DnD nerd and taught Judi Dench how to play and incorporated elements of that in Chronicles of Riddick...I would not find it strange if there's some of that in this series.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Wow that's amazing, you're telling me J. R. R. Tolkien and D&D was an influence for an actor, who didn't write or direct any of these movies? You telling me this guy read the motherfucking Lord of the Rings books, like millions of other people? This obviously means Dom Toretto is a friggin level 30 berserker with a +5 Vorpal Holy Avenger Car just pwning those little newbs. Epic. Friggin epic.
Listen this is a movie series about fast cars, explosions, swole guys and hot babes, can we maybe talk about that stuff and leave this geeky dumb poo poo to the literally hundreds of threads in these forums specifically related to that stuff?

I have no idea what pissed ya off man.

quote:

But the first script Lin read was “all cars drifting around Buddha statues and geisha girls,” so he passed. Which only made the studio want him more.

Finally, Lin took the assignment, but under the condition he be allowed to make certain changes. One involved wooing Diesel back for a film-ending cameo that would link “Tokyo Drift” back to the preceding films and open the door for more sequels. Lin recalls an eight-hour meeting with the actor, in which he used Diesel’s affection for the role-playing game “Dungeons & Dragons” to explain how he wanted to deepen the “Fast” series’ characters and make them more mythic, seeding some of the ideas that would come to fruition over the three subsequent movies.

It's not pure translation or some crap but he used it to explain what he intended to do with the series. Though obviously there are scenes where the hot chicks are parading around for car races are there so they throw a bone.

http://variety.com/2013/film/features/justin-lin-1200409626/

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

You know, I'm onboard with the Oscar train for this movie. Not that I suppose it'd happen but for me at least the Paul Walker tribute and eulogy had an emotional impact.

And I'll second the impressive action work from Walker, he looked like he might actually be able to hang with Tony Jaa for moments.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

I bet we never see Mia again.

I'd prefer Mia take O'Conner's role. Sneak off and have adventures. She can fight with Statham and Jaa's evil brother.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd prefer seeing the Rock suplex some Xenomorphs and Vin fight a few Terminators with the help of family member Robocop before a Predator with a mean streak rolls up in a space car next to Mia and Letty.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. The obvious crossover. Transformers and Fast and Furious. Directed by Michael Bay. Set in the Mad Max future.

Please. PLEASE. The ridiculous is a strength now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Honestly I think I would like to see the Fast and Furious Transformers sent to hell where the crew has to get out and then Nic Cage Ghost Rider transforms Bumble Bee into a demonic hell transformer.

I would say Bay is fine but I also want Gore Verbinski because he'd probably want to do it all practical and probably literally create hell on earth for a backdrop.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 6, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

Now we just need Timothy Dalton as the patriarch of the family and we are set.

He was so amazing in Hot Fuzz, perfect and if it weren't for him it would miss something. I wish he'd do more comedy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Rock is a driven high octane dude who works hard and has an ego with jokes of being cocaine fueled while Vin seems more like a laid back geeky nerdy dude who can take it easy and the Rock had higher expectations of him so maybe they didn't click.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

Also because having a big rivalry is good press

This too. Next film going to be promoted like Thrilla in Manilla.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Where is FF9 with Hot Rod Bumble Bee and Prme taking on Megatron leading Cobra? The climax is Vin in Hot Rod chasing down Scroponok Fortress.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
We're going to find out in 9 that it was a misunderstanding and Deckard actually had to make it look like he killed Ham so Han could go undercover for a super secret mission...with Gisele who for some reason now has Womder a Woman's powers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope both Shaws and Han are in the next one as is Helen Mirren

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rock, Statham, Luke, Luda, Tyrese, let's say Deepika Padukone and Han, and a matriarch in Helen Mirren who can get behind the wheel and man assault weapons I will appreciate. I could do with one more Mr Nobody appearance and Theron was good.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 19, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can we throw in Keanu and the Raid guys?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

Dom, that dog was the only family I had left
Yeah, I get that. Family

Fast 9: Rescue that Dog who is trapped in a space station on Europa that is gonna need Nos fueled rockets on sports cars to reach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe the next Fast and furious should be a bunch of skits to accommodate all the ideas. Like the end credits of 22 Jump Street. Or a blooper reel like that.

• Locked thread