Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is Ticket to Ride any good on mobile, especially if I'm playing on my own? I played the boardgame again last night for the first time in years, and I need more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Truxton posted:

Anybody looking for a good pool game should give Pool Break Pro a look. Lots of different variations of billiards, with Carrom and Crokinole thrown in as well, it's got online or hotseat multiplayer in addition to playing against the CPU, only a dollar right now, no IAP! There's a trial version too, but for a dollar I jumped right in and I like it a lot.

Thank you for this! I really love... uhh... whatever that pool game is on Steam, and this is a great mobile alternative!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

delfin posted:

OH GOD THEY'RE ON ANDROID TOO. THE ADDICTION BEGINS AGAIN

Is this really just Tiny Tower, but with trains?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EvilElmo posted:

So after watching the trailer and looking at the pictures I have no idea what you do in that game. Care to explain?

You literally just swipe left or right (and sometimes up, for bonus things), depending on what's required. There are two types of financial reports, red and green. There are also two directions the stocks can head in, up and down. That leads to 4 combinations in total. Two of those needs to be swiped left to sell, the other two need to be swiped right to buy (I might have the buy and sell directions mixed up). So, for example, a red dropping stock, and a green raising stock need to be sold, so when you see those, you swipe left. Obviously, then the red raising stock and the green falling stock are to be bought, so you swipe right.

I enjoyed it for about 20 seconds.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, there's no way to use a bluetooth controller with my Nexus 4 without rooting, right?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

If this were to exist, I would have to say that it would be neat. Man, I certainly hope we get this or something like it sometime. Yes yes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

the chaos engine posted:

Yeah, some youtuber played a preview version a while back and the comments were nothing but a sea of "PURPLE GUY 5NAF". Did not consider that while making the game.

I haven't played 5NAF, so I will go into this without that mental connection. Looking forward to it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ShiroTheSniper posted:

If I looked correctly, I'll need the USBOTG adapter for my S6, as seen here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/connect-ps3-controller-gaming-t3078848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m60UIuVL2Gc

Unless you can use the PS4 controller to S6 without anything?

Wiimotes doesn't seem to work with S4 and up: http://android.ccpcreations.com/wiicontroller

Man, there's just NO way to use a controller with a non-rooted Nexus 4, is there?

EDIT: Or does the OTG cable work for that, too?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

gromdul posted:

Get a RaspberryPI.

Is it actually fairly good for emulation?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Seksiness posted:

The newest model can emulate up to the N64 with acceptable performance.

Oooooooh, poo poo, gonna look into this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chinook posted:

I get like one survey a month and it's always for 30 cents or less. I wonder why they don't like me.

Are you in the states? I'm in Canada and get barely anything. The other day, I did a fairly long videogame-related survey... for no money :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flaggy posted:

I have well over 20 bucks in survey money, but no idea what to get. Any recommendations? I already have all the FF games.

I strongly recommend Galaxy Trucker, as well as Sproggiwood, when it comes out of beta. It's a really solid roguelike with great art. Made by a goon! (unormal)

Also, I've heard good things about GTA: Chinatown Wars. I played it on DS, and absolutely loved it. The drug trading alone is awesome.

Edit: Also check out Noir Syndrome, a procedurally generated noir-themed murder mystery game. I have it on PC and, while not incredibly deep, is still really fun. It also has a fantastic soundtrack.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 27, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

Nimble Bros, take hold of this market! Rake in bux with a legit city builder... there is such a big hole in the market for one.

Yes, this! May your battery usage be low, and your IAP be cosmetic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Roflcopter posted:

I was like you once. Then Google found out I'm a stay at home dad with hardwood floors and the surveys have been fuckin rolling in the last month :getin:

I take it that there's just no way to pick up the pace of these surveys in Canada?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Roflcopter posted:

Honestly I'm really not sure how it works. I don't really go out too much, just stay at home with the kid, and I was getting frustrated because I'd get a survey literally every five weeks and I'm not exactly in bumblefuck nowhere. Then they asked me to take a picture of my living room floor. A couple weeks later they asked some questions about cleaning products that I use on the floor. Then over the last month I was bombarded with questions about what type of floor was in each room of my house and how often I cleaned them. Now I've started getting questions about how often I cook.

So I guess you really just have to luck into a demographic they want to learn more about

Yeah, I guess so. Obviously, I answer the surveys truthfully, because if they DO decide they're interested in hearing from a 30-something white, middle-class Canadian father who has a background in audio, I'm their guy. I did once look up a logo/company name so I could answer a question correctly in order to continue the survey.

I have been tempted in the past to just come up with bullshit, but since I have no idea what they're looking for most of the time, it's not worth it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

They'll call you out on your poo poo sometimes if you give them crap answers that they've extrapolated from previous answers. I try to be as honest as possible.

