Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Attack the Light is really good. It's basically a Paper Mario/Mario RPG clone, which of course makes it great. Pretty good depth to the combat system. It's a licensed cartoon game so maybe the kiddiness will bug you, but the game part is good.

Keep in mind that if you don't use all your attack points you can roll them over to the next round and do a bigger attack, or combo together moves that you normally couldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1QAekqX-Q&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

psylent posted:

I've been "playing" it for a few weeks, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm pretty close to the end now too with only the very Angel upgrade to purchase. Then I'll be freeeeeee.
until I find another idle game to play.

FTFY

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Siralim
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSWKIt0mw1Q

quote:

Siralim is a deep RPG with light roguelike elements that allows you to summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight in strategic battle. Fight your way through randomly generated dungeons and complete randomized quests. Find rare treasure and use it to upgrade your castle, empower your creatures, craft powerful artifacts, learn new spells, and much more.
Features:
  • Randomly generated dungeons and quests - no two dungeons are alike!
  • Capture and summon over 300 unique creatures to fight for you. Each creature has its own unique abilities which directly affect the way you play the game.
  • Cast over 100 powerful spells to turn the tide of battle.
  • Fight in challenging battles that reward thoughtful strategy rather than mindless button mashing.
  • Upgrade your castle to add new rooms, to unlock new creatures, and to entice new citizens to live in your kingdom.
  • Craft and enchant equipment to augment your creatures' power or to grant them new abilities. There are over 500 different crafting materials to collect and use.
  • Craft powerful eggs which will someday hatch into extremely powerful creatures.
  • Fight in your kingdom's battle arena for fame, fortune, and glory.
  • Infinite playability. There is no level cap, no restrictions, and the game never ends. Want to play until your character is level 937? Go for it.
  • A roguelike overworld where you can see your enemies approaching before battle begins.
  • Ever-expanding: we frequently release major content patches that give you access to new creatures, items, and other things to do.
  • Free to play until your character reaches level 15. After that, the game costs $4.99 USD to play forever. There are no cash shops, microtransactions, or anything like that all.
    Siralim is different from other monster catching RPGs in that the focus is on gameplay rather than story. The game is much more difficult and offers more room for customization thanks to its subtle roguelike elements.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My Red Samurai controller arrived, with mixed results. In Keyboard mode, it seems to work well enough in Retroarch after setting up custom controller binds, though the analog works in GTA:SA but the buttons cause randomness. In Gamepad mode I can't seem to get it to connect to my Nexus 7 at all. Maybe it was never designed with Lollipop in mind.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I mentioned this briefly in the last thread before it closed but are there any gamepads that'll mimic a mouse? I really want something nice to use with my Nexus 7 (preferably so that I can hold the whole bit together) to play Civilization 5 over Limelight.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Humble Mobile Bundle out. The games so far this round are:

Auro
Bounden
Avernum: Escape From the Pit
80 Days (beat the average)
Kingdom Rush Origins Premium (beat the average)
Riddick: The Merc Files (beat the average)

I just wanted 80 days but the average is more than its normal cost :(

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tafferling posted:

I just wanted 80 days but the average is more than its normal cost :(

Sounds like you probably shouldn't pick up this bundle, then.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

XboxPants posted:

Attack the Light is really good. It's basically a Paper Mario/Mario RPG clone, which of course makes it great. Pretty good depth to the combat system. It's a licensed cartoon game so maybe the kiddiness will bug you, but the game part is good.

Keep in mind that if you don't use all your attack points you can roll them over to the next round and do a bigger attack, or combo together moves that you normally couldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1QAekqX-Q&t=47s

Why couldn't they have made this an Adventure Time game instead of giving them a card battle and a ski free clone?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Steven Universe is a really good show that started out good and has gotten exponentially better.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

XboxPants posted:

Attack the Light is really good. It's basically a Paper Mario/Mario RPG clone, which of course makes it great.

Oh. No wonder my much younger brother is obsessed with this. It's like they specifically targeted someone whose obsessed with both Paper Mario and Steven Universe.

