Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bloodychill posted:

They're better than nasgate's but you have to give it to him, he's just telling it how it is and saying what we're all thinking because we all think the same on these, the SA internet forums. I know I only like cultural diversity reflected in games because an fyad poster ironically told me to

Where did nasgate say anything about cultural diversity, he just said he thought Pillars was kinda bad

Is Pillars the new Gone Home or sth where if you're even mildly critical of it, it means you're a crypto-bigot? I'm really not looking forward to having to defend my ideological purity because I don't dig 90s RPGs that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

I think we can all agree that the most interesting japanese devs take a lot of drugs. Miyamoto loves the 'shrooms, Kojima probably smokes mad weed, and suda51 can't even wake up without 200 micrograms of lab grade LSD

Japanese drug law is super loving crazy draconian so I highly doubt this

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"shelling out for quality weed"

lol if you don't live in a med state or know a dude who sells $10 grams

e: also, use my strategy: buy all your games on steam sale and use the savings for :420:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i went on my friendly neighborhood private torrent tracker a minute ago and this is what the top MKX one is named:

"Mortal Kombat X Proper-*group* (Awesome PC Game - FATALITY!)"

fuckin lmao

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah MK9 was really loving good and so was Injustice

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you're in luck, NRS makes fighting games pretty much specifically for "not really a fighting game people"

e: this is a Good Thing, i'm not really a fighting game person either and pretty much everything outside of NRS stuff is loving impenetrable to me on any kind of deep level

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Accordion Man posted:

This isn't an uncommon opinion.

it's a bad opinion though, every MK except for Deadly Alliance, Armageddon and Vs. DC owns

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sakurazuka posted:

1 and 4 do not own at all.

actually yes they both do

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
THIS IS NOT A BRUTALITY, THIS IS A FATALITY

*WHOOOGAGAAAAY*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also TESO is garbage and a half

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember at the end of Tobias Wolfe's "Bullet in the Brain" when he just keeps repeating "They is" over and over? I want the last thing I think when I get shot in the head to be "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" again and again and again.

That is not a short story I expected to hear offhanded references to on here. :stare:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please do not post a picture of me, the vaguely ethnic man in the background.

you're Mac irl?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is comipo actually good (or at least like, not staggeringly awful)? i've kinda wanted to write something and try to make it A Thing (because I'm unemployed and writing things is the only thing approaching a skill I have), getting a VN greenlit seems a whole lot easier than making any kind of decent money off a kindle book, and the only obstacle to me using ren'py is that i can't art

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Anthony Burch may be kind of a goonlord but he also gets paid to do almost nothing because people find his writing really funny, so I'd say he's doing better than the vast majority of people on SA tbh

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Excels posted:

mainly because he posted about himself constantly on twitter, people like him have no concept of keeping their personal lives personal. everyone has to know what they are doing 24/7 even if it is humiliating (ESPECIALLY if it's humiliating, for some reason)

this is literally the point of twitter, you will be a much healthier and happier man if you stop reaching for reasons to raise your blood pressure at silly internet people.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CJacobs posted:

Success in your industry of choice does not automatically make you better off than other people. You could be the richest video games person in the whole world and if you're a shithead people hate then you can't fairly say you're better than anyone else. As Burch goes to show, money can't buy your stupid loving words back into your mouth.

the argument was that he is doing better in life ("better off," as I worded it), shithead status is kind of irrelevant. he's got a roof over his head much more comfortably and with much less daily effort than most of us.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's illegal to make fun of people with some semblance of success in life on this comedy forum

it is not illegal, it is simply a little dumb to specifically say someone's life sucks when i would straight up give a nut to have that fucker's life (gay cuck status nonwithstanding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
has anyone ever gotten a refund from steam

i bought mortal kombat x and this game is straight up loving unplayable jesus christ

• Locked thread