Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

eeenmachine posted:

Hey all, we're trying this open beta thing on the Play Store for the first time for our next game Bit City. Would really appreciate it anyone who likes city building or idle/clicker games would take a look!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.bitcity

I'm so hyped right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

Gunman Taco Truck is a new shoot em up/food serving game that's been doing the gaming podcast rounds mainly because it is developed by John Romero and his family.

Also out is Beat Racer, a hybrid endless racer and rhythm game. I played a bit and it seems pretty neat.

Is Beat Racer legit? The play store description and reviews are a little sketchy. Is this one of those apps that's going to send all my info to China?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

MachineryNoise posted:

I'd like Dandy Dungeon a lot more if I could actually, you know, connect to the server and play it.

It only works for me about 20% of the time. Uninstalled it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

Mini Metro is both on sale for $2 and finally got updated to include an endless mode.

Everyone buy this game. My favorite commuting game.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Lone Goat posted:

Favourite game about commuting, or favourite game while commuting?

Exactly. Even better - build the train I commute on while I commute on the train.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
You'll have to give up your sexlord title

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Trastion posted:

That should be perfect for everyone in the Android thread...

He's saying that the Google play store description mentions iOS10. As in this may be a poo poo port from iOS

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
That smiley is incredible

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Holy poo poo! From left field!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
You forgot Shattered Pixel Dungeon

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Use doors to get surprise attacks, they are 100% hit chance.

Hold the wait button to rest, which fast forwards time and heals you. Find a nice secluded spot and rest if you need to early game.

When trying new potions, try to do it standing in water near a door, so you can put yourself out or escape the room in case of fire or gas.

Use chokepoints. Less things hitting you at once, the better.

If there are certain rooms on the floor, there will always be a potion to "solve" the room somewhere on the floor. This can include hidden rooms. This can help you figure out unidentified potions.

Room blocked by wood = potion of fire
Trap rooms (room filled with traps with a chest at the end) = levitation potion
Water room with piranhas = invisible potion

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Necrolich posted:

Whats the best chess game on android these days? Preferably online multiplayer (async if possible), but i'd be willing to get 2 if one does single player better and another does multi better.

Shredder Chess

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Guys. Neo Turf Masters. That's the right answer.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Mrkillboy doing God's work here

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Death road to Canada is GREAT. On PC.

On Android it's much more difficult due to the controls (IMO).

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Went ahead and installed King's Raid. First character they gave me was a chick with tits the size of literal watermelons that heave and jiggle independent of her body.

This does not bode well for my anime tolerance.

I gave up on those games for that reason. I usually play these games on the train and I don't need the evil side-eye from half the train.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Holy shiiiiiiitttttt another nimblebit game.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
What is SL?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
It's fun. Makes your phone a little hot but it's a good game.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
What about shredder chess

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Ski game is fun. I was skeptical but I'm enjoying it

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Morpheus posted:

Question about this: if I'm on a family sharing plan (or whatever it's called) with someone, and I get this as IAP, it won't be shared right, it'll need to be purchased separately for that?

Right. No iap through family plan

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Re: stardew valley. Is there any issue with ignoring the town for a while and just farming? I feel like it's such a slog to get to town and there's soooo much to do in the farm. Will I miss something or will it always be there?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
What year does the game end? I thought it had an end or like after certain points you lost the ability to do things. Like doesn't some lady's husband show up so you gotta wife her right away? (I'm sorry if I'm super wrong about this)

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Does plant watering ever get easier?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

teethgrinder posted:

Boy I suck at this

Fight enemies by backing away into a doorway. Make it so only one at a time can get you. Also if you back out of a door (so the door closes) and wait, when the enemy peeks out you get a guaranteed critical hit. Start with warrior only at first until you get the hang of it.

There will always be just enough enemies on floor 1 to get to level 2. There are no hidden doors.

Starting on floor 2 there will be hidden doors. These can be super obvious - like a randomly ended hallway. Search and youll reveal it.

Special rooms always have the "antidote" potion somewhere on the floor.
-Room blocked by wood is solved by a potion of fire. If you aren't sure and don't want to waste a good potion, stand next to the wood and drink the potion. If you catch on fire it will get the wood too and you can run to water to put yourself out.
-Room with piranhas is solved by an invis potion. Don't fight the fish. They will murder you.
-Room with a treasure chest floating at the end is a potion of levitation

Room that requires a key but you just cannot find a key anywhere? Most likely the floor above had a room with an opening in it with a "dry well" or something. You can jump down and loot the body below which also has the key to get out of the room!

