Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dead Snoopy posted:

Family...loyalty...hanging in there...us against the world...respect...

These themes aren't just talking points in Bon Jovi records, but also plot points of F&F movies

Also The Godfather. You're just a little runaway, livin' on a prayer thinking you can roast two American legends

The MSJ posted:

Fast 8 is halfway through production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ci3-30yU4

Goddamn this movie looks badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

GonSmithe posted:

Well, I was definitely wrong about them breaking Hobbs out of prison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BILK7pwjTK6/

:stare:

The Great One has still got it! Electrifying

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Rock owned the guy behind him, meanwhile the guy in front of him did a standing flip to impress us all

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That hacker played by Khaleesi's favorite subject is the eye candy, duh.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It does need Nic Cage though, well I need that anyway.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

He's great, but I don't think so personally. Fast Five was a really well done movie all around, The Rock added to it, but his role in these movies has been smaller. And GI Joe 2 starring The Rock made less money (in US anyway) than the first GI Joe.

Hobbes is a great fun character in a big ensemble series, and his role could/should be bigger now since Fast 8 is sorta starting a new direction. But the last few I'd put on the original cast's shoulders more so. And just them choosing to go in a more fun over-the-top action adventure direction in general. I also think Statham deserves some kudos.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Coffee And Pie posted:

Not to mention the return of Luda!

And honestly, I find Tyrese really funny and underrated in these too. He's one of the highlights.

Not to say I don't appreciate The Rock, when he said "Daddy's gotta go to work", that was one of the best moments in film history, no doubt.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You can't beat street racing Buddha saying cool wisdom and kickin' some rear end! I am there opening day! (Who wouldn't be)

I'm pumped.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

At least the ending (or after credits I forget) scene is awesome. Pretty hell yeah moment.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

BexGu posted:

Honestly at this point I think Vin Diesel character is kind of played out/story is basically done in the Fast & Furious franchise, especially without Paul Walker providing a nice counter-balance. Would love the franchise to move more towards a Rock/Jason Statham pairing for future movies but Vin Diesel probably isn't gonna let his franchise go until he is dead in the ground.

I love Statham and Rock, but Diesel is a very particular kind of unique action star that is tailor made for this series. His character, the action Buddha, is the best. He says cool wisdom and seems like he's deep as gently caress, in a funny way, and it's amazing. Reminds me a bit of Solid Snake in the MGS games, especially MGS2, where Snake waxes philosophical and says awesome stuff. We need more of that. Hobbs and Shaw would be a comparatively more generic action movie without that element. It could still be great, but Dom to me is oddly enough a more interesting character to work with.

He's got a happy ending they could leave Dom off on, sure, but they can still get a couple more movies of epic stuff out of him I think. I dig the rumor of a Hobbs/Shaw spinoff on top of these movies though.

If anything, I want more Dom than ever. And then give us some more Riddick movies after, keep the Diesel train rolling.

My thoughts on the movie by the way, very cool! I liked it more than I thought based on the trailers, since the "hero vs hero" thing wasn't my first choice to see again. But they pulled it off in a different way than those recent superhero movies. Overall I thought they did a solid job and kept it fun. I do hope they don't feel the need to further make things "bigger" in the next couple movies though. Definitely don't go to space, I know that's sacrilegious, but I want this to be space free. And Tatum free while we're at it.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 26, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Human Tornada posted:

LOL Vin Diesel and Dom both suck now. Dom works pretty good as a side character that our main characters (and we) interact with from arms length but he's been totally Poochie-fied in the last couple of movies.

Legendary street racer who speaks in tough-guy-zen baloney but is charismatic (?) enough to pull it off; that's the Dom that works best. The world's greatest hacker has an army of mercenaries and her own Air Force One but can't manage to steal a nuclear football unless she sends Dom in alone to do it for her?

I don't know if you could call him a side character in say Fast Five, one of the best ones. Just give us more tough guy zen baloney greatness to fill his extra screen time in Fast 9, it'll be great. And he's not just a legendary street racer, he's the leader of the most powerful and deadly tactical unit of street racer commandos ever assembled.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Diesel vs The Rock (not the Kevin Nash Diesel) didn't happen at WrestleMania, so they've moved onto the Tyrese vs The Rock at Survivor Series feud.

By the way I recommend the movie Young and Dangerous (1996), from HK, which had a bunch of sequels too. Good fun crime action/soap opera/family. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116456/

• Locked thread