Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

teethgrinder posted:

drat, had just noticed there were over 800 new posts in that thread since I last checked in on it.

You missed my birthday!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

You missed my birthday!?

Happy (Belated) Birthda, Shwqa!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Happy (Belated) Birthda, Shwqa!

You remembered :unsmith:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shwqa posted:

You remembered :unsmith:

Not to be a weirdo but I have this date in my actual calendar for September. Am I an idiot??!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Not to be a weirdo but I have this date in my actual calendar for September. Am I an idiot??!

No, it is September 3rd.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shwqa posted:

No, it is September 3rd.

Thanks for confirming, I swear I don't have a goons.xls I just deeply love this type of forums poo poo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

teethgrinder posted:

Are there graphically impressive games on the Play store that actually take advantage of "a gaming phone". I remember Galaxy on Fire (2) being cool but that was years ago. Browsing nothing seems exceptional.

I have the San Andreas remaster (Netflix) and it's pretty cool (for some reason it seems the mobile ports aren't the disaster the PC/console versions are), but... still an old game ultimately.

i feel like the main audience for those gaming phones is people who are way too into stuff like pubg mobile or cod mobile. which are not visually impressive at all since they just have generic realism artstyles
also mobile is just a really bad way to experience that genre so i have no idea why those games are so popular

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

kids without consoles or gaming computers and a whole lotta fomo

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i have no idea why those games are so popular

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

You got some of that there future data?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
No new games coming out those years thanks to the upcoming WW3.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i feel like the main audience for those gaming phones is people who are way too into stuff like pubg mobile or cod mobile. which are not visually impressive at all since they just have generic realism artstyles
also mobile is just a really bad way to experience that genre so i have no idea why those games are so popular
That makes a lot of sense. I was just curious because I do like tech demos / eye-candy but in practice... my mobile gaming is 95% Slay the Spire, 4% NYT app, 1% other distractions.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Slice and dice is such good game, but man it so frustrating to lose a run due to a 4% roll.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

victorious posted:

Join the lljk goon team in royal match once you unlock that, we need a couple more people to compete in team battles.

Sent a request to join to whoever runs it.
Ign: digi

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

TheDK posted:

We could use some fresh blood in the Warcraft Rumble guild! If you like Warcraft stuff and/or Clash Royale type of gameplay, hit me up for an invite!

Bumping Warcraft Rumble, we could use a few more active people to help unlock the new mini from the latest season that recently started.

If you are in the guild and aren't playing anymore, let me know and I'll give you the boot to free up some space.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

Sent a request to join to whoever runs it.
Ign: digi

Sorry! Got you in. Apparently I decided to not look at the game for a while after closing the team off and deciding to boot normies. I chose 3 random goons to be co-leaders and uhhhhh welcome to the team yay

Edit: oh also if I booted you, I'm sorry, your name is too normie

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I did it, I broke Buriedbornes 2

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

victorious posted:

Join the lljk goon team in royal match once you unlock that, we need a couple more people to compete in team battles.

Sent one as nope

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eat The Rich posted:

Sorry! Got you in. Apparently I decided to not look at the game for a while after closing the team off and deciding to boot normies. I chose 3 random goons to be co-leaders and uhhhhh welcome to the team yay

Edit: oh also if I booted you, I'm sorry, your name is too normie

LOL! You kicked my wife out. 😂

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Push El Burrito posted:

Sent one as nope

Got ya.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Kheldarn posted:

Martha was doing work with those IAPs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I bought the Dune: Imperium board game adaptation and it seems real good so far. I've never played the game before but the tutorial has done a good job explaining the rules and walking you through it. Plus all the artwork is (roughly) based on the new movies which is great for me since I only know Dune through those movies. It's a bit pricey, think it was $12, but it's a very high quality mobile board game adaptation with no iap's or ads so hell yeah I'll pay for that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Along those lines of board game adaptationsI really like the Ascension deck building game mobile app. Ad free, you can buy the expansions a la carte for around $3 each, combine them to your preference, and it supports both online play and hot seat style where you pass the phone to your buddies when it's their turn. It's very easy to read the cards on it and to execute your turns quickly no matter how many complicated mechanics you might have going.

As for Dune Imperium it's a really great board game and probably worth $12 for a faithful adaptation. It is at once a deck building game like ascension, a send your guys to market game like Agricola and a bidding game, with a lot of good options for strategy.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kheldarn posted:

Oh shid oh gently caress

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eat The Rich posted:

Oh shid oh gently caress

I haven't told her yet…

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kheldarn posted:

I haven't told her yet…

Im not sure she can rejoin. Feels really bad lol

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
Wasn't expecting to enjoy Royal Matching, but here I am! Also applied to LLJK as ChubbyPitbull.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

ChubbyPitbull posted:

Wasn't expecting to enjoy Royal Matching, but here I am! Also applied to LLJK as ChubbyPitbull.

Got you in

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

I did it, I broke Buriedbornes 2

lol how'd you get your Petrification so high?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm enjoying Idle Brewery, and would recommend it for people into idle games. Do we have an idle game thread? I couldn't find one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DefaultCompany.com.unity.template.mobile2D.idlebrewery

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Rapner posted:

I'm enjoying Idle Brewery, and would recommend it for people into idle games. Do we have an idle game thread? I couldn't find one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DefaultCompany.com.unity.template.mobile2D.idlebrewery

Thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895630

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

lol how'd you get your Petrification so high?

2 Petrifys with +power extreme +power strong +boost +auto turn. Thats on turn two. After finishing that dungeon I left a really long line of stone statues in the battlefield too.

easily doable if you take a contract with +5 rune reroll, hellish to do without.

Also I've been running the jails and I've been getting RED rank body parts with two named ability types, i.e. races and class and special skills as body parts its rad. Monster jail is really hard though because no contracts and to get those body parts you have to run it at 40+ floors. Its doable but harsh. oh and DONT take the -events keystone that will utterly wreck any chance of finding runes which are absolutely necessary for a successful monster run. getting into savage mode so that 6 and 7* stuff shows up is also pretty hard with no abilities.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 17, 2024

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Oh good, I need another idle game to go with the other 17 I already have installed.

I may have a problem

Edit: 22

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 17, 2024

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Rapner posted:

Enjoying this so far, thanks for the suggestion!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Tsietisin posted:

Oh good, I need another idle game to go with the other 17 I already have installed.

I may have a problem

Edit: 22

List them please

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Certainly, they are:-

Armoury and Machine 2
Antimatter Dimensions
Apocalypse Idle
CIFI
Clickpocalypse 2
Egg Inc
Exponential Idle
Grimoire Idle
Idle 1
Idle Cannon
Idle Dice
Idle Dice 2
Idle Kingdom
Idle Planet
Idle Research
Idle Skilling
Idling to rule the gods
Idle Monster
ISEPS
Realm Grinder
Space Plan
Super Snail

And now idle brewing.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Cookie Clicker

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
install Magic Research op
the only mobile idle game I've seen that's not plagued with iap and p2w

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Downloaded Royal Match against my better judgement, joined the lljk group under the name Kalos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

thatfuturekid posted:

Downloaded Royal Match against my better judgement, joined the lljk group under the name Kalos

I got you.

Is teacup from here? I may have missed the message, but I see them asking to join.