Crystal chests - you can search the chest to see what's in each before you decide which to open (you only get one key so you have to choose). Either a ring, artifact, or wand.

Potions of strength are super important as are scrolls of upgrade. Scrolls of upgrade reduce the strength requirement of armor/weapon and increase damage/blocking. Pots of strength give you more strength so you can wear armor/weapons etc. Don't put on armor or weapons if you don't have the strength. If you have the strength but it's not identified, gently caress it - put it on. If it's cursed, you can try to upgrade it or can use a scroll of remove curse. Sometimes items are cursed but upgraded. Once the curse is removed the item retains it's good quality.

Be careful with tombstones. The ghosts they spawn can only be hit by wands or by doing the trick where you hit them by going out a door. The items dropped from tombstones are usually cursed but upgraded so worth trying to ID and remove curse.

That was alot of rambling. Game is alot of fun once you learn some of the mechanics. You die alot floors 1-5 - your chances increase significantly once you get to 6. Hope that helps.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
You should absolutely give beyond Oasis a try on a proper emulator though. One of my all time favorites.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Morpheus posted:

That's the top-down Sega platformer/puzzler right? That game was something else. Never did beat it, some of the areas get confusing as hell later. Really awesome game overall though.

Ya and you have 4 different spirits you can use to help solve the puzzles/combat. I think I'm gonna replay it this weekend.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, I know. It's one of my all time favourites, and I remember renting it for a full week just so I could beat it back in the day.

I was so incredibly thrilled when it was originally re-released on the Wii VC, and love that it still gets support. If I'm going to actually buy any of the SEGA Forever games on the Play store, Beyond Oasis is my number one pick.

If that touchscreen emulation option from 8bitdo works, then I'll actually buy the game.

Now where's the love for Soleil/Crusader of Centy? It's like that game never existed. :negative:

Taking me back! I first found Beyond Oasis through Sega Channel. Did you have that? The original streaming service!!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Sistergodiva posted:

Could anyone recommend a good roguelike or roguelike game? Something like binding of Isaac or enter the gungeon. Or just a good regular roguelike.

Shattered Pixel Dungeon.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Shattered pixel dungeon for Android. It's really good.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Reminds me of New Star Soccer which was a fun game ruined by how aggressive they amped up the IAP. The game basically became impossible to do well in without continuous spending.

I've been playing the poo poo out of Retro Bowl. It's the best mobile sports game out there right now.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slay the Spire just released on the Play store! $10

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Only bug I've encountered so far is when a boss does a technique that is supposed to flash the screen or cover it in flames or something - it doesn't animate and instead whites out the screen, but it comes back once the "effect" is gone. A bit annoying but doesn't really impact gameplay.

I kind of wish it synced with my PC save but oh well - StS on mobile!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slay the Spire!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

New Leaf posted:

Can Slay the Spire be transferred between phones? I'm about to upgrade and I'd rather not start from scratch, but I know one time I uninstalled to make room for something and when I reinstalled it was a fresh playthrough..

It has cloud save.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I think it's through google play - when you do the sign in thing. It's a little wonky if youre actively switching between devices - but a one time switch it should work good. Had some issues between it and my chromebook when i tried to swap mid session but generally worked well.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slice and dice is amazing. Taking over my time spent on slay the spire.

Is there a way to send feedback? Two things I've noticed:
1. I usually tap and hold for more info. BUT that doesn't work when selecting a reward. It just gives you what you tapped with no undo available. Burned me a couple times now

2. I bumped up the UI zoom and sometime the dice is covered by the mana count. Can usually get an edge to select the dice but wanted to flag.

Loving the game though. I got an hour less sleep than I should have last night because I couldn't put it down.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 26, 2021

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Cinara posted:

Almost, the reward screen doesn't tell you what any of the keywords mean if you do not have them all memorized.

It's also a force of habit. I find myself automatically clicking and holding. Would just be nice to have the undo button. Also an ability to view my character skills before choosing an item would be nice.

E: but seriously I'm sitting here playing it right now. I really enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

MikeRabsitch posted:

You can press the Inventory button on the bottom left on that same item screen, makes it easy to review existing items and if your dudes have any engage/deathwish/pain/etc.

Oh poo poo ok thank you! Game rules.