Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Shwqa posted:

You remembered :unsmith:

Happy birthday forums user Shwqa. I hope your day is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My wife made a comment last night about how all my phone games look dumb and easy (because I play too many dumb and easy idle games). So I say, no Brotato is different, poo poo's real hard, I have like 6 failed runs tonight.

She comes over and looks, right as I get to the final wave of an absolutely insane run where I melt the boss in 12 seconds. So now she thinks Brotato is an easy game too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got three :)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Just had the stupidest run in lbal

Got an early thief and lots of thief upgrades, monkies, seeds, etc, and not a single banana. I went the whole game without a way to pop that fuckin thief.

Overall it was a terrible run and I don't know how I made it to the final round. I just barely made rent and went into it with about 20 coins and no chance of actually winning. Then the game gifted me a midas bomb, which of course blew up the thief for about 7.5k

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
First roll of the next game gives me both a banana peel and a bounty hunter

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What a beautiful game where everybody is happy.

Nothing strange here. Nope.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm laughing reading these complaints about super snails tutorial because that's how I feel about basically every mobile game of any sort of appreciable scale. I haven't played it but I know exactly what you're all talking about.

I don't get why mobile devs put so little effort into tutorials. You'd be better off with none at all.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I played ingress!

It was super cool and I dropped it after two weeks because the effort involved and time commitment was astronomical. It very much felt like a game that expected you to devote more effort than I was willing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We had a baby at the end of October and I installed Royal Match as a simple game to play during those long nights, rocking the baby to sleep.

I'm on level 2225 and questioning my own sanity.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had adventure communist, egg inc, and afk arena for my first.

Honestly royal match is much worse for my sanity

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Idle Apocalypse is great but every time I pull it out, I end up shelving it again because of the pain in the rear end it is to tap those loving generators all the time.

And I agree about how annoying it is to filter out the absolute garbage. Sometimes I feel like the mere existence of an ad is a red flag.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AlexDeGruven posted:

lol, I'm only in the 700s

I'm stalling for 3000 for when I have time to capitalize on the hour bonus you get

I have a problem

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

New Leaf posted:

...that game I keep seeing advertised with a king about to get boiled alive or drown in a sewer or something? That game is good?

The funniest part is that they totally hamfisted these into the game as a bonus every 50 levels or so just so they can say they did.

And what's wild is that they're pretty fun. Unfortunately the rewards suck though so if you're doing a race event it's often better to just skip them.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah we should talk more about royal match's homoeroticism

Every board has dog accomodations but we never see a dog. :thunk:

Just asking questions

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Farquar posted:

Are you talking about Royal Match? I frankly don't believe you. Any game that advertises that heavily has to be full of ads, doesn't it?

No ads. Yet somehow not a gatcha either.

The secret to their mtx is items and coins. Coins get you extra turns when you run out and items help clear the board. You get plenty of both for free through normal play. The trick, however, is that around level ~200 you get access to the super light ball, where the lightball has a double effect on everything. You lose it when you lose your winning streak and don't get it back until you clear 10 rounds. The problem is that the super light ball is broken as all gently caress, so suddenly you start burning through all your resources trying to keep your streak going as long as possible. Once you get a taste of those balls, it feels really bad to lose it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Paladinus posted:

I'm on level 250... gently caress.

oh yeah soon you'll get super balls. Then extra starting balls from your butcher's gift and another extra ball from event rewards and suddenly you start every round with double balls and that's when they'll get you. You get a taste of knocking out 100 rounds in an hour and now you gotta just keep going.

(I'm on 3000 and only spent $1 on this game)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

CuddleCryptid posted:

:same:, I will spend a lot of money on freemium games but generally only if it will give me permanent bonuses or unlocks. I've spent AAA game money on various mobile games over the last month buts all getting rid of ads and large QOL improvements, no way would I spend cash on temporary buffs.

I played way too much adventure communist a while back, and for as much as I liked it, the monetization was so absurd it was offensive. I remember thinking that I was willing to spend money on this game but there was nothing worth it. I'm not dropping $10 on a loving loot box in a 3 day long temporary event. And yet people do it.

I would've paid anything for no ads upgrade to that game. But instead they released a month long battle pass with a no ads upgrade attached. I bought it once, before I realized it was temporary, and basically gave up the game after it ran out. Then the devs had the gall to release an identical game with a different coat of paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just lost my best run so far due to a pineapple launching a grape into high orbit.

ngl I'm a little tilted right now