Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
:siren: Wayward Souls is the Amazon free app of the day :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
If you're on the PC and jonesing that badly, seriously give Hex a shot. It does enough differently from MTG to be interesting but is so close to it mechanically that a MTG player can learn it almost immediately. I mean "hit with an infringement lawsuit" close.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
:frogsiren: The Room Two is on sale for $0.59 :getin:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Yeah, I don't care about or know much about real racing but I just lost an hour to Motorsport Manager. It's a really fun little game.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Looks like that Marvel ARPG launched in the US. It didn't happen to get a patch rolling back the gross grind people were talking about during the soft launch, did it? :pray:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does anyone have any tips for Motorsport Manager? In the few management games I've played before I've always liked focusing on my junior league to raise my own rookies, but in this one I feel like it's a trap. I had to level up the junior league to 4 before it got close to the second tier free agents, and that is a LOT of money sunk into it. I know I can use them for basically 1/4 the salary of a free agent, but that doesn't seem worth it unless you play the game for decades in-game, and over that period you have made enough money that it doesn't matter anyway.

I was also struggling in the second tier, so I went back to the first one to wreck people with my ~63 stat drivers. Apparently there is a balancing factor put into your car stats, because my ~63 second tier drivers have been doing about as well as my ~40 first tier dudes I had before I gave them the boot. Also the prize money and sponsors give peanuts so I'm losing money every month if I don't place. This smacks of the "everything levels with you" poo poo that made me stop playing Oblivion.

Definitely worth 30 cents, though. Just some weird stuff going on that I haven't figured out.

I'm not 100% sure there's a balancing thing happening but I want to say yes. After I finish the first tier 1 racing series I decided to just farm the other tier 1 Series for some easy cash. I went in with guys that were placing first and second by the end of the first series ( thanks to using my Google bux on a few million extra cash) and they're right back to placing somewhere between 5th and 9th even when using the recommended optimal setup for the track.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledynamix.crossmecolor

CrossMe Color is today's free App of the Day (worth over $6). This is great for anyone who loves Picross.

Unless I'm missing something there's a free to download 24 puzzle demo with a $5 premium unlock for the whole game.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

the littlest prince posted:

And when you open this, switch your country to the next one in the list, I think it's Italy. The app for the US is some other thing.

Alright, did that and tapped GRATUITA and it took me to the non-premium entry for CrossMe Color in the store app. :shrug:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

FredMSloniker posted:

I was sent to the store page as well, but went ahead and downloaded and started it, and it said I'd gotten the premium version as a splash page before the main menu.

That did it!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there an app to see what countries have the best free app of the day?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Paladinus posted:

So I bought it and completed all ten original level in a tad more than an hour. It was a cool experience for the money, but eight more levels cost something like 2.5 dollars and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Can anyone tell me if those additional levels are not as easy and/or more lengthy?

Fake edit: I know I'm a cheapskate.

They're not like a challenge pack or anything but they do a few neat things that the main game doesn't. I thought it was worth the $2.50 because otherwise I would have wasted that $2.50 on some gem/diamond/gold coin pack.

E: also Lyne is the Amazon free app of the day which is a neat puzzle game

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 9, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
gently caress it, I need a new time waster that isn't "Puzzles & Dragons but _____"

friend code is dwqm5397, added everyone who posted theirs so far

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Ragequit posted:

xbtg7325 here. The game doesn't really warrant a thread, but maybe a crafty goon could create a Google Doc of some sort to make this easier? Will add everyone else tomorrow morning.

Done dat. Anyone with the link can edit so you can add ASCII dickbutts your friend codes to the bottom.

e:

gromdul posted:

The permissions of Pocket Mine 2 are ridiculous. Why are you so excited about this spyware with IAP?

Why the gently caress does this game need to know my browsing history, location, what calls I am making, or which apps I am running?

I have a Facebook profile, listen to music on Spotify which is then logged on a last.fm profile, use Google for search, email, and Chrome as my browser. I use Google Now on my tablet to voice search almost everything and view suggested links to see more content based on my search history. Additionally I use an app that tracks my whereabouts with GPS and offers me surveys based on my shopping and travelling habits in exchange for pocket change. Every company knows everything about me already. :shrug:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 11, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Antezulu posted:

Threw names in, back to mining.

Saw that, thanks!

