Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BrianWilly posted:

I have zero pop culture. Who is Iggy Azalea and why is she terrible?

She orders Papa John's pizza (her favorite allegedly) while in New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Party Bug posted:

I keep thinking there's got to be some kind of sanity ceiling for these movies, but they never hit it.

Kurt Russell's character was also loving amazing. His vision is augmented.

The odds of Furious 8 leaving Earth's atmosphere are pretty high. Just got out of seeing this. It was everything I imagined :allears:

Rhonda Rousey needs to stop starring in movies though. Holy poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best part of that scene is that it's nearly identical to a scene with in The Avengers, with The Hulk in Hobbes' place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXXrXyvNtcg

Also, I kept my eye out for this scene and I chuckled when it came up. Someone also mentioned a long while ago that the cars are really just like iron man suits for the characters. Furious 5-7 is, straight up, one of the best superhero trilogies ever.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

What will it take for Fast 8 to pivot and have the Shaw brothers join Vin's crew? Jason Statham, Luke Evans, Vin, and The Rock make a pretty good new Avengers team.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

I mean seriously, we have the antagonist from Death Proof and the protagonist from The Transporter at this point; I seriously don't think we have any modern driving films to work with any more to pull people from except Nic Cage.

Mark Wahlberg, Seth Green, and Ed Norton from The Italian Job?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I imagine they'll probably bring back Ramsey and maybe the Arab garage owner that sold off the God's Eye and they'll both inexplicably become amazing drivers.

Yeah, those two are likely to be recurring members. I figure it just might be hard for Deckard to be redeemed in Dom's eyes since he, you know, killed Han. I want it to happen though. somehow someway.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm still holding out for Helen Mirren as Mama Shaw.

Oh my god.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

So is Dom's RX-7 from The Fast and the Furious still just sitting in that parking garage?

According to the F&F wiki:

quote:

Dominic drove a Mazda RX-7 in the race with Brian, Danny and Edwin. During the race Brian with his Mitsubishi Eclipse GS tries to gain an advantage by using nitrous but Dominic uses his nitrous as well and easily beats him. When the police arrive and everyone flees Dominic drives away his RX-7 to a parking garage and leaves the car before fleeing on foot. Dominic apparently retrieved the car because it is seen again at Dominic's house and again at Race Wars near Dom's trailer. The car has a VeilSide bodykit + VeilSide wheels.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, the cars in these movies are basically like swords or guns from any other movie.

I like the iron man suit analogy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Harlock posted:

Since the film is breaking a billion dollars in three weeks, how many more of these do you think they're going to make?

Vin already said Furious 7 started a new trilogy, so at least 2 more.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

New idea: get Aaron Yoo's character from the Friday The 13th remake to show up as his character, Chewie, who we learn is Han's younger brother. He can be in it for a few movies until he gets killed off during the events of Friday the 13th, revealing that not only do F&F and F13 share a universe, but much like his father, he was murdered by a Jason, who is now hunting the team.

The Fast and Furious crew of Hobbs, Dom, and the Shaw brothers vs horror movie all-star team Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers and Leatherface would be dope as gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The MSJ posted:

What are the chances this movies gets an Oscar nomination (for Best Original Song)?

Pretty good I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

duz posted:

If you're curious like me, the rest of the series is Wild Speed, Wild Speed X2, Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Drift, Wild Speed Max, Wild Speed Mega Max, Wild Speed: Euro Mission.

I wish these were the titles in the US too :(

• Locked thread