Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I have a ridiculously Fast and Furious car (Green Challenger 6.4 HEMI) and will be going tonight...in the Detroit area. Can't wait to see all the kids peeling out and challenging each other (and me) on the streets after, as what happens every time one of these ridiculously guilty pleasure movies comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The reason why the villain stayed alive is so that Statham can be the bad guy that joins the team in the next one to hype everyone up.

Ignoring the fourth wall, the ending is really, really funny. Having kids and being with a family is like dying! Poor guy!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tokyo Drift is awesome because it's the first movie that really established the "we don't give a gently caress and are just giving people exactly what they want, but are going to do it well," tone. The first was just an earnest remake of Point Break, and the second, a cartoonish, weaker retread of that, but the third is where the series first really found a voice of its own.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vin and Statham obvious SERIOUSLY care about family, so they obviously have a mutual bonding point.

We just need the ghost of Steve McQueen to arise or something for them to drive against.

I mean seriously, we have the antagonist from Death Proof and the protagonist from The Transporter at this point; I seriously don't think we have any modern driving films to work with any more to pull people from except Nic Cage.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The cars in the Fast and Furious movies are summons and don't possess the attributes of the actual cars they are. A stock 392 6.4 liter Challenger made mainly for straight line drag racing can beat a GTR on a twisty road - why not? 4 identical Chargers race each other (all modern Chargers are automatics), and Dom and Paul Walker's characters are faster than everyone else even though all you do is "press hard on gas" in that car? Sure! It doesn't matter to see any particular car "race" another since the cars just possess the attributes/abilities of their drivers.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like how the movie is so over the top, you completely forget MINOR ridiculousness, like Vin lifting up the car and holding it for like ten minutes so Paul Walker could work under it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Lazenby gets the Ultra Limited Super Special GOTY bluray.

Lazenby should get merged with Dalton since Licence is the thematic sequel to Lazenby's movie, as opposed to Diamonds, which doesn't even really address it at all outside of the opening. Licence to Kill is Bond getting revenge on the killer of his best friend's wife due to the memory of that happening to him, so it works well in that group. It also explains why he's so much more angry/rough in Living Daylights.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a tangent but I don't get this. There are three, maybe four super hero things every year. And if everyone who expressed this sentiment stopped going to them, they'd probably make less money and stop being made even that often.

Also I've got some bad news for you: the F&F movies have basically been super hero movies since 5.

The sentiment makes sense when you realize that they take over so many tentpole/blockbuster releases. Every slot that would be taken by an Independence Day or a Minority Report (as examples) are now superhero films. This year is kind of different since we get Star Wars and Jurassic World to break things up, with no DC, but that's the issue people are having.

Fast and the Furious already is a superhero movie, though, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah Hobbes is basically Commando Arnold.

• Locked thread