Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
chess , the game with critical acclaim that everybody loves, is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
True games confession: No One Lives Forever, the game with critical acclaim that everybody loves, is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/442795/chess-interesting-concept-ruined-too-many-design-f

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

chess , the game with critical acclaim that everybody loves, is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

nailed it, exactly what I was thinking of

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

True games confession: Goldeneye, the game with critical acclaim that everybody loves, is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

:agreed:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ps: i do not actually despise no one lives forever, i just appear to have a lower opinion of its gameplay than many other people and think its general gameplay aspects are very weak compared to its writing, music and sense of style

i feel this is incredibly important enough in the video games forum to be worth clarifying

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I would dress up as an Uru character for Halloween with a Yeesha journey shirt except that I know that for all the effort involved, nobody would would know who I was.

i read all of the books about the D'Ni kings in Uru. sometimes in my head I make "zooooOOOOOOO-AH!-ah!-ah-ah noise and pretend I am teleporting places.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

there was an ngage exclusive mgs

I don't like mgs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you don't like mgs, i don't like you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i hope someone makes an ngage emulator so the cool tes can be played by people

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

ps: i do not actually despise no one lives forever, i just appear to have a lower opinion of its gameplay than many other people and think its general gameplay aspects are very weak compared to its writing, music and sense of style
I rather agree, NOLF 1 is good but the boss fights and some of the levels were terrible.

I'm in the second chapter of 2 and I'm loving the more Deus Ex style gameplay a lot more than the original but the constantly respawning enemies are terrible. Yes, let's have constantly respawning enemies in a stealth game, that's a great idea.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 30, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I always liked Samurai Shodown over Street Fighter. True fact.

E: I liked the Deud Ex:HR boss fights. I was part of the problem.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Return to Castle Wolfenstein sucks poo poo. Because forced stealth in a 90's style FPS fits so well.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I enjoy japanese games, especially japanese fighting games

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

bloodychill posted:

I always liked Samurai Shodown over Street Fighter. True fact.

E: I liked the Deud Ex:HR boss fights. I was part of the problem.

SS has a more fun style of balance: Don't gently caress up, wait for the other guy to gently caress up. SF2 is more about combos and special moves, SS is about chopping the other guy in the face.

What I'm saying is I'm totally with you, also there needs to be a new Last Blade in the style of Guilty Gear Xrd.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
True games confession: When I base how much I respect a person, or think they're cool...

Their skill at videogames doesn't factor in. Summarily, I also have very much less draw to be very good at any given game. I just use them pass the time.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 30, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Dewgy posted:

SS has a more fun style of balance: Don't gently caress up, wait for the other guy to gently caress up. SF2 is more about combos and special moves, SS is about chopping the other guy in the face.

What I'm saying is I'm totally with you, also there needs to be a new Last Blade in the style of Guilty Gear Xrd.

I would be all over that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's illegal to make fun of people with some semblance of success in life on this comedy forum

it is not illegal, it is simply a little dumb to specifically say someone's life sucks when i would straight up give a nut to have that fucker's life (gay cuck status nonwithstanding)

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

if you want people to like you try cutting back on epic gbs memes

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
SA is not a place for people whom are liked by anyone. That's why I fit in so well.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Gaming confession: Virtually every point-and-click adventure game is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My confession would've been about Ocarina of Time if that quote was like "massively overrated" and not "loving stupid and I can't see why anybody ever played it" so I feel you

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Really I'll just come out and say that the N64 was a bad console and the Game Cube was better than it in every way.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Really I'll just come out and say that the N64 was a bad console and the Game Cube was better than it in every way.

The Ps2 is the only thing stopping the Cube from being the best Console of all time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Zombies' Downfall posted:

My confession would've been about Ocarina of Time if that quote was like "massively overrated" and not "loving stupid and I can't see why anybody ever played it" so I feel you

Speaking of that, the only Zelda I've played since Link to the Past is Link Between Worlds and I don't feel bad about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accordion Man posted:

Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda.

I believe that was recently proven as an objective fact by some kids at MIT.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ill kill u

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nasgate posted:

The Ps2 is the only thing stopping the Cube from being the best Console of all time.

look at the retard baby who never had a colecovision

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

look at the retard baby who never had a colecovision

That's Garbage Dick to you.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

When my high school sweetheart broke up with me I basically moved to Hyrule, and played Ocarina of Time until the cartridge made a pop noise and stopped working.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
same, except it was hey you pikachu

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

same, except it was high-proof alcohol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

same, except it was high-proof alcohol

i did that once i was out of high school.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i did that once i was out of high school.

yeah but i grew up in the south

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why not both? Be like me and get good at drinking AND playing video games at the same time when you're sad, it's the best of both worlds :toot:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
get drunk and discuss marxist interpretations of video games with you s.o.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hey bae, did you know that bowser is the collective scheming and plotting of the proletariat as they try to get equal footing the only way they can, and mario is the symbol of unstoppable capitalism?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
This seem like those awful episodes on sci-fi series when someone decides that they should discuss serious real life matters. Like that babylon 5 episode about work rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Microsoft has changed all the wording on the xbox and does not list it as a videogame console anymore but as a Windows 10 compatible device.

• Locked thread