Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

How the hell does he look like he hasn't aged that much since the first one came out :magical:

Maybe it's all the Dungeons and Dragons.
Movie owns bones, but the vault heist still is my favorite.

cool things:

- Dom duel wields a pipe and wrench set while Shaw just rips twisted metal off his car
- Honsou screaming one syllable words never gets old: "WHAT?!"
- the Rock

not so cool:
- Iggy Azalea was garbage and Rousey too
- Dom's terrible on the nose one liners
-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The FnF series is the ultimate expression of "boys will be boys" and pure bromance

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Tej throwing down on that guy was pretty sweet. I was expecting some kind of gadget based defense.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The MSJ posted:

It looks like F7 is now Universal's biggest movie ever. It has already passed $1 billion worldwide.

http://www.thewrap.com/furious-7-drives-past-billion-dollar-mark-to-become-universals-biggest-movie-ever/

The street always wins.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I would accept his Latino friend, Chuy.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sir Kodiak posted:

Fast 5 is one of the few movies that could live up to the title Wild Speed Mega Max.

go go power rangers

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

RBA Starblade posted:

I had no idea who that was and didn't think anything of it.

I didn't recognize her at first but I knew I didn't like it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

JaRule posted:

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Yeah Rock's instagram feed is all about being a really cool rear end in a top hat. Vin Diesel's is all about FAMILY

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

KaptainKrunk posted:

Jason Statham being accepted as family despite killing Han and trying to kill Brian and Dom's sister and nephew makes perfect sense when you understand the ideology of Family.

"Let he who is without VIN cast the first stone." - The book of Dom "Racing Jesus" Toretto

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agreed. I mean this is basically the thematic underpinning of Elena's death, once she produced an heir she had outlived her usefulness except to die as an incitement for Dom's vengeance.

After that scene between Letty and Dom in the beginning, you already know the second Elena appears on screen she's going to die to allow Letty to be Brian's mother.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I personally thought the movie was okay, nothing spectacular. Like an earlier poster said, there's a Paul Walker sized hole in the movie, and it shows.

Favorite things:

Theron as Cipher was great, especially the turn about her purpose being justice accountability for nation states. I kinda felt bad for her because she's seeking accountability on a level of power that is impossible to achieve.
Statham's plane rescue was awesome, though I wish I hadn't seen it in a trailer before.
Scott Eastwood thinking he knows what's up and then getting chumped every time.

Not so good things:

The Rock was the most Rock he's ever been in a film, and it just got exhausting for me.
The set pieces just weren't as exciting as anything in 5 or 7. I couldn't turn off my brain and kept on looking at the CGI.

The rest of the cast is serviceable, and Roman is Roman.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Do you believe in the power of forgiveness?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

WhyteRyce posted:

Regular nos is for quarter mile, Cuban nos for Cuban mile

aren't cubanos cigars?

fake edit: for smoking people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Gatts posted:

Maybe the next Fast and furious should be a bunch of skits to accommodate all the ideas. Like the end credits of 22 Jump Street. Or a blooper reel like that.

22 Jump Street has the best end credits ever imo

• Locked thread