I like the custom loadouts but do wish their use wasn't on a timer. loving phone games :negative:

Do the equipment and card bonuses stack? I know the cards say they don't stack with other cards, but I didn't see anything about cards plus equipment.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

nexus6 posted:

I've hopped on the pocket miner bandwagon and added a few goons, but to be honest I have no idea what I'm doing. I just tap the ground and the camera starts moving on it's own so I feel I have to go faster then it says my pick is broken?

That's the general idea. Different types of blocks take more durability from your pick. Crates and dirt alway take 1 durability so a lot of it is about trying to use dirt blocks and explosions to open up the next cave that you can move to the bottom of.

A couple tips: You can tap anywhere that isn't ground to move your guy there without hitting a block.

You can queue taps so you can set up chains of blocks to hit while your guy is navigating around.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

limited posted:

In the top right is a weird stripe-looking thing. If you swipe it left, a pause button pops out.

God knows why that is a thing instead of just a pause button being there, but hey. :psyduck:

:tinfoil:: Probably so you miss it and accidentally move to the top of the screen, potentially wasting a battery. Follow the money

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Here's the link to the Pocket Mine 2 Google Doc once again, if you've not added yourself to it yet.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Drone posted:

So is someone gonna make a Pocket Mine thread?

You're in it bud

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Present posted:

Been playing pocket mine 2 since it got mentioned in the thread but today I have no inclination at all to play it. Weird.

I've only been playing a few rounds the last two days. Once you get past that initial frenzy of adding friends, buying packs, and leveling up every other level it slows down dramatically. Not inherently bad but the grind of the metagame starts to show.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Mine asked about Kelp's Wild Water Slides and I thought it had hosed up my location. The very next survey I got asked if I was real into investments. The worst was a 4 minute fake instructional video on customizing Wendy's chicken sandwiches that I got 25 cents for sitting through and answering that it was hot garbage.

e: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3cy8EwpLE

I see now that it was first uploaded to the Wendy's YT in January and is super unpopular. Why the gently caress did they need me to answer questions reiterating that it's bad?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 15, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
:siren: Galaxy Trucker is on sale in the US for $2.99.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Ariza posted:

What games would you compare it to?

I'm just now buying it myself based on positive opinions in the thread but am curious about this as well.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey how good is 80 Days? It'll be a while before I have enough survey bucks to buy it, but it might be next on my list.

Remember when I posted about my wife getting caught answering the trap question incorrectly? Yeah, she's also been getting a ton of surveys and I haven't gotten any. :argh:

80 Days is fantastic and you should definitely pick it up.

My wife and I were getting caught up on RuPaul's Drag Race and I got a survey asking if I was transgendered :tinfoil:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Wintermutant posted:

Anyone have any recommendations on an Android emulator for PC? Shamefully, I mainly want it just so I can auto-farm on Summoners War while working without draining my tablet and phone batteries constantly.

There's BlueStacks which is a bit of a resource hog in my experience and has a lovely custom UI trying to hawk F2P games to you but is otherwise serviceable enough. I think I remember having to install a custom launcher so get Nova or Go to get around their lovely one.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 2, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shwqa posted:

Sorry this is a pain in the rear end to go to my past post and repost them while on my phone. I'll have my computer up and running tomorrow so I'll post it then.

I was interested in the guide as well so I found the post.

No, I don't have anything better to do, thank you for asking.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Yeah sort of on the fence about the lack of explanations of mechanics in YMBAB. I assume the quality percentage improves what you find in chests? Also when you go to Change Profile it shows your save as "Ace Level: 1" which implies to me a New Game + mode.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

nerox posted:

For some reason I much prefer Cross Me to Cross Me Color, but both are great.

I prefer it because after playing a shitton of Paint it Back on my iPad the extra rule the colors adds trips me up.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
YMBAB updated today and claims to have added achievements. It did add Google Play Games integration but signing in just changes the button to say sign out and the Games app shows no achievements.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

mrkillboy posted:

The Trace, an investigative crime puzzle game inspired by The Room that got some notice when it hit iOS a few months back is now out for Android. It seems pretty cool.

I had a few minutes to start this up, seems pretty neat so far. It reminds me more of a Sherlock Holmes game than The Room. I came into a mechanic's shop to an apparent suicide and within a few minutes needed to find: a way to lubricate a lever, a way to cut a chain, what was interesting about a trophy, who opened the safe, and how to open a toolbox.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

FredMSloniker posted:

Six secret deaths? Are you including natural causes, or is there something I missed? Sudden Death says 100% complete, 345% weight bonus...

