Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just got out. It was awesome and the tribute to Walker at the end was great. Could only really tell the end parts where it wasn't him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck, that was a perfect conclusion to the series. Somehow it managed to top the previous ones in terms of scale (they brought it back to where it all began (Race Wars) but then it also spanned the entire loving globe after that), and it was the absolute best way to honor Paul Walker's memory. I legitimately got teary eyed in the theater watching those last couple minutes. I hope they never make any more after this because there is no better way to wrap up a series than how this one did.

Hell, I'd cheer if this did actually win Best Picture. I felt like I was loving 11 years old watching the first one all over again, just filled with awe at every turn. The Fast And The Furious 7 was one beautiful goddamn movie.

Diesel already said 8 is planned and it'll be set in New York.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm sure the scene on the beach wasn't him, they didn't show his face a lot, and when they did it tracked past pretty quick. That was establishing for him leaving the series though, so that's obvious. Whatever they did it's about a million times better than fake-Arnold from Terminator: Salvation.

Also Kurt Russel is really showing his age. Maybe it's just because they stood him next to Vin Diesel but he looked small too, and not all that tough.

Ya it was definitely his brother on the beach, his body was just different enough you could tell something was out of place, especially his arms. The last scenes in the Supra as well.

edit: I also like the call back to 1 where Vin calls Brian a busta, that was great and it went by really fast but it was pretty cool that he still cracks on him like that.

mattfl fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Apr 3, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

Or Rundown Rock.

He ain't called Samoan Hulk for nothing.

Edit: The way it looks like it loops is great. Endless guard towers to smash.

I love this movie and I'll watch it anytime it comes on TV. He and Seann William Scott have great comedic chemistry and Christopher Walken is awesome.

• Locked thread