Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

bloodychill posted:

Best MGS cast was original MGS complete with vaguely racist Mei Ling for the James Bond appeal. poo poo was silly but fun.

I love how slapdash that entire setup was, most of the voice actors performed under pseudonyms because it was non-union gig and they were recording in somebody's apartment so when it came time for The Twin Snakes the original recordings were unusable because you could hear cars passing by in the background of the recordings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bicyclops posted:

Yes, but they're starting to employ celebrities, and people are going to start noticing when they do that.

Solution is obviously to just have Steve Blum voice everyone forever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sleeveless posted:

I love how slapdash that entire setup was, most of the voice actors performed under pseudonyms because it was non-union gig and they were recording in somebody's apartment so when it came time for The Twin Snakes the original recordings were unusable because you could hear cars passing by in the background of the recordings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHx5Y5HjwHA

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Ah, The Order 1886, you win the award for most prettiest terrible game. Beat Bloodborne last weekend, now I need to get the true ending. Is a blood build viable? Should I bother playing through Scholar of the First Sin?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Ocelot's castellano accent makes me giggle.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I hate the fact that only a couple of first party games in the last gen were dubbed in Latin America. We deserve unaccented games, dammit!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Good lord why are NES game prices going even higher? I only have around 30 NES game carts a very small number, but anything else I would be interested in seems to cost more than brand new games. To put it in perspective they cost more than Wii versions of the same series.

I guess I'll have to beat the two NES Zelda games with the Gamecube Anthology instead of getting the separate carts.

Granted the NES has a ton of real lovely games and games that have not aged well. I think people are buying them for the iconic status at this point. But there's a few things I have not yet acquired that were games that I rented from way back when that I was never able to buy when the system was somewhat current.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 8, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Redchaostry posted:

Beat Bloodborne last weekend, now I need to get the true ending. Is a blood build viable?

Yeah, 25-50 Bloodtinge builds are viable. The only trick weapon which actually scales on its melee attacks with Bloodtinge is the katana in its trick form so you'll want to do some Str or Ski too so you're not just a worthless dick until you get that and the good guns. Basically you have a choice between taking Strength to at least 30 and being able to use the cannon, or taking Skill to 25+ to make you better with the non-trick form of the katana and the melee part of the rifle spear and gunrapier (both of which have Bloodtinge scaling on their gunshot attacks and Skill on everything else).

The guns you're interested in are the pistol line (Pistol, Repeater, and Evelyn) which do non-poo poo damage when upgraded if you have Bloodtinge unlike the shotgun style weapons; the Pistol is fine early, the Repeater is better but takes 2 bullets per shot, and once you have high Bloodtinge the Evelyn will be the best damage/bullet ratio in the game. If you do 30 Str you also want to upgrade the cannon, which costs 10 bullets per shot, but does a loving ridiculous amount of damage if you use a Bone Marrow Ash before you shoot stuff and even more if you have high Bloodtinge.

Best of luck game cowboy

Baku fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 8, 2015

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

Good lord why are NES game prices going even higher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bo_u_YmW8

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Eonwe: Let's aggressively purge everything political from our discussion space.

Narrator: But he did not know that all things are political, because of paradigms or something, probably.

Eonwe: W-what the--? *fades into nonexistence*

Narrator: There is no escaping politics. Dialectics. Dianetics. Die. Die. Die.

*Twilight Zone Theme*

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

they're making a five nights at freddys hollywood movie

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how many threads do you guys read, people always say Games is an awful forum but I think most of the bad posting is in threads I do not and will never read because I rarely see anything particularly terrible but I only read like maybe four threads at a time (whatever I'm playing at the moment mostly)

currently playing: Hexcells, Pillars of Eternity, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Tower of Guns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

how many threads do you guys read, people always say Games is an awful forum but I think most of the bad posting is in threads I do not and will never read because I rarely see anything particularly terrible but I only read like maybe four threads at a time (whatever I'm playing at the moment mostly)

currently playing: Hexcells, Pillars of Eternity, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Tower of Guns
This, the Human Revolution thread, the Smash thread.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

i once read the farcry3 thread and it full of idiots talking about "boo hoo your white and save the natives" retardation. i dont give a poo poo about that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Pillars of Eternity thread is a good example of a thread where people eat a probie for jokes and it's extremely bad to use immature + triggering words like "stupid".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I only read the Imp Zone Smash thread

