Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've been playing The Sims Free Play to satisfy my urge for games where numbers get big. It isn't as over the top about wanting my money as Dungeon Keeper but I'm at the point where there's lots of hours between things to do. Anyone know any other "good" numbers get bigger building games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

cyberia posted:

Weak Warrior is a pretty good poop-break game but is there any sort of progression or upgrade system?

By the same dev and looks and plays the same

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirix.dragonseal

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Azathoth posted:

This sounds intriguing, but the "roguelike" part concerns me. Is that just referring to the infinitely generated content? I like that, but don't like the permadeath and rip-your-hair-out difficulty that usually comes with the genre. Thoughts?

I've been fuckin' around with it. The game seems pretty okay so far. Kinda clunky and the virtual thumbstick is still "coming soon" but it's been pretty okay for a free game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

BobTheJanitor posted:

The Play Store curating doesn't even extend as far as having an option for 'only show me games in my language'. They've got a loooong way to go before it will be remotely useful. In the mean time, I pretty much wait for goons to mention games in this thread or occasionally hold my nose and dip in to reddit to see if anything is generating buzz.

At least they don't show things my device can't play. I have an old iPod touch 4 and looking for apps on the appstore is awful. Apple just shows everything whether I can play it or not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

delfin posted:

Feeling THAT. I have an iTouch 4 as well, and if a new app doesn't require iOS 7 or a iPhone 5+ these days, it loads halfway and then crashes.

I'm debating upgrading to an iPod 6 when they inevitably come out but the only thing I use my iPod for is music and the Arkham Horror Toolkit since Fantasy Flight doesn't think Android exists.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

Would it be like the comics where it's fun and interesting for a bit, then incredibly boring for a long time, and then finally getting "interesting" again by killing 80% of the cast and repeating the cycle?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cryohazard posted:

So you mean like basically every comic series ever?

Nah there's a difference between just a comic and Kirkmans writing style. Kirkman is particularly bland.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

I'm a big "Invincible" fan.. wish that got more press.

Invincible is good when it isn't in Super Duper 90s Gore Mode. But yeah I wish it got more talked about over Walking Dead.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kheldarn posted:

Well, there's The Sims™ FreePlay from EA...

Alright hear me out on this one. The Sims Freeplay isn't 100% terrible. I've gotten pretty goddamned far in it without spending any real money at all. I spent $1.05 of google money on a LP (premium rare currency) roulette wheel because why not but I didn't need it and had one of the sticky fingered bastards at work not been loving with my phone wouldn't have been spent.

It's got an okay amount of customization at the start with more clothes and hair styles unlockable (right now at this moment in time there's a timed quest for sleepwear going on) and there's lots of things to build. It isn't great by any means but it's a good time waster and it's currently scratching the itch I have from not having any good idle/incremental games to play. There's numbers that get bigger and objective to do and at some point I will theoretically run out of content to do.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

the chaos engine posted:

My game WRASSLING came out on Google Play today! It's p much Soccer Physics + QWOP + hats. It's free (w ads) so check it out if you're into any of those things!

My job involves a lot of waiting for busses in the morning and afternoon. Thank you for making the morning wait more fun.

Although I could have gone without the kids waiting for the bus going "you're the purple man from five nights at Freddy's!" The entire time I played.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't played 5NAF, so I will go into this without that mental connection. Looking forward to it.

The only connection is he's a purple guy using retro graphics.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wrasslin' can eat a dick. My goddamn hat won't stay on and I NEED to unlock the next one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Does dragonfall have the debug mode the PC version does? I played the non-directirs cut a few times and don't really want to have to work at seeing the new content. I just want to blow through combat.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I just bought Dragonfall, and it's fun so far. I'm not too good at this type of game, but I like them, and I love the Shadowrun setting. Too bad it's based in the 2050s and not the 2070s...

They remind you that with an epilogue that doesn't stray from what the RPG fluff says happened. Really puts a giant "gently caress you" touch on the end. At least in the regular non-directors cut version

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Oh hey! Here's that Walking Dead game I beta tested and totally could't tell you guys about but did anyway! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scopely.headshot

It's pretty loving solid. Give it a shot.

Edit: your first pull is ALWAYS Harlan. He's solid but replaceable later on. Only given as a freebie because he's a rare healer.

How much PvP is in it? I'm not a big fan of the games where you lose all your resources because you went to sleep.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone ever play this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ravensburgerdigital.ScotlandYardHD

It looks and sounds kind of neat but I dunno if it actually will be. I've bought so many board games that sound neat and really aren't I've gotten really wary at impulse buying them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drone posted:

So is someone gonna make a Pocket Mine thread?

