Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Neckbeards get more pathetic and annoying as the years go on. We should bring back bullying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Nasgate posted:

That's an offense in gbs? Does anime just hit too close to home for them, so they're afraid of it?
The notion of unironically liking anything leaves New GBS scared and confused.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Adam Jensen is a cool dude and I am glad that he still won't be asking for this.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

They killed off Faridah :smith:
What's with games making the scrubbiest outcomes canon? If you didn't massacre every MJ12 goon there you should just stop playing games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Contrast had clunky gameplay but really good atmosphere so hopefully the devs can really nail down both for this game now that they have a game under their belt.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Pillars of Eternity.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Joke's on you, you can't troll me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

bioware games are literally written by 4chan users
I thought that it was Gearbox games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I didn't know Breath of Fire was stealing Mega Ten's thunder.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Zombies' Downfall posted:

BoF may well be the JRPG series which most consistently used the "killing God" trope
Nah, Mega Ten still has it beat. It doesn't even beat around the bush and straight up makes Yahweh the main villain.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also the only way to beat Yellow Devil was to use a glitch.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

dat one portagee posted:

what the hell was that super nintendo game where you played this guy with floating limbs like rayman and you flung them at people, i think if you got hurt it took your limbs away or something. i liked that game
Plok.

It had a great soundtrack too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggt9xrUZOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OHV_ByQIIw

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Bicyclops posted:

my new goal, as of right now, is to somehow convince our opera programs that this is a good idea, but someone will need to write enough music and lyrics to fill about an hour and a half and use a full orchestra.
You can just throw in the lost Wagner opera from Gabriel Knight 2 to pad it out. :haw:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

I was gonna make another Interactive Fiction thread when the annual competition ended last year but still haven't done it :effort:
Man IF would totally be up my alley because I honestly do think games can have good storytelling and enjoy the hell out of the ones that strive for it, but I just despise text parsers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

there's apparently a new age of empires ii expansion coming out
Postal 2 is getting one too after more than a decade. I bought it yesterday because its a buck on Steam and I had card money. It's good and its funny because I'm playing a pacifist run so its a normal guy trying to live a normal life while crazy poo poo's going on around him.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can also wait until it comes out on GOG.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Quest For Glory II posted:

Enjoy Wolf New Order and Old Blood because I don't think there's like any good shooters coming out right now for the rest of 2015

I mean I'm sure there's a new COD and Battlefield and Far Cry coming but I'm talking about good shooters
Killing Floor 2, man.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

I liked Wolfenstein TNO but the thing that dragged it down for me is that I never really had enough ammo for the big guns to do anything fun with them so I just used the standard assault rifle pretty much the entire time. The laser gun/sniper rifle and laserkraftwerk have pretty tiny battery life and you get maxed out on rockets way too quick for them to be useful in normal combat. Also the robot enemies kinda suck because there's no real way to tell if you're hurting them until they spontaneously explode because you killed them. I agree with the guy that said it was good but not great tbh.
I never had this problem. I actually never really used the cover mechanics at all and just opened up with stealth and if I got caught I'd go guns blazing, running around the map with dual weapons, and just avoided damage by crouching behind stuff like an old FPS.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
MGS3 is such a drat good game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
2's good though if only for how big a troll it was.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Peace Walker was boring as hell and I gave it multiple chances.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah it was the helicopter that made me stop.

MGS is known for its kooky goon squads and not having one really killed PW for me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It might as well be cancelled honestly. I really doubt Konami gives enough a poo poo to do it justice now. Kojima and his team were the only people making games in the whole company.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

MK9 was the first good MK ever.
This isn't an uncommon opinion.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

I don't think a majority of the people in Japan will need you to convince them to hate anime.
Yeah unless its legacy anime like Doraemon or One Piece anime is far far less popular in Japan than the Internet would like you to think.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Broforce, Double Dragon Neon, and Battleblock Theater for starters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Mods were just afraid of the future of posting.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Blackdog420 posted:

I purchased every Skyrim mod available on steam. I think it's a great move by Valve and I am excited to see what is to come in the future!
There's probably someone that did this and its going to be hilarious when they all get pulled.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Shadow of Mordor is really good and I'm glad I was wrong to think it was going to be a lovely licensed rear end Creed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I can't wait for another of my favorite game series to have its last entry be a Pachinko machine. (Shadow Hearts being the first.)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't find any info on this machine, did it actually get made?
No, but I bet Konami will just crap out a pachinko machine of it in a few years time.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, the company that owns the license (Universal Entertainment Corporation) is a pachinko and gambling machine maker. They just never did anything with the SH license.
Sorry, I'm not being clear enough, what I mean to say is that I'm just guessing that they'll make a Silent Hill one, I know there hasn't been one.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man I would love a Shadow Hearts 4 set in the 50's with a B movie aesthetic so much.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jon Do posted:

I dunno, I watched the GB Quicklook and wasn't really impressed with the setting. I also heard it was mediocre to bad. Is this not true? If I'm missing out, let me know.

e: Still noone to weigh in on the State of Decay Year One? gently caress it, I'll take the plunge. Trip report at some point.
The first half is really good, I haven't had the time to really play the second half yet though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Adam Bowen posted:

I feel like it would be a ton of fun with 3 or 4 other people maybe, but it's basically an early version of Ubisoft's open-world games loaded with poo poo to do that gets boring after about 45 minutes.
There's been a multiplayer mod for the game for a while now, its even available to download off Steam.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
*Whoops never mind*

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Konami might be selling off Castlevania, Metal Gear, and all it's franchises that it's been sitting on for decades.
Ha ha ha, keep dreaming.

I wish they would though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Calling Kojima an egoistical gently caress is truly uncalled for sir/madam.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

ps: i do not actually despise no one lives forever, i just appear to have a lower opinion of its gameplay than many other people and think its general gameplay aspects are very weak compared to its writing, music and sense of style
I rather agree, NOLF 1 is good but the boss fights and some of the levels were terrible.

I'm in the second chapter of 2 and I'm loving the more Deus Ex style gameplay a lot more than the original but the constantly respawning enemies are terrible. Yes, let's have constantly respawning enemies in a stealth game, that's a great idea.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Return to Castle Wolfenstein sucks poo poo. Because forced stealth in a 90's style FPS fits so well.

• Locked thread