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Zelda thread in games seems fine, though. It has an occasional really goony thing and every now and then there are pages of people ranting about how much they hate TP or SS, but whatever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I opened the ZElda thread once and they were talking about discrepancies in the canonical Zelda timeline

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't recall anyone doing that except very briefly or as a joke. It's bound to come up because Nintendo has been pretty big about it since Windwaker, but except on like offsite Zelda wikis, it's not nearly as commonly discussed or annoying as people make it out to be.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I opened the ZElda thread once and they were talking about discrepancies in the canonical Zelda timeline

The Zeldapedia has a disclaimer on their Hyrule Historia page stating that the "official" timeline is unreliable because it doesn't line up with their meticulously researched chronology

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

well if youre really curious i read this thread and the main thread for whatever game im currently into, although i dont read all the posts because yall talk so loving much. i dick around in mmo hmo because i'm a huge retard who likes mmos. then i just kinda wander around in imp zone.

i read/post in forums outside of games too, sometimes i appear in CineD to see what scary movies are getting talked about, or FYAD to get viciously owned, or gbs to make this face: :whitewater:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

well if youre really curious i read this thread and the main thread for whatever game im currently into, although i dont read all the posts because yall talk so loving much. i dick around in mmo hmo because i'm a huge retard who likes mmos. then i just kinda wander around in imp zone.

i read/post in forums outside of games too, sometimes i appear in CineD to see what scary movies are getting talked about, or FYAD to get viciously owned, or gbs to make this face: :whitewater:

same but i dont really post in fyad because im not good at coming up with owns

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i read every thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

It's good to post everywhere, always.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

every thread in Games has the same handful of people posting in it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

that is a good face

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's good to post everywhere, always.

variety is the spice of life, and gives better EXP than just grinding one thread

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't actually know what I do on SA because I don't post on any of the forums about things I'm interested in. Like, I read and write a lot, but forums just don't seem like "the place" to talk about those things, so I just wander around in GBS, shitpost everywhere I see and wish I was funny enough to post in FYAD.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I opened the ZElda thread once

yeesh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

every thread in Games has the same handful of people posting in it
Something Awful only has 17 posters left, and I'm four of them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i post sometimes in imp zone, here in this chat thread, in a few other games threads, in TV/IV for shows that I watch, a handful of D&D threads that are mostly about schadenfreude and not actual debate, and sometimes in GBS. I don't think anyone in FYAD would recognize me anymore.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Something Awful only has 17 posters left, and I'm four of them.

For example, I posted this on my other account.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Pillars of Eternity thread is a good example of a thread where people eat a probie for jokes and it's extremely bad to use immature + triggering words like "stupid".

I'm too scared to go into that thread for those exact reasons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Pillars of Eternity thread is a good example of a thread where people eat a probie for jokes

wait what

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I'm too scared to go into that thread for those exact reasons.
Black Baby Goku got probied again for upsetting this person with his jokes on a comedy forum :

Mandy Thompson posted:

You don't sound like a particularly nice person. Perhaps after you have graduated from junior high school you'll learn about the importance of respect.

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hmm, seems like pretty serious "who cares?" territory to me, especially since BBG trolls pretty consistently and probably expects to eat the occasional probie.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

any place that gets on their high horse over the term "human being" is a place you shouldn't bother posting

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
tbf I maintain my stance that it's pretty funny when a person is like "you shouldn't say friend of the family" and probates someone for saying friend of the family, because usually the friend of the family guys get mad too, or go on (or want to go on) big rants about sensitivity and how it's Indicative of Culture and all this other funny stuff

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

i post sometimes in imp zone, here in this chat thread, in a few other games threads, in TV/IV for shows that I watch, a handful of D&D threads that are mostly about schadenfreude and not actual debate, and sometimes in GBS. I don't think anyone in FYAD would recognize me anymore.

I hadn't looked at GBS in like a year, looked at it the other day, closed the tab within ten seconds. imagine I posted that smilie of the guy opening the door and then slowly backing out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Hmm, seems like pretty serious "who cares?" territory to me, especially since BBG trolls pretty consistently and probably expects to eat the occasional probie.
BBG is a canary in the Games mines, voluntarily sticking his neck out for the Probing to warn us about bad threads.

• Locked thread