Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I would say that 3 and 5 share the top spot for me and 1 is my guilty pleasure, but that would be a lie.

3, 5, and 1 share the top spot for me and 4 is my guilty pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

Did Lucas accent changed from the flashback to the new scene? I don't recall him being so southerny drawl
I haven't seen it yet, but remember that that jock at the beginning of Tokyo Drift specifically makes fun of Sean's drawl.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

I thought the movie was a bit bloated and the director overused the "roll the camera when someone gets flipped" move. Also Djimon Honsou continues to be wasted by Hollywood.

But drat if it wasn't propelled forward by how self aware it is. It almost felt like a parody at times, especially the very beginning. Fitting that we got trailers for Mission Impossible and the next Bond film. Also the D&D campaign theory is proven as goddamn Lord of the Rings-esque epic choral music blares when Dom and Shaw start their "street fight."

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy gently caress :staredog: Okay, so apparently the way they did the bank vault chase in Fast Five was they sawed off the end of a pickup truck and put just the front of it inside the vault casing. There was a guy inside driving the vault around and hitting exactly what needed to be hit by the vault and nothing else. But they closed him up in it so that it would take 15 minutes to get the driver out of the vault, so they ended up attaching hoses to him that fed to coolers of ice water for him to drink and they cut out the passenger seat of the truck and put a portable toilet in its place in case the driver had to go to the bathroom.

These movies and their stunt work are absolutely loving ridiculous and I love them so much.
The effort they put into making the vault chase a mostly practical effects affair was what sold me on it. I know what I'm watching is impossible, but I buy into it because it's clearly a physical thing smashing the poo poo out of cop cars, light poles, concrete pollards, a bank...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Also he winked, so he's alive. Or a clone. Or uploaded to an AI. Or a Force Ghost.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

CobiWann posted:

What does it say that in a movie where a car jumps between two (no, three) skyscrapers, a guy who was the biggest race promoter on the East Coast is now a top flight hacker, a drone missile can hit the back end of a car and just cause a spin out, a car can ROLL DOWN AN ENTIRE MOUNTAIN and the driver and passenger can walk it off thanks to a reinforced roll cage, and Paul Walker can hang with Tony Jaa in two fights…

…the only part of the movie that completely took me out of the moment was the random five-second Iggy Azalea cameo? That was the sole time during the entire movie where I rolled my eyes.
I wish that Letty had punched her instead of poor Hector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo
So how did that cameraman manage to jump out before the car while hauling those massive brass balls of his?

• Locked thread