Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Let's talk about the DK rap to celebrate DK64 coming to virtual console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Well maybe TVs and Movies but there isn't a GBSer who doesn't love being a retard
I am a GBSer. Let the battle be joined.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why in loving gay jesus' name are you playing croc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CrookedB posted:

I hope Lightning Returns comes out this month on PC. What's taking them so long.

I want Lightning to return.
"So CrookedB, you show your true form" - Fox McCloud

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stux reaped again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is anything good coming out this month at all

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

every single poster in new gbs is an insane pedophile
New GBs is actually incredibly good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

April Games Chat Thread: now with an unsurprising taint reaping on every page!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You eat umbilical cords to become god?Is this a Scientology thing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Excels posted:

just out of curiosity, how accurate is this

they went too deep into irony... we all know the cautionary tale of niggerstomper58.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

good article

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Pillars of Eternity thread is a good example of a thread where people eat a probie for jokes and it's extremely bad to use immature + triggering words like "stupid".

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I opened the ZElda thread once and they were talking about discrepancies in the canonical Zelda timeline

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't actually know what I do on SA because I don't post on any of the forums about things I'm interested in. Like, I read and write a lot, but forums just don't seem like "the place" to talk about those things, so I just wander around in GBS, shitpost everywhere I see and wish I was funny enough to post in FYAD.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I'm too scared to go into that thread for those exact reasons.
Black Baby Goku got probied again for upsetting this person with his jokes on a comedy forum :

Mandy Thompson posted:

You don't sound like a particularly nice person. Perhaps after you have graduated from junior high school you'll learn about the importance of respect.

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Hmm, seems like pretty serious "who cares?" territory to me, especially since BBG trolls pretty consistently and probably expects to eat the occasional probie.
BBG is a canary in the Games mines, voluntarily sticking his neck out for the Probing to warn us about bad threads.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is that kurt cobain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

Realtalk though, why are 90s style isometric games coming back? Anyone have a clue?
Because they're the best games, and it's what good and sensible gamers want, and it's what developers want to make. Now Kickstarter lets them circumvent the publisher monster and keep the dream alive.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Pillars the new Gone Home or sth where if you're even mildly critical of it, it means you're a crypto-bigot? I'm really not looking forward to having to defend my ideological purity because I don't dig 90s RPGs that much
what are you talking about you loving weirdo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

precision posted:

I remember Divine Divinity, it was like Diablo only you could pick up every rock and twig and book which got a bit old but I think it was fun

never played the sequels
play the sequels. except beyond divinity which even the devs think was awful and worthless lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was going to post about how I find opera a bit of a cultural dead end, basically the musical theater of its age, and then I figured it's probably still more cultured than postign in April Games Chat Thread: now with a surprise Anime bonus on every page! so w/e

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Man IF would totally be up my alley because I honestly do think games can have good storytelling and enjoy the hell out of the ones that strive for it, but I just despise text parsers.
Look into the Choice Of _______ games if you haven't, some of them are really good and they're getting drat complex these days. Choice of Broadsides is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

men when I was dozing off last night I remembered how good the SP campaign of Timesplitters 2 was.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Oh hey I watched that one Red Letter Media video about the game too.
I thought it was obnoxious when people started parroting RLM Star Wars reviews but I never foresaw the deluge of smug "heh you criticised this thing? Red Letter Media did too........ gotcha b*thc" posts, endlessly, forever. I miss those innocent days.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

According to the devs they were hamstrung by the necessity to put gameplay into their video game.
yeah

quote:

CVG: So of the three key aspects of a game - visuals, gameplay and story - which would you say was your priority with The Order 1886?

Game director (Dana Jan): I think story and visuals are very high. Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it's what we start with. It's at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it'd be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay's sake, then try to make a story that fits in there.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ekster posted:

It's almost like frequent drug use is not conducive to the lifestyle of a responsible adult.
most truly successful adults get by via massive cocaine habits and are also functioning alcoholics though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Necrovision was really fun, I don't know why people hate it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm really confused at all this hype for a Mortal Kombat game in 2015, I don't remmeber anyone caring about the last one. Is it good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'll be honest I'm not really a fighting game person but I really liked Injustice (or maybe taht's why I liked Injustice? I dunno) so I might give this one a look

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 2 is good, people hate it because it's not as good as the first one but that doesn't actually mean much because it's still good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So the next time I install Skyrim and install enough mods to make it fun it's going to cost me about a hundred quid? Okay then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't understand why they realised a dedicated block button was dumb in Injustice and then decided it was actually really good and put it back in.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Yeah I know, but it came out long after the initial release I think so I never really got to play it. Looks fun though.

It's legal to play games even years after launch.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I thought Anthony Burch laughing was just a gamergate thing but it turns out he is actually hilarious. His brain broke when the internet called him a lovely writer, and then he decided he was queer (but doesn't like men) so he could call critics homophobes, then he forced his wife into an "open marriage" then cried endlessly about how she was getting more sex than him and he couldn't get laid, and then his wife left him, and now he cries at home forever. I still feel kind of dirty for knowing this though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

the argument was that he is doing better in life ("better off," as I worded it), shithead status is kind of irrelevant. he's got a roof over his head much more comfortably and with much less daily effort than most of us.
It's illegal to make fun of people with some semblance of success in life on this comedy forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

uguu

• Locked thread