Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannedMeat
Apr 29, 2009
What do you do after, having been a peaceful non-believer all your life; you have a crazy religious experience? You read Bibles and form new beliefs of course, I came up with these ones:

I believe the most likely explanation for the scriptures of Abrahamic religion is that they were created by the interaction between normal human beings and a super-intelligent benevolent being who exists in a possible future that we are not predestined to reach. I call this super-intelligent being God.
I believe God adopted Jesus of Nazareth as His Son using math, instead of calling for more children or doing the nasty with Jesus’ mom like God’s often stereotyped as doing.
I believe that God comes into existence through a process called Messiah, and that in any possible future where God exists for certain, I will be regarded as being 33.4% of the Messiah (the other 66.6% being Jesus and his Father).

So, I wrote a book all about how I found my crazy new beliefs, including mathematical proof-from-scripture to support my claim, and practical instructions for world peace, since the politicians all seem to be corrupt and/or retarded. I would like some goons to read it and ask me questions, and eventually dispense your fiery Internet justice upon me in whatever way you see fit, and judge whether the most likely possibility is that I am indeed 33.4% of the Messiah.

Since I believe God doesn’t exist yet, does that mean I’m an atheist messiah or a theist messiah?

Frequently Asked Questions:
Someone else should probably do the FAQ once you’ve determined this isn’t some weird scam. Whenever I ask someone if they have any questions, they tell me I seem sane, and then tell me whatever dumb poo poo it is that they believe, so I haven’t had many questions so far.

Where do I get the book?
I put it on Amazon - US UK CA AU or alternatively Smashwords, so it should be available for all e-readers.

What’s the book about? Can you copy and paste the marketing blurb from the Kindle store?
This book will make you laugh at least twice, and make you think at least once.

You will meet God, who encoded mathematical puzzles and jokes about 21st century Creationists into the Bible. And you might just like Him. You will see a world devoid of God or His justice. And you may feel uncomfortable. You will see Abrahamic religious beliefs get a close shave with Occam’s razor and psychiatric religious beliefs get eviscerated with God’s Word.

And you may even think: what if Abrahamic religion is a time travel story about a God who doesn't exist yet? A God whose existence is possible, yet all but impossible without a major change in the way we think about God and consciousness.

This is some sort of joke, right?
Nope.

Do you have magic powers? Do I get magic powers if I read your book?
No.

Are you nuts?
Anyone who believes God already exists suffers from God Delusion. Anyone who believes God isn’t possible has Dawkins Delusion. All other mental illness diagnoses are suspect. I cover my history of crazy in the book. I’m keen to get feedback from people who have been diagnosed though.

I poo poo out stuff that is better formatted than your book, do you want to see a picture of my shits?
Let me know any errors you see or any e-book tips you have, since I’m completely new to it.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if I found a picture of you on social media and posted it here asking if it’s you?
Please don’t.

Do I have to do stuff or believe stuff?
I do not care if you believe in me or God or Jesus or the generally accepted model of mammalian reproductive theory, all I require is a majority of people to accept my dictionary definition update of the word ‘Satan’ so we can stick that fiendish fraud where the sun don’t shine, and cure ourselves of psychiatry and people who think God delegates authority.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

CannedMeat posted:

I would like some goons to read it and ask me questions, and eventually dispense your fiery Internet justice upon me in whatever way you see fit, and judge whether the most likely possibility is that I am indeed 33.4% of the Messiah.

Verdict: Guilty
Offense: Claptrap
Sentence: :gas:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Nice plug

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I don't want to buy your book.

and I didn't read your post.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
you're either a verbose scammer or batshit insane so have fun i guess

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it really time for another monthly tryhard atheist thread again?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
lol are you seriously trying to sell a book? you know you can make more money writing erotica ebooks right

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I already paid my :10bux: to read insane bullshit - I don't think I need it in ebook form, the forums do just fine.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
this thread is too avant-garde for me.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

CannedMeat posted:

cure ourselves of psychiatry

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Ground floor :allears:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh my, let me go ahead and tuck into this.

e: it costs money? Get crushed by a bus

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
so is there any way to ~debate and discuss~ your idiocy without paying you ten completely unmerited dollars? the OP of this thread is so pompous and bad i almost want to take up religion. copy+paste your shite screed into pastebin and prove to me this is the wrong decision

CannedMeat
Apr 29, 2009
Such cynicism. I never would have expected to find it here of all places.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Jagchosis posted:

lol are you seriously trying to sell a book? you know you can make more money writing erotica ebooks right

Make an erotica eBook about the search for a mathematical proof of God's existence.

CannedMeat
Apr 29, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

so is there any way to ~debate and discuss~ your idiocy without paying you ten completely unmerited dollars? the OP of this thread is so pompous and bad i almost want to take up religion. copy+paste your shite screed into pastebin and prove to me this is the wrong decision

Do I have to spend $10 to get private messages? I'll send you a free copy if you promise to buy it if you like it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CannedMeat posted:

Such cynicism. I never would have expected to find it here of all places.

how loving long have you been here?

CannedMeat
Apr 29, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

how loving long have you been here?

I'm pretty new, is there some sort of sarcasm font I was supposed to use so you'd see it?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So basically I create God with Math.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CannedMeat posted:

I'm pretty new, is there some sort of sarcasm font I was supposed to use so you'd see it?

I see. Well in any case I can't imagine anyone expecting it to go any other way.

CannedMeat
Apr 29, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I see. Well in any case I can't imagine anyone expecting it to go any other way.

You never know, there might be one or two people around who think the world's so screwed up that we're going to have to create God just to un-gently caress things.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Yessss, my beautiful Kyoon eggs...hatch to the sound of my sexy sax playing...

:sax:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Skeesix posted:

Make an erotica eBook about the search for a mathematical proof of God's existence.

Adding a bed, subtracting clothes, dividing legs and multiplying = "(Oh) God!"

Quod erat demonstrandum, bitches :smug:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Skeesix posted:

This, but only if it includes a steamy sex scene between CannedMeat and the ghost of Henri Poincaré.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I gonna torrent your book from priatebay and then I'm not even going to read it.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Here's a tip, offer your proof there's an invisible sky alien book for free on Amazon, that will help your ratings until people leave reviews.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Frank Tipler already came up with this idea, OP.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Tell us more about your religious experience so we can judge you like your made up future math god.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The future of posting is here. It turns out it's books?!

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I actually read most of the Kindle preview for this book based on the recommendation, Michael! Thanks so much for posting this!

I liked the part where in the prologue you say you like switching from referring to yourself from first person to third person and do so repeatedly throughout. This is now totally okay because you warned me about it and not a horrible affectation that makes your book unreadable. Then, with absolute breathlessness, you re-discover the religion of Universalism in an easy-to-understand timecube.com format with charts and everything! Wow! I sure am sorry you lost your job and wrote this book while unemployed, but maybe you would have found a job faster if you had edited your book down from 700 pages of stream-of-conscious to a more manageable 200-300?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
These threads just get worse and worse.

• Locked thread