Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Schiavona posted:

-The bench of characters for the series is getting kind of light. Unless they somehow fold in Tokyo Drift people, our team of drivers is pretty small from a Fast Five peak.

I have to agree w/ this but gently caress bringing in anybody from Tokyo Drift, outside of the bad guy. They do need to beef up the roster & I'd love to see Tego and Rico back in the fold to start w/. I always wondered why they didn't bring back Suki [Devon Akoi].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

duz posted:

So was I, so I looked into why. Apparently her family owns the Benihanna restaurant chain so she doesn't need any money and also her and her partner started a family and she just had her second kid last year.
I hope they can convince her to come back since it seems like the cast is mostly the 2fast crew now.

...and yet ARROW almost got her as a cast member when they went into filming season 3 last year.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I thought there were a few sly callbacks to xXx during the Dubai sequence, especially the camera angles with the vehicle jump between buildings and the reference to the car being a beast 'living in a cage'.

There was a congregation outside my theater opening night, waiting for the doors to pull up. This purple Mazda, all riced up, not only pulled up but his brakes squealed for a mile around, no doubt because he's never changed them. An Asian male in his 20s jumped out & asked about 60 of us if the 'theater was open'. I called out, 'yeah it is, that's why we're all out here.' He was embarrassed and revved off and admit the laughter, when he revved his engine a 'DOUCHEBAG' chant started.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

GraPar posted:

I feel like Paul Walker's ability to do great hand-to-hand combat scenes is/was totally underrated - in both his fight scenes in this film he manages to pull off the incredible feat of making it look not insane that he could beat Tony Jaa, and in Fast Six his prison sub-plot is a little bit tedious, but totally made up for by the excellent many-against-one prison cell fight scene.

I'm willing to bet you'll enjoy this bit of back story...

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/remembering-paul-walker-the-martial-artist

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah, it was pretty loving stupid. If they really were dead-set on having her in the movie, why not make her the start girl at Race Wars instead of the tattooed chick? That's what they did in 6 with Rita Ora... and it was still kinda dumb, but at least there was a reason for her to be there.

I'm actually amazed at how much poo poo is given for having Iggy speak 2 lines in this movie. I mean, I loving LOATHED Rita Orra in #6 and still think she's worse. More people should bemoan the presence of this 4th gen fugazi Brit Beyonce knock-off.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I imagine they'll probably bring back Ramsey and maybe the Arab garage owner that sold off the God's Eye and they'll both inexplicably become amazing drivers.

I suspect its only a matter of time until Hobbes [The Rock] is forced to operate outside the law and that means he'll be in "Dom's World" then.

I cannot get enough of the idea of having the series travel overseas through these arabic countries and have the crew interacting w/ $2.5 million supercars. That's the next level poo poo I want to see.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
A Man Apart is loving underrated.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

McBRIDE - GOGGINS is all the tagline this show needs, don't even bother trying to come up with something clever

gently caress!
Now I want them BOTH in the F&F franchise.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Family...loyalty...hanging in there...us against the world...respect...

These themes aren't just talking points in Bon Jovi records, but also plot points of F&F movies

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
His guns probably weren't registered.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I want a buddy film with The Rock and Terry Crews.

I want a TRILOGY w/ Rock & Crews.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I love how we're going to replace Brian w/ Shaw and IGNORE the fact that Shaw just straight up executed Han.

This series...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Samuel Clemens posted:

"Han? I thought you were dead."
"I was."

$old.

I will also never stop insisting they should have just replaced Walker with a Muppet version of him in the last movie during all the stuff yet to be filmed. Save a fortune on CGI. Not even ACKNOWLEDGE it, just play it straight.

Actually, how long before Keanu Reeves himself - the prototype Paul Walker - just drifts into this series. Mysterious wild card from the future who almost dies in front of the team but comes back shaken:

Vin : But...I saw you. You...you were dead!
Keanu: I...I saw...Paul Walker. He said something...
Vin : WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY?!
Keanu: 'Whoa.'

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

A Deacon posted:

The success of the Fast and Furious franchise illustrates everything that is wrong with American pop culture.

I prefer to think of it as a repudiation of American pop culture. It understands it isn't Shakespeare and instead of getting all emo about it or going up its own rear end creating a 'think man's action hero' like the early 1990s tried to do, it laughs at itself and becomes MORE outlandish because it understands the sense of camaraderie and outlandishness is what has made it so durable as a franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Lobok posted:

The franchise could do better for women, though. Diversity of the cast is great and all but each of the films has music video shots of women's asses. And the women can only fight other women.

There you go overthinking it again.

• Locked thread