Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

duz posted:

This isn't a metaphor, that is literally how they say goodbye to the character.
This is not a deep, thought provoking series.

This is Cinema Discusso. A movie where the camera falls down and we watch the wall for 2 hours would be deep and thought provoking for no reason here. For example:

Darko posted:

Having kids and being with a family is like dying! Poor guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

PaganGoatPants posted:

I thought they already set Fast 8 and 9?

Vin Diesel said he wanted to do 10.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

They can tie it into his Gone in 60 Seconds remake. :getin:

Has to steal Dom's charger or something

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Judging by the way the series is developing and how it almost has become a parody of itself, why not have all of them IN ONE MOVIE???!

I hope they bring John Cena in as a PTSD-riddled Marine (from his movie "The Marine") who teams up with a horribly belligerent drunk who loves cars (Jeremy fuckin' Clarkson) and has to be stopped by a midget (Hammond) and an old guy (May) and they join forces with Vin Diesel and the entire cast of the Expendables.

Expendably Furious.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Romes128 posted:

Probably the most outrageous thing of this series is one of the crew have an R32 Skyline I'm the first TFATF movie and it doesn't race.

Yes, I'm extremely upset about that. They had the big 3 of 90s Japanese sports cars and one of them was used to block a street.

the supra didn't race the s2000, which i thought the entire movie was building up to the first time i saw it

that's the biggest injustice of the series

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

teagone posted:

According to the F&F wiki:

you can see him driving it in the scene where they are going to that parts store and using Brian's red pickup truck to get poo poo for the supra.

why do i remember this

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
those cars took like 8 minutes to go a quarter mile

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i have a hard time believing that the runway scene where the runway is like 36 miles wasn't done on purpose as a throwback to the first movie

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

just because someone made a video with quad-screens doesn't mean anything.

the first quarter mile in the series, a 10-15 second race even if you're in a stock Prius, lasted just over 2 minutes.

It is not outside the scope of realism that they made the runway scene the silly way that is more fun to imagine.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

Dwayne Johnson as Van Helsing would be awesome. Just make his character a mix of the Anthony Hopkins version and himself. Maybe have him speak with a Dutch accent, but don't hire him a coach and just tell him to wing it.

Before all of that, he needs to come out with a movie where his character is The Rock circa-1999.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Party Boat posted:

Yeah Vin basically self funded Riddick so it was a shame it turned out to be not very good.

I still don't know how Vin Diesel is so charismatic. I mean the man is a side of beef with a smiley face shakily drawn on it but he's carried the last three F&F films pretty well.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

PerpetualSelf posted:

I don't really think this film is all that great. I mean it's good but not that good. I'd give it maybe a high 6 or even a 7 but anything else is pushing it. 88% is certainly pushing it. It feels really disjointed. Fast Five is a amazing movie because it comes together into one complete story from beginning to end. This movie feels like a bunch of disjointed idea's that are really weakly connected. They look cool sure, but their not particularly convincing as a entire plot. There's not a single villain they are facing, or a singular simple goal. It suffers from the same kind of issues that superhero movies get when they pack in more than one villain. The best thing about it is the ending and the nice send off to Paul. But the incredible amount of bullets that fly in the film without a single character dying is kind of ridiculous when we consider how really small things have resulted in the death of other characters in the franchise in the past.

88% of the people gave it a positive rating. A 7 would be a positive rating. You are part of the 88%.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i would love to bang iggy azalea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

You're agreeing with the guy who had GIP's "Let's Talk About Idiots" thread renamed after him. Sorry Cole, but if you had sex with Iggy Azalea you'd probably get tetanus.

if you wouldn't you're a drat liar

• Locked thread