Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is the surprise anime bonus cake? I hope it's cake

e: oh poo poo :snypa: the anime is me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

You can tell the difference because Nintendo is good

:drat:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want the yarn Yoshi amiibo real bad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wanna party w/ Matt

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

I refuse to call the Gamecube good because it was a step down from the SNES and n64 in every way possible.

what the actual gently caress dude

:frogout:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Forums Cancer isn't hidden on the Awful App

that guy should really update that app I still can't post new threads with it (probably a good thing, ha ha)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ahundredbux posted:

What good games did gamecube have this is an honest question my only GC experience was playing smash bros with my expert rear end in a top hat friend

Super Mario Sunshine
SSX IT'S TRICKY TO ROCK TO ROCK AROUND AROUND ALL RIGHT ON TIME ALL RIGHT IT'S TRICKY!
Tales of Anime Stuff
Super Monkey Ball
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime (aka the best Metroid game ever)
Luigi's Mansion
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (HP Lovecraft and playing as people all through time owned)

probably a lot more I'm forgetting

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ahundredbux posted:

See what I mean no guns , no wonder playstation won

metroid has guns you doofus

e: VVVVV :agreed: SMS is still fun to me to this day and at the time the draw distance was :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forgot Cubivore but I totally played the poo poo out of that weird rear end game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

dat one portagee posted:

Games are......... Good?

and cool

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ahahaha Pillars of Eternity is getting a ton of free publicity because of dumb people on Twitter.

It is also better than I expected, is good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mortal Kombat X comes out in 10 days and I'm sure it has plenty of offensive content to keep twitter running once everyone realizes how weirdly dumb it is to have this big of a reaction from such a weak and inoffensive limerick literally 99.9% of everyone who owns that game would have never seen unless someone pointed at it and screamed a lot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ahundredbux posted:

Roses are red a violet bead.

Play video games while smoking mad weed.

:agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think you meant to post this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Eonwe posted:

i have a 1 day probation queued up, please post in my stead, all

...did a mod PM you to let you know you were going to be probated beforehand?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

There was a vote for a new forums rule for a week. GBS chose to ban anime because they were sick of a group of posters shoving anime gifs into every thread they went in. People preferred anime free GBS so much the rule was made permanent. The end.

Maybe it's because I don't read GBS 4 or whatever iteration of the Matrix this is but this is loving hilarious for some reason

e: if I posted in new GBS would my avatar get me immediately probated

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ask not for whom the taint reaps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kevin Hart stars in the remake: "T'aint Misbehaving"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why am I so bad at Oli Oli 2

e: I have $6 in my Steam wallet, what should I buy? looking specifically for anime

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Have a magical morning, shitlords! I have to go to the DMV. :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The DMV is not nearly as fun as Papers, Please but was remarkably similar

First try: "I've got everything here, just need my new license"
"Did you bring your birth certificate?"

Second try: "OK, I've got everything here, plus my birth certificate"
"Did she give you a form before? No? You have to fill out this form and then we'll call your number"

[wait for 20 minutes while people who walked in and just got in line get called ahead of me]

Third try: "OK, I've got everything here, plus my birth certificate, PLUS THIS FORM, ARE WE DONE YET"
"Let me take your picture..."
[someone walks in front of the camera as it clicks]
"Let's try that again"
[click]
"Hmm, it's blurry, take off your glasses and let's do it again"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Be careful when ye fight dragons lest ye a dragon become"

- Nietzsche

"Nietzsche masturbated too much"

- pope RAW

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Spider Covets posted:

its definitely the worst chat thread out of the ones weve had so far

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
statistically speaking I probably haven't even played enough video games in my entire life to constitute a proper sample size so I can't really comment with any authority

:shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

Like a VHS but you can push buttons to control the movie.

:stare: :fh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

Being mario and jumping on things and collecting powerups is actually really fun to me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

The honest problem with these chat threads is that stux, adam bowen and t-reaper post so much and continue to argue about how anime things are, how bad/good anime is, and feminism in games, instead of good topics like how many bananas Donkey Kong can eat, cool catches on steam, or what jokes we should be begin preparing for this june's E3.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what to buy with the $6 in my Steam wallet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

Hexcells and Hexcells plus, then save up $5 for Infinite

This looks like extremely my poo poo, awesome

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

is pit or link the better archer?

laura croft

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nilbop posted:

Would you believe I just found it?

Edit: With the video even, for anyone who's curious!

Holy crap I need this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how many threads do you guys read, people always say Games is an awful forum but I think most of the bad posting is in threads I do not and will never read because I rarely see anything particularly terrible but I only read like maybe four threads at a time (whatever I'm playing at the moment mostly)

currently playing: Hexcells, Pillars of Eternity, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Tower of Guns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

i post sometimes in imp zone, here in this chat thread, in a few other games threads, in TV/IV for shows that I watch, a handful of D&D threads that are mostly about schadenfreude and not actual debate, and sometimes in GBS. I don't think anyone in FYAD would recognize me anymore.

I hadn't looked at GBS in like a year, looked at it the other day, closed the tab within ten seconds. imagine I posted that smilie of the guy opening the door and then slowly backing out again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Golden Goat posted:

If you're offended by this then just report and move on. What weirdo decides to get all uppity over this stuff?

Fixed.

Start probating people who feed trolls rather than the trolls themselves, because the people who fall for it and write walls of text are a lot more disruptive than the easy to scroll past trolling.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Eonwe posted:

i just post

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Posting is... good?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

It is possible to both post jokes and give a poo poo about things, which confuses a lot of people.

:agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had FF9 downloaded on my PS3 for 3 straight years and never got past disc 2.

Wait, I think that's also true of FF7 and FF8. I find it really hard to replay those games and am pretty amazed that people exist that have played one or all of them literally dozens of times.

I think the most number of times I have played any game all the way through is Super Mario Bros. 3. In fact I'm sure it has to be because nothing else even comes close to the number of times I played that game back when I was a kid.

To be fair I've played through FF4 about five or six times and played the first half or 3/4 of it another half dozen times, probably

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Problem Sleuth posted:

I have never played a final fantasy game, how should I rectify this

You should watch Rectify before you play any more video games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Uhhh play Final Fantasy 4-7 immediately if you like japanese rpgs and don't play them if you don't!!!

If you do this play them in this order: 7, 4, 5, 6

if you do that, they will keep getting better as you play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

when and if you get to 5, if you are a completionist, play it with a guide. It's a great game for scratching that itch for continuously leveling up in weird ways if you have it, but it's extremely easy to miss things, particularly blue magic.

I feel like the whole implementation of blue magic is Square's way of telling nerds to stop being completionists

I did not ever use blue magic in any Final Fantasy game. It's 100% optional. This is a good thing to know

• Locked thread