Also, holy gently caress. This part of Idle Oil Tycoon I'm at where you're just grinding KYYY to buy one level at a time when you're so used to 100 or at least 10 at a time, plus you only have the one technology left to get but it's loving 100 myyy is kicking my balls. I can't remember it ever been this slow to retire at 5x exp.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 8, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

TraderStav posted:

I mentioned this briefly in the last thread before it closed but are there any gamepads that'll mimic a mouse? I really want something nice to use with my Nexus 7 (preferably so that I can hold the whole bit together) to play Civilization 5 over Limelight.

Can't answer your question really, but how well does Limelight work with the Nexus 7? This is the first I'm seeing of any ability to stream PC games onto my tablet to play, besides using something like Remote Desktop.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Its not bad but you need to have a good LAN connection (1 gig hardwired for the computer) and a very good wireless connection (5 GHZ) with minimal interference for it to be really good.

I have Limelight on Fire TV going from my hardwired desktop and it is pretty sweet. Wish there was a Steam in home streaming app for android though

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I really want to like One Finger Death Punch. I do like it but boy is it hungry for IAPs.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Adventures of Poco Eco, a Monument Valley-esque puzzler which has gotten some good reviews on iOS, is now out for Android.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So I read that the Android version of Final Fantasy 6 has (or hopefully only had at launch) always-on DRM that would prohibit you from playing the game if you didn't have a data connection (like, on a plane). Does anyone know if this is still the case or if it was patched out?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Drone posted:

So I read that the Android version of Final Fantasy 6 has (or hopefully only had at launch) always-on DRM that would prohibit you from playing the game if you didn't have a data connection (like, on a plane). Does anyone know if this is still the case or if it was patched out?

Works fine for me after turning off data and wifi. I picked it up off of Amazon's Spring sale though, don't know of its any different than grabbing it off of the Play store.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Drone posted:

Can't answer your question really, but how well does Limelight work with the Nexus 7? This is the first I'm seeing of any ability to stream PC games onto my tablet to play, besides using something like Remote Desktop.

Gyshall posted:

Its not bad but you need to have a good LAN connection (1 gig hardwired for the computer) and a very good wireless connection (5 GHZ) with minimal interference for it to be really good.

I have Limelight on Fire TV going from my hardwired desktop and it is pretty sweet. Wish there was a Steam in home streaming app for android though

It works surprisingly well and I had a 100megabit hardwire to the PC and a crummy N router. I also played it passably well while traveling on shotty airport and hotel wifi connections with decent results. I had to deal with some pixelated graphics but by and large that's not an issue with a game like Civ. The only weirdness is that every so often I would have to manually touch the screen to re-align the mouse cursor with the remote PC cursor. I used a bluetooth mouse with my tablet so that I could keep the USB port free to charge.

My holy grail would be a piece of hardware that can hold the tablet, charge it (or allow for a cable to passthrough to do it) and have an analog stick to serve as a mouse with a few buttons as mouse buttons.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Weak Warrior is a pretty good poop-break game but is there any sort of progression or upgrade system?

Also, Survive! Mola mola! is a surprisingly addictive game of trying to keep a sunfish alive. There are ads but if you make any in-app purchase (the cheapest is 99c) they will remove the ads as a bonus.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Onean posted:

Works fine for me after turning off data and wifi. I picked it up off of Amazon's Spring sale though, don't know of its any different than grabbing it off of the Play store.
I have it from the Play store and it would not launch for me when I put the phone in airplane mode.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

delfin posted:

I really want to like One Finger Death Punch. I do like it but boy is it hungry for IAPs.

Yeah, I really like the Steam/xblig version but man the mobile version just does everything in its power to ruin it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Azathoth posted:

I have it from the Play store and it would not launch for me when I put the phone in airplane mode.

Tried it again myself in airplane mode, just in case that made a difference. Worked fine, so I assume the Amazon version, which is still on sale for half off, doesn't have the DRM.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It would seem odd to me that a Japanese developer would make a mobile game that can't be played on a train.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

cyberia posted:

Weak Warrior is a pretty good poop-break game but is there any sort of progression or upgrade system?

Also, Survive! Mola mola! is a surprisingly addictive game of trying to keep a sunfish alive. There are ads but if you make any in-app purchase (the cheapest is 99c) they will remove the ads as a bonus.

