Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Donkey Kong 64 is the worst of the three collectathon platformers Rare released on the N64 but still very fun if its biggest flaws don't bother you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I beat Trails in the Sky yesterday and it was good. I hope the second game and also the third get translated, because I would like to play more good video games and also the music in the third game goes from very very good to extremely, unstoppably good.

The Senran Kagura thread was good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
DK64 had some really cool worlds. Fungi Forest, Frantic Factory and Creepy Castle were the best.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think most of my love for DK64 comes from how loving surreal that game feels at times, especially in those later worlds.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that anime mario bros. art is very good

it makes me wish nintendo would make a game like that for the wii u so that i could buy it and play it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I like video games, mostly ones with anime in them. BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are my favorite fighting video games, and they contain anime so I think that's why. I can also enjoy video games that do not have anime inside them, though, like Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, or God Hand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
More people should like Donkey Kong 64.

I am lying about that, but I do think Donkey Kong 64 is fun and that part is not a lie.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I want to play something like a Warriors game, so I am hoping that One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 will have a good PC port because I don't own a Wii U and I also don't own a Vita to get an extra anime-filled Warriors clone. If one of those extra anime-filled Warriors clones comes to the PC, though, I may buy it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I haven't played a lot of JRPGs but my favorite is tied between Earthbound, Xenogears, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Xenogears is a very good PS1-era JRPG that I was able to enjoy outside of the entirety of disc 2 which was after all of the awesome parts

The only PS1-era JRPG I strongly dislike in any way is Thousand Arms

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I stopped playing Thousand Arms when it suddenly went from making fun of dumb fantasy JRPG adventures to being a dumb fantasy JRPG adventure, and it gave me a magical super summon followed by a fight where the magical super summon was literally completely loving useless and did as much damage as my normal attack.

It didn't help that the combat sprite work looked kind of weird and the cutscene art and animation was absolutely loving atrocious.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The point where I stopped playing was, I'm pretty sure, right before that stuff started to be necessary for leveling up your weapons.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm glad that Falcom made the platforming in Nayuta no Kiseki so tight, because I'm playing through Gurumin and the platforming elements in it are honestly really poo poo. Still looks really nice, though. I wish there were more action adventure RPGs like these and Brave Fencer Musashi and Threads of Fate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Yellow Devil is actually my favorite boss in Mega Man 1 and the one I found to be the least frustrating.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm getting beaten up by the boss fight with the evil gay dudes in God Hand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

icantfindaname posted:

I was promised a surprise Anime bonus on every page. Well, where is it?

ps. nayuta no kiseki is a good anime game, i highly recommend it if you like stuff like brave fencer musashi and threads of fate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is there a full English translation for this? It looks rad as hell

Totally, it's floating around somewhere on GBAtemp, should be the first link that pops up when you do a google search for it. It's super rough, but it will actually let you understand what people are saying which is very important for all the sidequests.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I do not like Resident Evil 1 but Resident Evil 2 and 4 are cool.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just beat an already relatively hard mini boss in God Hand on level 3/die without dying. God Hand is really loving good and I'm glad I'm not spending 90% of my time on level 1 or 2 this time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'll stick to my anime fighting games starring a big buff Queen fan, thank you

(Actually I'm lying, I play BlazBlue more, this is an important side-note)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't think a majority of the people in Japan will need you to convince them to hate anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

VideoGames posted:

whatever happened to project spark

A bad episodic sequel to Conker.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've still not played Rayman Legends but Rayman Origins remains my favorite 2D platformer of all time to this day so if Legends is even better everyone should totally play it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Wakfu is a french cartoon, but the Ogrest movie did have involvement from Studio Ghibli. I welcome the inclusion of french anime to Steam.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Timesplitters 2 really kicks rear end. Just wish it was on PC because the only thing I'm not liking about it is the aiming, otherwise it actually holds up pretty well and is like a much less dated Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
True games confession: No One Lives Forever, the game with critical acclaim that everybody loves, is actually loving stupid imo and I can't see why anybody ever played it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ps: i do not actually despise no one lives forever, i just appear to have a lower opinion of its gameplay than many other people and think its general gameplay aspects are very weak compared to its writing, music and sense of style

i feel this is incredibly important enough in the video games forum to be worth clarifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you don't like mgs, i don't like you

• Locked thread