Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, and I'm amazed how far this goofy series has come since the beginning.

As far as what shots I think were affected by Walker's death...

-Almost every fight scene or stuntwork he'd normally be involved in. I think this is where they used his brothers.
-The house explosion scene.
-When Ramsey is talking to the team on the dock and describing each of them. Brian is standing in a really odd spot partially obscured by a post.
-On the plane when Dom and Brian talk about family and danger.
-Some shots during the big climax after he gets out of his car.
-Very obviously when him and Dom are racing at the very end (although I think the beach scene is actually mostly him).

I'm forgetting one or two other moments, but they did a hell of a job making the movie seem virtually unaffected by his death.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

ninjahedgehog posted:

One tiny, insignificant thing that bugged me:

You're Brian O'Connor. You're trying to bust loose this hacker from a well-funded, well-trained paramilitary organization and you have a literal army's worth of resources, weapons, vehicles, and materiel at your disposal (to the point where one of your teammates orders two different cars fused together). Your job is to ditch your car, leap into a bus full of spec-ops dudes, and fight your way through them solo.

Obviously the right gear to carry is a hoodie, sneakers, and a T-shirt, with your pistol jammed in your waistband. Seriously dude, you couldn't have borrowed a Kevlar vest, at least?

See, you're still viewing this as an action movie with a focus on cars. It's actually a superhero film at this point, and O'Connor's costume is a hoodie, sneakers, and jeans.

• Locked thread