Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I want Channing Tatum in FF8. White House Down was basically a FF movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why didn't Dom slowly descend the towers by just jumping from one to the other, turning around, and jumping back into the tower he just came from

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mandrel posted:

The brakes went out after the first jump, hence Dom going "NO BRAKES" at an increasingly alarmed Brian and proceeding to accelerate

Yes the brakes went out which is why they didn't park and get out. But they had plenty if room to turn/spin around, at least in the second tower, hence the tower ping ponging they should add in an ultimate cut

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Did no one care about the Rita Ora cameo in FF6 or do people just not know who she is?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can't wait for the Charlie XCX cameo in Fast 8. Yo Dom this ain't LA welcome to New York baby

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ja Rule was awesome you shut your mouth

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

You got a 10 second stroke?

Granny yanking when I should have been double pumping

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Rock confirms he'll be in Fast 8 and said they are considering a Hobbs spin off. The FF franchise is the new Mummy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

- Loosely based remake of an older film
- CGI a real person's face
- Huge milestone in The Rock's career
- Third movie takes place in an Asian country
- Had a headline actor from The One and This Is War

It all checks out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

I know they retired Brian, but am I the only one who wants to see him return as a scorpion king?

"What do you think of the new look Dom?"
"I'd always thought you'd go with a Spyder"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Fast 8 will be filming in Iceland. This will include what it claims to be the biggest explosion in the country. No word if it will also disrupt European air travel.
http://icelandreview.com/news/2016/01/26/fast-8-be-filmed-akranes

Here is a 1994 recording of Diesel at Toyfair, selling Street Sharks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

The thing about street sharks...the street sharks always win

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I want Shaw leading a F&F Suicide Squad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Johnny Tran's sister in law. Or crossover with Snow White universe

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wife beater and Corona, guys. It's all that matters

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Black Ops douche: "This highway is impregnable. Drones that will converge and attack anything emitting carbon dioxide, bombs rigged up to NOS detecting sensors, EMP guns every 30 yards wired to trip lines. You are not getting on this road"
Roman: "So they got the high tech covered...let's go low tech"
Black Ops douche: "And how do you propose we do that"
Roman: "I don't know man didn't you ever watch Ben Hur those guys were super low tech let's get some horses and spears and poo poo"
Dominic: "Tej, I need the unholy mix between that horse and that Charger"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can it be a prison submarine so Dom can get a souped up duck boat

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LesterGroans posted:

If I were a studio making a movie with The Rock I'd basically hand over all the marketing and PR to him.

Rock can just go running around screaming ICEMAN COMETH MOTHA FUCKA and I'd buy a ticket

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Channing Tatum and Terry Crews need to be in the F&F universe

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe Rock is a huge fan of Luda's early stuff and hates what he turned into

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mandrel posted:

The Rock is great but this is honestly super weird and if it's gonna gently caress up production I'd rather see him and his character gone in future movies. He was already barely in 7

He was barely in 7 but ever scene he was in was pure gold. Without Walker the series is thin on characters that can carry an entire scene by themself

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 11, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

the Rock and Taylor Swift

Add in T-Pain to make it a triple threat to my heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DFMbLKEjaI

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

reddit has suggested Fast10 Your Seatbelts. Occasionally reddit has good stuff.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't know how Japan topped Fate of the Furious but they did

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

As much as I love the title Sky Mission, they totally should have gone with F7 Limit Break

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast10 Fur10us

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Google translate agrees :monocle:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zedd posted:

I didn't know The Rock and Vin apparently disagreeing on set a lot would have this much of an impact. :v:

WrestleMania: Vin and Cena vs The Brock and Rock Connection

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tim Whatley posted:

A huge gripe I had was that they're all just kind of cool with Jason Statham after he mass murdered a hospital in the last film.

You mean they were cool with the dude that murdered Han and blew up Dom's house with his nephew outside but who cares it's Fast & Furious and F8 owned

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Who cares about continuity the whole series has been about "gently caress it just do something awesome gently caress if it makes sense"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

A long time ago Tej was just a humble mechanic

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey why are you taking my cousin's car
He didn't pay back the loan
You can't take this car away from him I'm going to tear this car apart and trash it in an effort to race you and then launch it into the ocean

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The baby/plane scene was basically a light hearted redo of the shoot-out in Face-Off

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When does Cypher join the team? In 9 or do we have to wait until 10?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Giving people what they want without loving it up in the name of artistry or style is apparently hard to do if you look at the crap WB is putting out.

And part of what made Fast Five so great was how unexpected it was. I think a bunch of people assumed it would be hot garbage. I love me some Rock but his movie career was in the shitter at the time too. You're not going to recreate that surprise anymore

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Regular nos is for quarter mile, Cuban nos for Cuban mile

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Asian markets hate Jason Statham, always killing Han or fighting Jet Li

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pirates can mirror F&F in that the second and third movies weren't as good as the first, the third one was really kind of stupid, and the forth one was utterly forgettable.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

well why not posted:

Man I always thought the "F&F goes to space" jokes were unreasonable but they're becoming more and more likely each time a film is released.

I'd also accept a time travel plot that reveals Cipher's dad sabotaged Dom's dad.

That racer who killed Dom's dad and who he beat with a wrench? Dom.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My dream has always been to have The Expendables vs. Dom's Crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think The Mummy would have been much better if it was Dom's Crew discovering it

• Locked thread