A pocket mine thread would have no content except "dudes here's my friend code" for however many pages. Just roll with this being the thread everyone will get bored of it in a couple more pages.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Pocket Mine deserves more thread space than bullshit idle number multipliers. gently caress the haters. :colbert:

Pocket Mine is definitely more of a game than Tap Titans or Idle Oil Tycoon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I love picross but can't play it on my phone because I have normal sized hands so hitting those little boxes is impossible. Anyone know of a more reasonable puzzle game?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You can't zoom in?

Obviously I couldn't in whichever one I downloaded yesterday or I wouldn't be asking for a better game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nyaa posted:

:siren: Amazon free bundle :siren:

Notable free games:

Sorcery 3
Five night at Freddy 3
Rebuild

Now I just have to watch out for Sorcery 2 and I'll have gotten all of them free.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FadedReality posted:

:siren: Galaxy Trucker is on sale in the US for $2.99.

Anyone got a gameplay video of this? I really enjoyed the board game version of Galaxy Trucker and $3 is pretty cheap.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It would probably be impossible to make it work right but Space Alert would be amazing to have on a mobile.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I've been playing this game called Vega Conflict lately, which is something like clash of clans, but it shows you enemy bases on a large map and lets you choose who you attack. Are there any other games like this that aren't awful?

Kate Upton keeps telling me to play Game of War. Maybe that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Geektox posted:

As hilarious as Game of War jokes are, the game is nothing like that, more of an Evony clone (in more ways than one).

Does it have to be spaceships and poo poo? If not Boom Beach and Plunder Pirates both fit the bill of CoC-clone.

I honestly thought it was a lovely looking Clash of Clans.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Galaxy Trucker is a great board game... Maybe not a good mobile game.

It just isn't the same if you and your friends can't slap each other over the Best Part.

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone hankering for some SkiFree action on their phone should check out Skiing Yeti Mountain. Its pretty fun, though I haven't seen any yetis yet.

The game is free, with a no-ads IAP that also helps the Nepal earthquake relief effort.

Have you encountered a yeti yet? I'm like 70 slopes deep and haven't.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Double posting but gently caress whichever one of you suggested Crossme. It's hell on my phones battery and I can't stop playing it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

the littlest prince posted:

Probably me. Don't worry, you'll get bored of solving 30x50 puzzles eventually.

Yeah the bigger ones are a pain in the rear end. Having to zoom in and out and I have trouble picking out the mistake sometimes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got a ten question survey asking how much I valued financial stability and being healthy. Worth 80 cents though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone find any secret guys in #ymbab? I unlocked a purple guy with a shield in front of it by killing it with magic. Not sure if there's anything else.

And what does the garden lady do?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Malek posted:

Garden Lady just upgrades a few rooms to look nicer I believe.

And yes, I unlocked all bestiary monsters. Which ones do you want or should I just post them all?

Go ahead and post them all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Malek posted:

Fair enough

Burglar - When getting out of bed, keep clicking on your bed repeatedly until he shows up
Ninja - When in the boat view in Pagoda, look at the background to the right of your boat, he's very transparent but there.
Catapult - Keep visiting the journal entry guy until you get I think 70+
Skeleton King - Sell 30+ bag loot items in one sitting
Black Dragon - In the gallery, click on the dragon portrait when you're running thru the halls
Gelatinous Cube - Use any food item while in combat with it
Wrath (the purple thing with a bow type... thing) - Land the killing blow with a fireball

Is there a way to go backwards?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't think I'm going to ever get the east wind. I apparently can't match quick enough.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Deakul posted:

My tablet's not really strong enough to handle DS games. :negative:

How about the GBA? I think there was an Eye of the Beholder released for it a log time ago. Not sure how it compares though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mrkillboy posted:

Google Play's free family game thing for this week is Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake. Its a pretty great puzzle/adventure game regardless of your age.

I'm getting a Thomas the Tank Engine app :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lifeline just killed my immersion by referencing Ren & Stimpy and Van Halen.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why's that?

I figured it was a good bit into the future and the fact Ren & Stimpy is remembered a good bit into the future throws me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else giving this a shot? I got base form Frieza for the tutorial, not sure if I got lucky or if that's normal. I haven't played anything quite like it before.. There's a board game, team members, color matching, all sorts of stuff going on. Once I get deeper I can probably explain it better, but I'm digging it so far.

Sure why not. In as Len.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GBS Ambassador posted:

Has anyone tried Tower of Hero? It's another incremental RPG similar to tap titans. Share strats if you can.

For a little bit. I quit and switched to Zombie Hive which would be way better if it had offline progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

2806685237 Guldo mainer here

I'm 2017079980. Sending requests to people.