Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I was going to make a long, awesome thread earlier this week, but you did a far better job than I did, so h/t to you.

I remember when this film came out. I was just about to go into high school and I dragged my friends to see it. They were less than thrilled to see a movie about cars, but afterwards they were rather impressed. My one friend says that it's one of the best popcorn movies that he's ever seen. I saw 2fast when it first came out and skipped Tokyo Drift because it looked horrible (which it isn't) but ever since 2009 when Fast and Furious came out, I have see everyone in theaters. I even went as far as watching every single film in sequential order (I didn't get a chance to do it this time around, but next time I will), which was a little crazy, but still awesome to see how far the series has come. I'm going at 7:00 tonight, because I don't feel like going tomorrow and dealing with the kids that are going to be going. I haven't been this psyched for a movie in I don't know how long.

Also is everyone else ready for the next one, The Fast and Furious: Escape for New York?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

duz posted:

Marathoned all the movies again this past Sunday with a bunch of friends, they just keep getting more and more ridiculous, in a very good and amazing way. I still think 5 is my favorite though, since it's an Ocean's 11 style heist movie and I've always liked those. Really excited about 7, and even 8 given that the baddie for 8 is supposed to be Kurt Russel.

Hence why I'm calling it Fast and Furious: Escape from New York.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

So what happens to Paul Walkers character? I have no intention of seeing this movie but when a lead dies during filming it's always interesting to see how they handle it.

He just drives off into the sunset.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

mattfl posted:

Diesel already said 8 is planned and it'll be set in New York.

I'm hoping that Kurt Russell shows up in an eye patch for part of the movie, paying homage to his own character.

Just finished watching it a little while ago.

Some thoughts

- Would have loved to see the race Between Dom and Sean really race. Although I think we can all imply that Dom won.

- The Paul Walker tribute had everyone in tears.

- No after credits scene that set up the next film. I was bummed.

- Also whose idea was it to include Iggy Azalea in a two second cameo?

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Dom's crew fights the Avengers.

The drivers win. Because the street always wins.

gently caress it, I'd pay money to see this.

• Locked thread