Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tom Gorman posted:

anyone have any tips for this part?

problem i'm running into is that if you stand on the floating platform for too long it falls, and you lose a life. i've tried IMMEDIATELY jumping on to the column but getting the timing down is impossible for any normal human.

This game somehow got installed on my old PC back in the day. I suspect some kind of prank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Weren't there tons of issues, though? Like wasn't the Goldeneye HD version that came to XBOX specifically different in its core gameplay because Nintendo refused to let Rare use the same engine?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

As long as Totalbiscuit is mad about this, it's a good thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Stux posted:

kill all nerds

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Lurdiak is the coolest poster in Games! I wish I were him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

E:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I generally enjoy Nintendo's products but it's amazing how they've been a business this long and still can't manage basic things like supply and demand.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

that's not what happened. The gamers.txt thread had devolved into nothing but passive-aggressive tumbltards posting completely reasonable things that white men said and getting angry about it. I was the hero gamers.txt deserved.

Dude you posted that giant rant that game dev's bitter ex posted on the forums after the mods deleted the thread and insisted everyone take notice and discuss this very serious issue of abuse and corruption. You're the worst.

Excels posted:

i don't know where he posted prior to his arrival in the gamers.txt thread, but he provoked people into arguing about social justice and feminism instead of "funny poo poo gamers say" and derailed every consecutive thread until the mods just deep-six'd it. although to be fair, he was laying really dumb, easy bait and getting a ton of bites. if people had just ignored him, things might have been different

As usual with these sorts of threads, once he got the ball rolling, people crawled out of their FYAD holes to join in on the bad posting, making it really difficult to ignore.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really wish I knew what I'm doing that makes youtube think I want to watch Sargon of Akkad videos.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

but Mario is anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XeaBGmD54I

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I want to make a Twilight Zone video game.

You have RPG maker, you can do it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Wow, that's actually going to start being a Thing in video games now, isn't it?

Particularly in series with voice actors who do TV voice work or in series that employ celebrities, casting is going to determine whether they can bring characters back sometimes. Obviously not like Charles Martinet, which is sort of a Mel Blanc situation, and anyway, he'll do it forever and he has a lot of life left in him.

It happened in Assassin's Creed when they couldn't get Lab Lady Who's Suddenly Tanktop and Lipstick Lady's voice actress back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't find my copy of Luigi Sleeps a Lot RPG.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hear your mom likes Italian men, maybe she can tell you where Luigi sleeps.

Mama mia, that's a spicy meat-a-ball.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish I had a lil' metroid next to my name too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

How can they possibly top 2, where the last boss is Jesus who then turns into a monster with a hydra penis.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

"Bleh, western religion is literally eating the souls of Japanese people, this is what Jesus looks like irl!" - an uncensored Super Nintendo game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What about the mega mans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

According to the retro column in the last Nintendo Power I bothered to read, the game tie-in for the movie Willow is actually really good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The first final fantasy is pretty short and easy for a JRPG, I didn't mind it back in the day. I've never had any particular compulsion to replay it, but it's fine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Running With Scissors has a Tumblr, further highlighting the absurdity of Goons' continued war against one of the biggest and most varied sites in existence.

Who what?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We're at war? And something to do with postal?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That terrible Gamecube/PS2 Rampage game was awful but it had a perfect emulation of the arcade version of World Tour.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If a game makes the FGC mad it's probably good and fun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEkirtxb8M

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Even I, a person posting on an internet message board on a Saturday night, am not gonna sit through a 10 minute youtube sight-unseen. Sorry.

Your loss.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Retro City Rampage rules in every way imaginable.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

My biggest concern is that Retro City Rampage will rely on me finding 8-bit graphics and references super wacky; is the actual gameplay good?

Yes. It's really fun and has a lot of varied mini games and powerups to change up the basics of the top down GTA-like.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's a stick. Say you chased 'em with a stick.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

At one point you gotta repossess some vehicles for a loan shark, and you steal a bicycle from a guy who looks an awful lot like Pee Wee Herman. He goes "Oh no! I just waxed it!" and that made me laugh pretty hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm starting to think all those years spent not playing games with anime babes were wasted.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't understand why they realised a dedicated block button was dumb in Injustice and then decided it was actually really good and put it back in.

It's not dumb it owns. It wouldn't be MK without it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Paul Blart's already in mortal kombat, his name is bo' rai cho

I dunno, classic Stryker is pretty much Paul Blart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9Vo4pdWJo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

I guess it's like how you can't make an anti-war movie about war?

You can, it's just Hollywood that can't. That creepy hero worship of the soldiers always seeps into the final product for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

and if you think Hollywood movies are bad you should read the Greek Classics or watch Samurai films.

7 Samurai is a great example of a war movie that makes war look incredibly lovely and doesn't make the "heroes" look that heroic, despite having totally lovely villains you have no sympathy for.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

There are a few reasons but they all basically boil down to "most of the people making Hollywood films were raised and educated in the US".

Yeah. I don't think they realize how bonkers their attitude towards the military seems to foreigners.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

hubris.height posted:

please, a moment of silence for silent hills.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's so hosed up. She was just a kid.

Excels posted:

apparently she went on 4chan and said she'd been thinking of killing herself and shitposters goaded her to do it, and then she did

Gotta get that shitposter cred up at any cost.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I played like 2 hours of Just Cause 2 and I have no idea how anyone could complete that game. The things you can do get really old really fast and there's so much of it to do. It felt like running around in a bad MMO attacking random enemies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Excels posted:

adam bowen is posting way too much in this thread now. it was better when he just popped up to post some blanket statement about how ignorant he was.

He keeps agreeing with me and it's damaing my self-esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope videogames destroy both feminists and MRAS together so we can just have regular old sexism back.

It never went away.

• Locked thread