Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Accordion Man posted:

There's probably someone that did this and its going to be hilarious when they all get pulled.

You're a little more optimistic than I am, unless you mean "pulled to be replaced with a list of mods that are DMCA compliant" which I can see.

e: I no longer see where the delete post button/ticker is, because this conversation is bad enough in the appropriate thread. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

poo poo got real cheerful in here all of a sudden

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Adam Bowen posted:

Pink dogs are 34% more likely to have their taints reaped than other dogs

I laughed at a fiwer post. gently caress.

You win this round, Trebek.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Great Joe posted:

needs a major trigger warning, shitlord t:mad:

Talking about shitlords? So you got a problem with me, then? gently caress yourself!

-__-;

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 27, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

At least it was well timed, for myself in particular. I really enjoyed the mechanics and Nemesis system... but by that point I didn't know how much further they could stretch it. At least, without adding more mechanics. I still haven't revisited the DLC, is it worthwhile?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Get back, get back, you don't know me like that -- Ludacris, 2004

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Pierson posted:

Are there any ARPGs that have some kind of endless mode where you can just play forever

Path of Exile seems like its up your alley if you can see past the diablo 2 clone to the complex systems underneath. I think those systems didnt quite hit perfect, but its essentially an endless ARPG in the D2 vein.

Also, Torchlight 2 had stuff where you could run randomized dungeons and get maps to new ones. I liked it enough to beat it, but didnt really get into those before moving on.

They're not the same type of constant level scaling of mobs, but the content does continue to scale.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 27, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

sounds good to me

turtles on a half-shell... turtle power!

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I'm in the same camp, I havent gotten hands-on on d3 and wasn't sure - so I never pulled the trigger. Does that poo poo even go on sale, barring key resllers? Do any of them routinely have good deals? Does Blizzard have a hardon for those keys?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

If only we could find the kind of people who - lack of understanding of what people would be going through, or that person's lack of perspective in the moment - would go to these lengths... and goad them into killing themselves.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

You'll do a lot of things that don't make any loving sense when you're in a mental health crisis.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Stux please turn off whatever it is you use to post on these forums

Fixed this for you.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

So does anyone know if the new State of Decay re-release is any good? It's got the DLC, HD remaster, and I guess they worked on all the mechanics and say there was a focus on the combat mechanics. I enjoyed this game but there were major mechanics (combat in particular) that were very lacking.

Is there still going to be an MMO? That might actually be fun, despite hitting zombie burnout years ago.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

That's basically my entire gaming career since 2003. Sub in whatever game you like.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Adam Bowen posted:

lol at the number of babies who are whining about Broken Age because it contains gameplay.

I dunno, I watched the GB Quicklook and wasn't really impressed with the setting. I also heard it was mediocre to bad. Is this not true? If I'm missing out, let me know.

e: Still noone to weigh in on the State of Decay Year One? gently caress it, I'll take the plunge. Trip report at some point.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Devil May Cry 3 has mods? I dunno if anyone knows about this, but there are some pretty bitchin mods that caused me to reinstall it. Hint: Downsample from 4k. Some textures look old, others scale much better.

Style Switcher
- binds the dpad to switching you between trickster, etc. Also adds a lot of features, noticably removing the fog and stuff like that. Lots of options, fairly varied. You can change certain moves to be cancellable and things like that. There's an xinput fix so that modern controllers work flawlessly without joy2key now. Full analogue. By default you start with all moves and styles, but not items... think that's toggleable. I'm cool with it.

Mod Forum, mostly skins
- Forum layout is difficult, and many not worth downloading, but depending on your taste there are HQ retextures and a UI (though it's not the prettiest, hopefully someone replaces it). Model replacements, largely from the later parts of the series.

I don't know whether this is of interest to anyone anymore but I'm quite excited. I haven't played it properly since my PS2 broke and it's still a drat good game. It looks much better than I expected, downsampled and with the fog removed and lighting/gamma fixed. e: Oh, yeah, you can change the battle music now. Yeah.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 29, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

True games confession: When I base how much I respect a person, or think they're cool...

Their skill at videogames doesn't factor in. Summarily, I also have very much less draw to be very good at any given game. I just use them pass the time.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 30, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

SA is not a place for people whom are liked by anyone. That's why I fit in so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

From what I remember, it's basically a lackluster expansion sold standalone.

I'd just try replaying the first again. I wonder if there are mods. Graphics mods would be amazing.

• Locked thread