Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Criminal Minded posted:

The plot was also comparatively muddled.

I agree with this. The Jason Statham stinger from 6 set up what should have been a relatively simple revenge movie and while Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou are cool it feels as though they came from a different Fast and Furious movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I am upset at hearing that the horses were not involved in production, this movie franchise really needs some horse riding sequences.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

raditts posted:

I kind of love how "Wild Speed" seems like a drastically different title at first glance, before you realize that it's pretty much what you would get if you translated the title into Japanese and back to English.

Literally.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
In the next one they're going to race a metro train in the subway tunnels and then in the one after that they will fight a battleship piloting its way through the Panama Canal. Then they go to space.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

raditts posted:

Double sold for Statham being a potential permanent member of the crew. Not sure how they'll reconcile that with all the murder, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

What I'm thinking is that Charlize Theron is definitely evil, but Dom is infiltrating her organization with good intentions. Probably because she is connected somehow to Kurt Russell and his organization, which Dom learned is secretly evil. The gang finds this out in the third act, allowing Kurt Russell to get away with a sequel hook McGuffin and blowing Dom's cover in the process, and they have to scrap together to stop Charlize Theron (and Helen Mirren?)'s immediate evil plans.

The next film is the gang getting back together to take out Kurt Russell and Jason Statham (and like, Arnold Schwarzenegger or something roflmao) by ramping cars off of the Golden Gate Bridge onto an aircraft carrier.

Tiger posted:

I've never watched a single F&F movie but I've seen the last few trailers, and drat if this isn't the last straw. I just moved into a new apartment where I'm setting up the main room with three couches and a projector for maximum movie night capacity. What's the viewing order for my Christmas marathon?

• Locked thread