Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just got back from seeing this. Fantastic movie, though kinda thrown off that they only brought in Lucas Black for a tidbit role and didn't expand on it. Also, the tribute to Walker was great and the entire theater started clapping when it was over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

$143 million opening weekend at the box office if this is to be believed

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

I've never seen FF2. Was Tej always some kind of world-class hacking prodigy or was that just something else that escalated uncontrollably from "He knows his way around cars"?

Tej started out as the go-to race promoter on the East Coast. His mechanic Jimmy was the tech wiz.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's official, Fast/Furious 8 has been announced by none other than Vin himself. 4/14/17

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

F. Gary Gray it is!

drat, nice call there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Adding to the above, Charlize Theron has signed on for Fast 8

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Armyman25 posted:

How many arms will her character have?

2 but obviously she's going to lose one by the end of the film.

Come on Vin, get us the trifecta and get Dame Helen as the Shaw matriarch.

E: and reports confirm that she's in fact playing the film's main villain. this is gonna own so much.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 10, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

Helen Mirren confirmed she's in Fast 8.

Ohhhh god yessss. Please let her be Matron Shaw.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Barudak posted:

I appreciate that each car actually does a pretty good job of reflecting each character and keeping them distinct.

With a name like "Ice Charger" I now fully expect Dom to unveil a stable of chargers each themed after the next dungeon place the crew will travel to. An Ice Charger, a Jungle Charger, a Lava Charger.

Space Charger. :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I thought 22JS and MIB were gonna cross over though?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo what's up with this feud bullshit that's running around the rumor mills right now?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Those names are seriously the best. :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

You guys are all wrong about the viewing order.

Better Luck Tomorrow
That short prequel thing on the disc for 4
The after credits scene from 6

Might as well throw in Turbo Charged Prelude between 1 and 2 for good measure. Shows how Bryan got that sick-rear end R34 that promptly gets wrecked after one race in 2.

E: loving hell beaten like Jesse when he went up against Johnny Tran in FF 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will say that the most joy I got out of this film is any time the Rock or Jason Statham did anything, especially that sequence that was basically Mile High Club from Modern Warfare except with a baby. I would not be opposed to an Odd Couple-style action spinoff with those two

Supposedly there was a cut scene that was supposed to set up a spin-off involving the two.

• Locked thread