Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

angryhampster posted:

Seriously though, I've seen F&F3 more than most other people combined. I honestly think it's a lot of fun.

I'd take that bet. I've seen it a bajillion times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lucas Black for the new "white guy" slot? I don't think he could carry it, unfortunately. And I think if they didn't have to use a bunch of their CG budget on emergency doubles they would have de-aged him or something, because going from "high school kid" to "face-wrinkled large-armed man" in the space of a cut was hilarious.

They should just never address it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I thought they already set Fast 8 and 9?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Tokyo Drift is a god-awful movie with god-awful acting and I don't understand why everyone in CD loves it. During one of the mountain races, they blatantly reuse a reaction shot of the love interest and it's incredibly distracting. It was so bad that I didn't end up seeing Fast 4 until after Fast 6's huge opening weekend.

Also Lucas Black is the worst.

The theme song is amazing though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M

The movie is so ridiculous it's good. All the car driving parts are excellent sans the "night drift" bs.

My face:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

He was constantly dripping wet in Rio in #5, I assume it was a joke reference to that.

Why do I smell baby oil?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Statham is 47?! :psyboom:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Proposition Joe posted:

I agree with this. The Jason Statham stinger from 6 set up what should have been a relatively simple revenge movie and while Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou are cool it feels as though they came from a different Fast and Furious movie.

Im surprised how well they did after Paul Walker died. I'm sure they had to change the entire thing around.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Twinkie and Sean (and Neela's night drifting) must be first to join before the rest of your fantasy picks.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Not gonna lie, the runway scene was part of why I was a tad bit disappointed with the drone scene in 7. For all the crazy explosions of the drone scene, ultimately it was rather straightforward and linear. The runway scene, though, was just full-out organized chaos, with seven or eight concurrent moving parts all jumbling together into one balls-out frenetic hot mess.

Lin said it took him a year to come up with that or something.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

Giselle's dead by the time Tokyo Drift occurs, and that death kinda informs the aimless and pessimistic nature of where Han's philosophy has gone by then. He's still as chill and wry as he was in the prequels, but there's a lot of detachment there that 4-6 provide context for.

He also has a garage full of cars and I always wondered where he got the money from. 5/6 fixed that.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neil McCauley posted:

This movie was the best one !? I barely got through it. I didn't see the previous six.

On a high note (heh) if I would have been tanked/blazed it would have been awesome.

5 and 6 are better imo

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He wore it at the end of 6 too iirc. I think his closet is full of those and wife beaters.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

I don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a short featurette about how they did the tank chase in 6. I had no idea how much of that was practical effects, right down to getting an actual 60-ton tank to run over actual moving cars, and using little RC cars to film it. :stare: I love this series so, so much.

holy crap.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

This could refer to like at least 3 different scenes, 4 if you count Hobbes driving an ambulance into a drone.

That was my favorite part of the movie. :swoon:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

I want to see Tony Jaa vs. The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012