Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

I don't think accepting a spinoff film when he's the best character of that franchise now makes him a bad person. He understands that he's one of the main draws of the movies, and is capitalizing on it. Just because the others don't want to break up "the family" doesn't mean he needs to deal with that.

Oh, I don't know if I can agree with that. F8 was a real drag in some parts and the fact of the matter is that The Rock has never been that great as a leading man. He's solid as a side character and in bits and pieces, but as a "lead" it just becomes a drag. People are a lot more down on the series after that last outing and when they gently caress with the mythos around "family" having Statham, who killed a member of the family, now part of the family, it's absolute horseshite. Also way too much of a focus on fake hacking bullshit that it really dragged down the film. Maybe that's what Rock thinks, but I strongly doubt this spinoff pays off in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“WhyteRyce”" post="“477168610”"]
I love the cast but lol if you think a Roman/Tej spinoff has the same appeal as a Rock/Statham one. False equivalence there Tyrese
[/quote]

Both would bomb and be totally forgettable

• Locked thread