I was introduced to Mola Mola by someone saying it's like Idle Oil Tycoon but with dead fish instead of oil.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Onean posted:

Tried it again myself in airplane mode, just in case that made a difference. Worked fine, so I assume the Amazon version, which is still on sale for half off, doesn't have the DRM.

Reading the reviews on Amazon, it looks like their version hasn't yet been patched to work with Lollipop. Can anyone who has the game confirm this?

Edit: or if anyone bought it from the Play store and can check re: DRM, that works too. I'm not above paying a few more bucks for a functioning product.

Drone fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 9, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Siralim looks like it has interesting (though somewhat annoyingly old school) mechanics along with the crack that is Raise A Team Of Monsters, but it keeps crashing out with a fatal error message when I use items. Considering how many items I've been picking up, I don't think "just don't use consumables" is going to be a solid way to get around it and still enjoy the game. Haven't found anything online and I don't know the first thing about submitting bug reports.

EDIT: Oh, found their forums. Didn't notice it before, I'll poke around there.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It would seem odd to me that a Japanese developer would make a mobile game that can't be played on a train.

Why wouldn't it work on a train?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

Why wouldn't it work on a train?

Subways and inside mountains never had cell tower access in the past. That's starting to change, but not every subway line has it yet in Tokyo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, I really like the Steam/xblig version but man the mobile version just does everything in its power to ruin it.

Yeah it's really disappointing if you played the non-IAP version first. I'd be happy to drop like 5$ for the regular non IAP version

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cyberia posted:

By the same dev and looks and plays the same

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirix.dragonseal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aredna posted:

Subways and inside mountains never had cell tower access in the past. That's starting to change, but not every subway line has it yet in Tokyo.

Really? All the subways here and in Hong Kong have access.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

fart simpson posted:

Really? All the subways here and in Hong Kong have access.

not even in the Android games thread are we safe from goons trying to out-trains each other. what have i wrought??

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Also planes. Air travel is one of my biggest reasons for playing games on a tablet, especially bigger ones like ports of PC RPGs or console ports like FF6.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Neuroshima Hex is on sale @ 0.99$.

Another poopbreak boardgame port at a decent price. Though it seems to have IAPs so I'm not sure to get on board yet. Anyone knows what the IAPs are?

e: nm it seems to be additional armies

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 9, 2015

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Neuroshima Hex is on sale @ 0.99$.

Another poopbreak boardgame port at a decent price. Though it seems to have IAPs so I'm not sure to get on board yet. Anyone knows what the IAPs are?
Expansion packs. They get restored when you reinstall.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

This sounds intriguing, but the "roguelike" part concerns me. Is that just referring to the infinitely generated content? I like that, but don't like the permadeath and rip-your-hair-out difficulty that usually comes with the genre. Thoughts?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Azathoth posted:

This sounds intriguing, but the "roguelike" part concerns me. Is that just referring to the infinitely generated content? I like that, but don't like the permadeath and rip-your-hair-out difficulty that usually comes with the genre. Thoughts?

I've been fuckin' around with it. The game seems pretty okay so far. Kinda clunky and the virtual thumbstick is still "coming soon" but it's been pretty okay for a free game.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Good and bad news about Sorcery! 3

The bad news is that it has been pushed back to the 23 of April.

The good news is that Inkle has released a trailer for the game, which you can find here, be warned though that it does contain some slight spoilers for some of the overarching mechanics.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I've been getting all nostalgic for Sim City 2000 recently, but all the city building games I can find are so filled to the gills with IAPs that it feels like the old arcade games that you had to constantly pump quarters into.

Are there any good city building games that don't have IAPs out the rear end?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azathoth posted:

I've been getting all nostalgic for Sim City 2000 recently, but all the city building games I can find are so filled to the gills with IAPs that it feels like the old arcade games that you had to constantly pump quarters into.

Most asked question in android gaming history.

Unfortunately, there really isn't any at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Azathoth posted:

This is a question that's come up before, and even I've asked it, but the short answer is, unfortunately, no, there are no good city builders on Android...

...but, you can maybe scratch the itch with a kairosoft game, open ttd, or something like one of the sim tower adaptations. If you have a fairly decent computer, consider getting cities skylines.