Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormyish

Vendor Trash posted:

you're a treasure

the name even fits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

joke_explainer posted:

ooh, that's another gimmick, The Guy That Emptyquotes Everything. Just emptyquote. It's a kind of variation of the circlejerk one.
dont steal my gimmick

Tebulot

im hip now bois

City of Glompton posted:

so you wanna be a Yob superstar and post large?
a gold thread, five stars, a pleasure barge
makin’ fun of the world, don't hate nobody
don’t even gotta check the post counts constantly
I remember the days when I was a newb just goonin' up
lookin' in the gibbis, dreamin' about blowin' it up
the lurker crowds, make funny, chill with the homies
sign autographs with probies the people request from me
tts funny how goldmined threads manifest
and the namedrops that be comin' with it
nevertheless, you got to go for the emptyquotes
but you don't know about the dabs, weed
and beers and losin' some of your cheer
and losin' some of yourself to the memes past, gone by
hopefully it don't manifest for a creepy guy
whitenoise and the unfunny don't know how to riff
just gas the thread
Garbage Dick sign the deal
think he's gonna make the front page but never will
'til he hands over a lot of 10 bux bills
fillin' your head with novelties, come with me
show the lulz it takes to make the 5's

:golfclap: amazing

joke_explainer posted:

Risky proposition for the re-use of popular cats, but people love animals here. Maybe you could be try To Thy Own Pet Be Obsessed, a gimmick where you constantly post about your own animals and post pictures of them.

I do have budgies

joke_explainer

The Stark Reminder gimmick brings everyone down with grim, realistic retellings of the worst both the forums and humanity at large has to offer.

Total Overchill is so chill, he barely can support life. He doesn't eat or drink anything. He's just lucky his laptop was open and plugged in before he started posting near him. He wouldn't even bother to plug it back in if it got disconnected, and just slowly withers away with a half-smile on his face and sunglasses on his eyes. Mostly replies with emptyquotes, 'thats chill' and 'lol'. No original content created

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Can you draw?

BIG BIC SQUAD

bog pixie posted:

the greatest troll is to be yourself

joke_explainer

Oh, man, there's a whole bintl of art-based gimmicks.

The Enigmatic Painter
The Gifman
The Giffy Quicker
The Art Operator (give them an Art Mission; The order me around threads)
The Finisher
The Actually Talented

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I suggest the harold and maude gimmick

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
joke_explainer

bog pixie posted:

the greatest troll is to bee yourself

(GIMMICK DEMO)

kode54

aka kuroshi
Draw us like your french women. Or cats, if you prefer.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

joke_explainer posted:

(GIMMICK DEMO)

10/10 I like it

joke_explainer

We have an example of The Joke Is In the Title / Rhyme Or Sounds Like Variant

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710811

With weed modifier (dank). Not bad at all. This copies the 'my darkest shame'

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
Always post images that are way larger than the page. It'll make you stand out and people will like you.

joke_explainer

nonazis posted:

Always post images that are way larger than the page. It'll make you stand out and people will like you.

The Tablebreaker. Good advice.

Wertjoe

Never use the letter 'e' when you post.

Ace of Baes
whats my gimmick

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
Look I'm different.

Mom with a blog

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

joke_explainer posted:

quantum leap gimmick is cool and unused

being a retarded manchild is actually a really common gimmick

----------------

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I honestly feel that this is the way of the future.

Stormyish

you forgot Seldom Post, Lurk The Most

dogcrash truther

this is a good look

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Try posting as a poorly imagined italian stereotype. Mama mia!

----------------

joke_explainer

POWERBALL posted:

Try posting as a poorly imagined italian stereotype. Mama mia!

The divisory Pointless Randomly Chosen Racism gimmick hasn't had much success here. If you do this one, make sure you heavily invest in ironic mod tokens if you want to stay competitive in the meta.

polishthunder84

You feel it too, don't you?

Stormyish posted:

you forgot Seldom Post, Lurk The Most

omg that's me

Mom with a blog

BIG BIC SQUAD

This is a good gimmick. You should test it out outside of this thread and see how others respond to it.

Mom with a blog

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

This is a good gimmick. You should test it out outside of this thread and see how others respond to it.

joke_explainer

The Backseat Modder constantly calls out bans, or 'mods?' or what have you. Can be modified with Ironic.
The Most Pitiful Class Of Political Theorist tries to model and understand SA dynamics and power shifts, often hinting at secret knowledge of what's to come from 'behind the scenes' to seem more connected. Can be a mysterious figure, but at the end of the day no one wants to be this guy.
Forums Judas encourages users to post their ideas no matter how bad, but only to inflict incredible owns on them. Enjoy your silver, Forums Judas...
The Skyrimnomicon only answers posts in flavor text from RPG books. Magic cards are ok too.
The Undateable laments his romance trouble in every post. We already have plenty of this guy in the rest of SA, let's steer clear of that one.
The Recycler either reuses old thread material to make new threads and pretends he just half-remembered it and thought he made it up, or he's really into rehashing old bicycling arguments.

Man, if only they put these things in alphabetical order or something. Just all over the place.

Mash that's actually a pretty good gimmick. Which is kind of embarrassing, as I didn't intend any actual gimmicks to come out of this, but it's cool anyway

bwatts

if this thread doesn't win the contest after security drone's efforts i will personally harrass posters who i feel have wronged the thread.

BIG BIC SQUAD

vice.com op-ed posted:

if this thread doesn't win the contest after security drone's efforts i will personally harrass posters who i feel have wronged the thread.

Can you do me a solid and not probate Ivy for a little while, he's going through byob withdrawal and being mean to me irl

bwatts

maybe he's being mean to you because he doesn't care about you or anybody else in the world. he has no feelings and it terrifies me. i am the warden of this forum until the end of april and i will not waver in my duty

Piso Mojado

lol

cuntman.net

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

Can you do me a solid and not probate Ivy for a little while, he's going through byob withdrawal and being mean to me irl

lol

BIG BIC SQUAD

vice.com op-ed posted:

maybe he's being mean to you because he doesn't care about you or anybody else in the world. he has no feelings and it terrifies me. i am the warden of this forum until the end of april and i will not waver in my duty

Pleas e Bwatts I am afraid

Bwee

vice.com op-ed posted:

Holy lol I didn't read this thread until now and his posts are amazing

bwatts

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

Pleas e Bwatts I am afraid

IF HE DOES THINGS TO YOU DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL THE POLICE.

bacalou

Miss Psychosis

vice.com op-ed posted:

IF HE DOES THINGS TO YOU DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL THE POLICE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

• Locked thread