Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Paladinus posted:

The thread's dear Hoplite has updated today and they've added Challenge Mode, where you have to clear three levels with a pre-determined set of perks. There are 100 challenges to try + daily challenges. I strongly recommend downloading it again, if someone deleted it for some reason.

It's been a long time since I scored all the hoplite chievos; are the unlocks hidden until you get them or does the new one not unlock anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I hope the question I got asking if I was of African descent wasn't another trap question. I answered "no" before remembering that technically we all are.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

precision posted:

Every day, in fact.

Is there a particular time we should set aside for it?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

inSTAALed posted:

i was, but my fiancee has an iphone and said it gets really boring after a couple days when you realize it just wants you to buy boosts and stuff

kind of disappointing.

Why would you buy boosts when a radroach infestation at the wrong time can completely wipe your vault?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Lowness 72 posted:

My biggest gripe with kingdom rush is if I open any other app, it doesn't save my progress. Have to completely restart. Totally killed he game for me.

Mine is that it kills any background audio when it starts up. It would be ideal for some mindless gameplay while listening to a podcast, but it seems to think what I really want to hear is generic video game music on a short loop.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The in game tips explains that they attack from rooms in contact with earth.

Seriously everyone should read these tips its basically the real tutorial.

So, if you have your elevators on the outer edges of your vault, do they only come in from the bottom?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

New Leaf posted:

Rushing rooms with a 20% chance of fire ALWAYS led to fire (tried it 8 times minimum, nobody is that unlucky)

1 in every 390,625 people is that unlucky. That's 25 Fallout Shelter players on Android alone. You were still right to uninstall it, though, it's garbage.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Vesi posted:

Yeah that doesn't look like any Fire Emblem game I know, I expect permadeath and brutal progression in tightly designed maps not some kind of menu-driven tapfest

Expecting a phone app to be a game is always going to lead to disappointment.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Renegret posted:

The Primal classes I'm assuming.

I've only played Barbarian and I weirdly hate it. On more than one occasion. I've had 4 health, full energy, and ~6 cards on the board. Okay great, I'll draw a card, damage myself for 1 point, then clear the board.

Then I draw a King and kill myself.

e: I've beaten all of the starting decks on epic except bard, because gently caress bard. Holy poo poo, gently caress bard.

Barbarian is the only class I've ever kept and used Insight with for exactly that reason.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How much mobile game bullshit is there? I like StS because I bought and now have the game. I don't want to deal with any gacha poo poo or energy or combining things to rank up classes etc

There's no energy or premium currency or gacha. When you find a chest or go in a shop there's some bonus stuff that you get for watching an ad, but the game is easily worth the $5 it costs to turn ads off, at which point it's just a straight up game you've bought.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I made it to the point where I could assign rules to empty tiles and my brain immediately broke.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I thought it might be fun to give Mithril Shields (add cantrip to all shield sides) to a hero with duplicate on one of their shield sides. My entire party died to poison three rounds later.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

teethgrinder posted:

- it takes slightly too long too first load, thanks to syncing with its cloud (fwiw loads instantly in airplane mode, I tested for a curious friend)

Which is pretty infuriating, since it doesn't have cloud saves. What is it even syncing?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I would love to reward Lucas Pope for going to the effort of making Papers Please work in portrait, but I also don't need that bummer in my life right now.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Wee Bairns posted:

Awesome to have this on the go, and it looks to drat near the full version for free. Vertically oriented rather than portrait, but perfectly playable...

There's a toggle in the options to play in landscape, should you ever want your phone to be harder to hold while playing the game.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This has thankfully confirmed to me that I'll likely not be buying the game on Steam. I understand that it's dirt cheap, but I'm not getting anything out of this that magic survival already gave me, and I'm definitely done with that.

I'm assuming that there's no fundamental difference between the two games? I've gotten to the 10 minute mark.

The biggest difference to me seems to be that in Magic Survival XP is scattered around the map, forcing you to go new places but in Vampire Survivors XP is dropped by monsters, forcing you to largely stay in one place. But since "places" aren't especially meaningful in either game, it's not much of a distinction.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Farquar posted:

What these wives should be asking is why it's called Brotato, when it's clearly an egg. Not a potato.

Eggs don't have enough hands to hold six guns.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

drat horror queefs posted:

I beat every other available stage but witch 4/5 was just too hard. It's a shame because I think more content is locked behind it but witch is so slow and miserable compared to every other class I lost the will to go on

They've added a progress editor, so you can just click a die in the settings and never have to think about playing the Witch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

New Leaf posted:

Is there a way to block mobile ads in games without going into airplane mode every time? Like an app that simulates airplane mode or something without cutting off communications?

I've had pretty good success with that by setting up a pi hole on my local network. It's a DNS server that uses blocklists to know if a domain name exists to serve ads, and returns 0.0.0.0 as their IP. Configure your router to use it as your DNS provider and suddenly ads disappear from all devices on your network without any further configuration. It even blocks that ad that takes up a third of the Roku home screen on my TV. Sometimes, though, you leave the house and a game downloads a bunch of ads that it remembers when you get home.