When you go to hard mode (and for new players of the game) save the secret deaths for once you've got most of the events up to 90%+ and are having a hard time killing off your fish.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I beat The Trace and it was fairly short. It's a fun game right up until you're hunting around for a clue that is something stupid like you didn't tap around enough in a certain area to trigger every interaction. I'm fine with exploration and a lack of hand holding but a "pixel hunt" on a touch screen can get pretty tiring. That said, still worth the bux and would definitely recommend it if you want a mobile game you can actually complete.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

BobTheJanitor posted:

Considering the number of people here who ate up Tiny Tower and Tiny Death Star and Tiny Tower Vegas, I'm sure there are plenty of goons excited at the prospect of another game with no gameplay where nothing happens. As long as it has timers I can check every few hours. :v:

I'm really looking forward to this. I played a poo poo ton of Pocket Knights which is PAD without the match three part and way greedier so I have a high tolerance for bullshit.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

wall monitor posted:

Started playing that Infectionator Hot Chase spinoff, but it's not really scratching my itch. Are there any decent games like it (or like Jetpack Joyride) where you cycle through that same pattern of play, buy upgrades, play, buy upgrades, etc?

I also liked Learn to Fly, Burrito Bison, Hedgehog Launch, etc. That feeling of being so much more powerful/faster/etc a few hours in than you were when you started out.

I'd like to know this as well. I love launch games but they seem to have fallen out of favor for clicker games. Last new one I played was Knightmare Tower.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I really like Kingdom Rush but I think they're the only TD games in years with no fast forward button so I vote Bloons as well.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shwqa posted:

I can't wait to see the disappointment in this thread when fallout shelters comes out :allears:

It was hilarious to see in the IOS thread how quickly opinions turned against the game. It is a bad game.

Is this because it falls apart the longer you play, or because actually playing is not as fun as watching Todd Howard talk about it onstage?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Huh, trying to buy the IAP in Card Crawl and it said my $3.18 survey funbux wasn't enough for the $2.99 purchase. Switch payment types and its assigning some 19% sales tax to it.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
drat, using that Fallout Shelter save really exposes the Skinner box loop of the game. After 70 lunchboxes and 20 minutes I had 3 fully upgraded floors staffed by 20 high level dwellers all sporting high end weapons and outfits.

What's the status on the gems of war thread? Could use those collected tips but hunting through the thread is a pain on my phone.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Buying one Mr. Handy is helping me breeze through the early game. I've got a 3 space electrical room, 3 space water joint, and 2 space Cafe and he's been keeping the base ready to go... Of course, that means there isn't really any game to play, so that's... cool?

And I'll throw up a quick Gems thread and link it here in a minute!

Yeah I mean it's a fun little tiny Tower type thing but when you "hack" it to give you hundreds of the gameplay shortcuts it literally removes all of the gameplay. Other than the main loop of attracting dwellers and sending them out there's what, waiting for raiders? With the 400 lunchboxes containing every resource, dwellers, weapons, and caps, it kind of replaced the actual gameplay which feels kinda gross because it's not "pay to win" it's "pay to replace playing at all".

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

coyo7e posted:

I dunno, why would anybody hack a tiny towers clone and then bitch about how not-fun it is to sit and watch resource bars fill up and never know what actual adversity might have occurred if they'd actually played the game? I'd love to know the reasoning. :allears:

I played it almost exclusively any time I had free from the moment it hit Android until two days later when I made that post. My main takeaway after ~7 hours sunk into my vault was how obnoxious it is that it notifies you literally as you close it that you should come back and collect this water and that power. It's watching timers tick down so you can fill a bar for a quest that gives you a lunchbox which might have a thing that helps with the timers and the bars.

I grabbed the save after this as I wanted to see how it felt to have $400 worth of IAP and turns out it removes the waiting, which is all there is. Like others have said, too much babysitting to be a good TT clone, not enough to do to be a clicker. Just feels bland and IAP taking even the thing that makes you an active participant? Not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Actually love Fallout games. Had almost every room available to me at 26 dwellers with three adjoining rooms, most levelled to the max. Had all three bars maxed at all times and a radio room. In my actual vault, not the cheat save one. It just got boring real fast :shrug: