Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

True, but it makes sense. The cameo by Dom in Tokyo Drift allowed Han to be in 4-6, and I had no issues with the necklace retcon. It changed Han's death, but gently caress it, that scene promised us Fast and Furious vs. The Transporter, and Furious 7 did not disappoint.

The funny thing about the Tokyo Drift cameo is that it only happened because of a deal where Vin making that tiny cameo gave him control over the rights to the Riddick character/setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

I thought the movie was great. The ending was very much like Pitch Black, but I am hoping another one is made. I cannot get enough of the Adventures of Space Conan.

While it didn't do great in theaters I believe it sold well enough on DVD/BR that they're going to make another one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

Just got back from seeing this, it was pretty great but why did the pmc guy suddenly get a huge murderboner for vin diesel at the end? He didn't do anything to him since they had that stare down at the Caucus. It seems like an excuse to get Statham out of the way without him actually losing the fight.

They stole the thing he wanted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the thing that bugged me most about the movie was the Iggy Azalea cameo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

I didn't recognize her at first but I knew I didn't like it.

It really threw me out of the movie because it took me a minute to realize who it was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been advertising the home release as an "Extended Edition" is there a rundown of what the differences are supposed to be?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Charlize Theron is rumored to be in the running as a villain in 8.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rewatching 7 and it's kind of weird how they completely subvert expectations by having Kurt Russell's character actually be a stand up guy who never betrays them and keeps up his end of the bargain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

I will take Walton Goggins in absolutely anything but he would just blow everyone out of the water in Fast Nine and it would be beautiful.

If you aren't already aware he does have a new show starting up this summer on HBO, it's called "Vice Principals" and it's about him and Danny McBride fighting over who gets to be principal of a high school after the old one steps down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Mad Max, here's the first picture of the villain Cipher.

Did they photoshop her face or something? She looks really weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drivers in Cleveland not phased by poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that guy from Game of Thrones is contractually obligated to keep his hair like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Supposedly there was a cut scene that was supposed to set up a spin-off involving the two.

Yeah, there were reports that they did a post credits stinger with them officially teaming up but apparently it was done without Diesel's knowledge or something like that and he made them pull it.

I kind of felt that this movie suffered a little too much from them trying to make it the Vin Diesel show but every time Statham was on screen he just kind of stole the picture.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When it was filming there was news that they were fighting but then it was supposedly fake?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, it was kind of weird how they specifically showed people in those cars but never really followed up on it in any way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

I dunno, a guy who thinks family is that important might not be above polygamy.

It was funny how at the end of 6 it seemed like Dom was seriously considering bringing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

whydirt posted:

What's the SitC drama?

There's some whole thing with Kim Cattrall supposedly tanking a SitC3 by demanding the studio produce some unrelated project of hers and the studio not wanting to do it. Also apparently her and Sarah Jessica Parker would only interact when the cameras were rolling on the second movie.

• Locked thread