Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

install Magic Research op
the only mobile idle game I've seen that's not plagued with iap and p2w

Melvor Idle has its hooks into me right now and it doesnt have IAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

victorious posted:

I got you.

Is teacup from here? I may have missed the message, but I see them asking to join.

I'm Teacup, yeah.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Potsticker posted:

I'm Teacup, yeah.

Got you. Anyone else waiting? There are a couple on the list but I don't recognise the names.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

install Magic Research op
the only mobile idle game I've seen that's not plagued with iap and p2w

Seconded, I have been chasing the high of MR for months now. It's the first mobile game that I've actually beaten.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Dumped my weak team and requested as ADG

Happyjon
Oct 12, 2012

victorious posted:

Got you. Anyone else waiting? There are a couple on the list but I don't recognise the names.

Applied as Happyjon

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

thatfuturekid posted:

Downloaded Royal Match against my better judgement, joined the lljk group under the name Kalos

I should have realized there would have been a goonsquad for this.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

My current idle fix is idle iktah I'm only two days into it but so far has a really good growth curve and I always feel like I got like 10 things to do. Just make sure you use 4 bags at once. I thought I was stuck with one, so I thought 30 items was max when it was actually 60.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

My current idle fix is idle iktah I'm only two days into it but so far has a really good growth curve and I always feel like I got like 10 things to do. Just make sure you use 4 bags at once. I thought I was stuck with one, so I thought 30 items was max when it was actually 60.

Ooh drat this looks great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Relevant... Not quite :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyO79y6QL0

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Slice and dice 3.0 came out today. It's time to get slicing and possibly even dicing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

Slice and dice 3.0 came out today. It's time to get slicing and possibly even dicing.

And it has a loving portrait mode :hellyeah:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

explosivo posted:

And it has a loving portrait mode :hellyeah:

Oh fuuuuuuuck :letsgo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Has a portrait mode" got me to toss the money down so well done.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Portrait mode is HUGE. I hate landscapin so much

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I like landscape a lot but it's not a good look during meetings

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

welp just won Buriedbornes 2 I guess.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Shwqa posted:

On Android?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Android, iOS, and Steam, yes

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

explosivo posted:

Android, iOS, and Steam, yes

I should have said I looked in the play store and didn't see it either in search or the developers page

E: doh, I bet it's an update.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
My first slice and dice experience: easy round 3, got a 3 damage bottom side item, 'activates death for all group members'. Can't be what it sounds like, surely.. Oh. Well that was quick.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

My first slice and dice experience: easy round 3, got a 3 damage bottom side item, 'activates death for all group members'. Can't be what it sounds like, surely.. Oh. Well that was quick.

Excellent avatar/post combo :allears:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
This slice and dice update is amazing, the dev added a shitload of stuff.

Stop doing this tann! I need to live my life!!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Had bad insomnia and Slice & Dice was probably the worst thing I could have done

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Just one game before bed

*Starts blursed run*

TWO HOURS LATER

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Just one game before bed

TWO HOURS LATER

"Ah god my fuckin arms hurt also it's 2am"

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
This is maybe the wrong thread but I'm going to try - does anyone with a Pixel 6 (or greater) have any success with a gamepad, like a Kishi or Gamesir? The camera bar and my otter case (not one of the huge ones)are giving me real fits, and I don't want to spend any more money/effort on returns if there's no good answers.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Cthulhumatic posted:

This is maybe the wrong thread but I'm going to try - does anyone with a Pixel 6 (or greater) have any success with a gamepad, like a Kishi or Gamesir? The camera bar and my otter case (not one of the huge ones)are giving me real fits, and I don't want to spend any more money/effort on returns if there's no good answers.

I take mine (Pixel 6) out of the case when I want to use my Razr Kishi, which I rarely do for that reason.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Cthulhumatic posted:

The second Gen backbone is the only one that really works with my pixel 7 pro in a case, I would check the comparability list for that

Edit: here is backbones list of compatible phones and cases
https://help.playbackbone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18306138828311-Which-cases-are-compatible-with-the-Backbone-One-2nd-Gen

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 27, 2024

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
Very helpful & thank you!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there a way to block mobile ads in games without going into airplane mode every time? Like an app that simulates airplane mode or something without cutting off communications?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

New Leaf posted:

Is there a way to block mobile ads in games without going into airplane mode every time? Like an app that simulates airplane mode or something without cutting off communications?

I've had pretty good success with that by setting up a pi hole on my local network. It's a DNS server that uses blocklists to know if a domain name exists to serve ads, and returns 0.0.0.0 as their IP. Configure your router to use it as your DNS provider and suddenly ads disappear from all devices on your network without any further configuration. It even blocks that ad that takes up a third of the Roku home screen on my TV. Sometimes, though, you leave the house and a game downloads a bunch of ads that it remembers when you get home.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's got a mildly suggestive name, so it's got to be good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

New Leaf posted:

AdAway. It sets up a local pass-through "VPN" that network traffic on your phone has to go through and then just blocks all the network requests to known ad websites.
Naturally it's banned from a certain ad company's Play Store.
You can get the same effect on your home wifi by setting up a pihole like mentioned above.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Set dns to dns.adguard.com

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is anyone playing AFK Journey? Was looking for a thread for it but I don't think I saw it in the first couple of pages. My friends got me to try it but I'm not too familiar with gacha mechanics so I'm gaining a whole lot of different currencies and stuff but have no idea what's important, what should be saved, what should be spent, etc. And also, is there a goon guild?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I am playing, but have little idea what a good strategy or team build is for this game.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Most of the discussion is happening in the Gacha thread. I don't know if there is any Goon guild mostly because Guilds are per-server and getting everyone on the same server at this point would be a real pain.

For general info, Prydwen is a good resource: https://www.prydwen.gg/afk-journey

For characters, I would highly recommend trying to get at least one copy of the following:

- Smokey & Meerky (highest priority)
- Cecia
- Koko
- Antandra
- Odie
- Rowan
- Brutus

The team of Smokey, Cecia, Koko, Antandra, and Rowan is a comp that will carry you through AFK level 500+, occasionally having to bring in Brutus.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If you played afk arena most of your knowledge seems to transfer over pretty well in terms of team comp and you'll definitely appreciate the quality of life improvements. Streamlining armor sets alone is a godsend

Also if you're going to play with friends you should all try to sign up at the same time because joining 'established' servers puts you behind the power curve if you plan on engaging in the PVP stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Not that anyone asked, but for anyone new to the thread and Android gaming in general, two games which have decent to great touch controls which surprised me (I expected the controls to absolutely suck) are Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Stardew Valley.

SV works so wonderfully well, and SotN, while not perfect, plays very surprisingly well given that you're still using a touchscreen as a gamepad. I truly hate that control scheme normally but yet it worked for this game.

Granted, I haven't fought every boss, but I've been around the castle and haven't come up against any major issues.

Now for that game to show up on Steam...

Edit: a small addendum - I was more frustrated with Slay the Spire's touch controls than I ever was with SotN's. That goddamned card dragging is bugged :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 8, 2024