Very good to know! Now I definitely won't be lying.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledynamix.crossmecolor

CrossMe Color is today's free App of the Day (worth over $6). This is great for anyone who loves Picross.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, with the app of the day thing, you either have to just open it, or sometimes have to go and put in a promo code.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How good is Galaxy Trucker for local multiplayer? I already have it, and I might try and convince my wife to pick it up with her survey bux.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've never played either, is there any particular reason to play the first rather than just go with the second?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

I thought I would jump on the Pocket Miner 2 hype train, until I got past the tutorial and found out the levels auto-scroll and you get a game over for going off the top. Too bad, it looks fun, but I just can't play mobile games that can't be dropped and ignored at a moment's notice. Got to pretend to work while I'm playing games, after all.

This is why, to me, Galaxy Trucker is almost perfect. I say 'almost' because a lot of the time, if I hit the power button to put my phone in standby, trying to get back into the game after that is difficult. Other than that, yay pausable gameplay.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, downloading Seabeard now, though I'm kind of curious as to how good it could be for being free. Hopefully I am totally misguided.

How much like Animal Crossing is this? If my wife were to get this game, is there a lot of interactivity between other players?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Len posted:

I love picross but can't play it on my phone because I have normal sized hands so hitting those little boxes is impossible. Anyone know of a more reasonable puzzle game?

You can't zoom in?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Len posted:

Obviously I couldn't in whichever one I downloaded yesterday or I wouldn't be asking for a better game.

Hey man, some people don't like zooming in.

Anyway check out Cross Me -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledynamix.crossme

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

From what little I can gather you can visit their island, post messages on their bulletin board and swap items. You have to connect through Facebook I believe though, and doesn't become available until a bit into the game.

I'm still very early in but compared to Animal Crossing there's very clear cut objectives to complete, and I've spent most of my time so far island hopping to recruit people and fix up a few things in my village. Aurally and visually its super derivative though.

What about the npcs? I take it there probably isn't a vast number of them who come and go and can be befriended?

That would sell the game even more to me, but hey, I've downloaded it, checking it out now. Is there any way to connect with people other that Facebook? I have no problem with using that, but it'd be nice to be able to add non-FB friends, too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Can you send mail to other people? :3:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, my wife got a survey about her opinion of a local water park. She had never heard of it, but she had accidentally hit 'Yes' when they asked if she'd been there. The next question asked what her favourite attraction was, and then when she picked one at random, the survey told her that the question was a test and that the water park didn't exist. It then said that her answer will determine her eligibility for future surveys and rewards.

Is she completely screwed for future surveys? :ohdear: She really does answer honestly, and just made a mistake.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

gromdul posted:

You can press the back button to ho back to the previous question :colbert:

The damage is done :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for the warning? Just don't answer these surveys dishonestly, you'll keep getting them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WebDO posted:

The thing about this survey I disliked is that I almost fell into the trap because my brain told me to hit the bottom option for 'No' and I was very confused when it asked me what my favorite slide was. I backed out, restarted, and clicked actual no, but have no idea if I'm blacklisted

I don't think you were if you didn't receive a message from Google about the quiz being fake and that, essentially, you were 'caught'.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yay, my wife got another question, asking her age and gender, for 20 cents! :toot:

I guess it was either a bluff, or they're giving her a second chance.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Drone posted:

I was skeptical about this for the longest time until I downloaded it two weeks ago. In that time I've accrued like $2.60 of free money to spend on apps / IAP, so it's great and only takes like 10 seconds to do a survey, if that.

But whatever you do, answer truthfully!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ippon posted:

Yep, it's always on. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Are you in the States? If not, not getting many surveys is par for the course, unfortunately. As I posted previously, my wife accidentally asnwered the 'trap' question incorrectly, was told by Google that they'll have to re-evaluate whether or not she'll get more surveys, and then got some more surveys. Meanwhile, I haven't gotten anything, no idea why. We're both in Canada, btw.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sekret posted:

I don't have a video, but it's totally worth 3bux.

I agree with this. It's fantastic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, is there any way that we can all play Galaxy Trucker together? Can you add specific people? Is it a G+ thing?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aw drat, sorry to hear that. Maybe I like it a lot because I'm used to the actual, physical game, and thought the digital version translated it very well. I'm so-so on the campaign that this version introduced, but I love jumping in to a quick game.

When you build the perfect ship and have a great run, that keeps you coming back for more. When you build the perfect ship and it still all goes to poo poo, that's just funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Oh poo poo, rogue-like throw down. Sproggiwood comes out then too, also for 10bux

I've been playing the beta if Sproggiwood, and it's a perfect port. Not surprised, since the game was kind of meant for mobile.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Where do I find fish in Seabeard? It keeps telling me 'Doesn't look like there are fish here.' Are they on a different island?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dirty Needles posted:

You'll actually see them swimming around the islands, tap near them to cast

Ok, did that, caught two types of fish... And now it still says 0/2 collected, and the quest giver dude doesn't recognize that I've caught 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'd join if it was available in Canada. :argh:

Good thing Seabeard is fun!