Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Fast & Furious 6 should have answered people's lingering questions about the in-universe chronology, but since people are going to ask anyway:
The Fast and the Furious (2001)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Los Bandoleros (2009) that little 20 minute prequel on the DVD that Vin Diesel directed. completely optional; not terrible
Fast & Furious (2009)
Fast Five (2011)
Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) This song rules.
Furious 7 (2015)

Technically Better Luck Tomorrow is part of that world too in a weird way because the character Han in F&F is the same Han in BLT. Justin Lin just put him in the franchise but it's the same character. So if you wanted to be a hardcore completionist watch BLT first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Fast Five's ending pushes it over the top for me anyways. It was the best out of the franchise. You had that whole extended scene where they become big baller millionaires and everyone had great scenes to close it out.

Also, best one hit wonder song ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp1TbLFPp8

Jenny Angel posted:

If you want to get really nitpicky then the Better Luck Tomorrow character is named Han Lue and the Fast and Furious is named Han Seoul-oh, but the explanation that makes the most sense is that one or both of these are aliases so let's go with that.

Han Seoul-Oh is probably one of most ridiculous and awesome aliases ever too. I wonder if the screenwriter waffled back and forth on whether to go with that before deciding gently caress it..let's do it.

Modus Operandi fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 6, 2015

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They reproduce this with the choices in cars too. Brian prefers quick and maneuverable Japanese tuner cars while Dom has always been associated with American muscle. The Rock shows up in his APC, while you know poo poo is going down with Owen Shaw when he comes in with some crazy F1-style poo poo with anti-vehicle gadgets

The f1 thing was a nice nod to British formula racers too...ie. James Hunt. If a British super villain showed up it's exactly what you would expect him to be driving.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Technically the Fast & Furious canon includes this:

I see nothing wrong with that. It's pretty cool. It's no crazier than some guy doing human flag pullups.

Maybe people just underestimate Bryan O'Connor's hidden strength levels.

Modus Operandi fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 6, 2015

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

It's worth mentioning, because I read so many comments that were along the lines of 'As if Paul Walker could take on Tony Jaa' and it's like, as presented in this movie he really could. They find a great balance of making Jaa the better fighter but Walker being just about able to keep up.

As much as I like Tony Jaa, in real life Paul Walker probably could take him. Walker is much bigger and is also a BJJ black belt. Jaa would be hosed for sure.

In movie terms it's about right I suppose. The way Jaa goes out in the end was pretty funny at least.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I think I can safely say that Paul Walker cannot win a fight against Tony Jaa.

He knows muay thai with no ground game and limited high level experience in competition. He's not Buakaw for god's sakes he's more of a stunt man. He'd be screwed against a black belt BJJ guy same as any other average person with no grappling.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Paul Walker is dead

Lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about him being dead.

Like I said, it's all lies.

• Locked thread