Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

dhamster posted:

In HoMM armies were stacked onto the same unit on the play field. So your one peasant on the field actually could represent 1,000 peasants, so they would do 1,000 times their base damage each attack. Likewise if the stack took 200 damage and each peasant had 10hp, 20 peasants would die and you would have 980 peasants left in the army.

didn't some monster have a mechanic where what they killed got added to their stack? i want to say zombies?

edit: googling the one i played on ps2 it was ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But why it's a bad had with no redeeming qualities. The internet decided that the second it was announced

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

they might be able to take issue with how the games settings are just called "civ 5" and "civ 5 gods and kigs"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Paladinus posted:

Oh well. Gacha is a non-starter for me.

I love the gacha cycle. A new game drops and immediately there are guides on how to reroll and what to reroll for. Then you get a few months of "it's not bad at all! You don't even need the gacha to progress and it's generous!" Then most people quit and the cycle repeats with the next one

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Microtransactions + loot crates are a blight upon society

We've come a long way from gamers being mad at Horse Armor

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Relentless posted:

Magic Survival just had a pretty major update yo .82, it majorly increased the leveling speed, removed weird ability combinations and replaced them with every spell getting a Trait every 4-5 levels.

Plays a lot more like Vampire Survivor while not being an exact clone. Seems like good changes all around.

Vampire survivor dev gave a shout-out to magic survivor as being the inspiration which is a nice thing I didn't expect

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GetDunked posted:

Some of them are about dragging low value stick figures up through a tower of progressively higher value stick figures and inexplicably choosing the one that gets them killed every single time!

I would play this but I've yet to find one that doesn't just poo poo ads out constantly and I'm not that hard up for a time wasting game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mirror123 posted:

Same question but about the one where you have to pull away the room boundaries in order and there's lava or treasure or monsters to get through.

These do exist now and they're all ad filled garbage games

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

explosivo posted:

I remember playing this briefly a long time ago, I wonder if someone mentioned it here once before.

explosivo posted:

I was scrolling through the play store last night and found Idle Kingdom Clicker, seems like a decent enough early access idle game with a civlike look but maybe a bit simple. I looked it up today and apparently this game's been around for like 3 years. Also the last post on reddit about it was 6 months ago so it seems like maybe nobody is playing this anymore?

apparently it was you lol

i've downloaded it on and off for a few years now it's an okay time. my current number getting bigger game has been grimoire incremental, not real complex or overly fun but it's only got one iap and it's $5 to give you permanent 2.5x speed. I snagged it because i've played the thing for two weeks and figure that's worth the time. it doesn't sync with an online server or anything so you can just move your clock ahead a bit when you need to idle for a while

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Orna thread looks to be dead as hell, there still a goon presence?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What are some games that can play between android and iOS? I'm on a work trip and the plan was play switch with my partner back in Ohio but the switch doesn't connect to the hotel wifi

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You tried just connecting the switch to a phone hotspot? online multiplayer doesn't take much data as long as you're not like downloading game updates or something.

For phone games the big crossplatform ones I know are mostly big cash-cow competitive games like Mobile Legends and Wild Rift (MOBAs), PUBG mobile, Apex Mobile, Cod Mobile etc (fpses). I haven't played any of these.
Also Genshin Impact which is the only co-opish game I know of? You can't actually do the main story quests but you can run around and explore the breath-of-the-wild-clone-ish open world.

e: minecraft! I forgot that had a mobile port

How much is not much? The Verizon plan I'm on only allows for 5gb of high speed hotspot and i don't see an option to buy more and Google seems to think that with my plan I can't

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jabor posted:

It might surprise you, but this isn't people's first free-to-play CCG rodeo. We've seen these mechanics before, we can spot pay-to-unlock-things-in-a-reasonable-timeframe mechanics and know how they play out in practice.

I've read enough gacha OPs to know that people fall for this every time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just beat the Mad Forest, and wow, that was something. I didn't notice what it was that triggered the end of the level, was it time or my player level?

Levels are 30 minutes long

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lone Goat posted:

some levels aren't

drat horror queefs posted:

Unless you... happen to find some way to survive longer than 30 minutes :coal:

Fair

But

Reread that post

I just beat the Mad Forest, and wow, that was something. I didn't notice what it was that triggered the end of the level, was it time or my player level?

This was stage 1 and it's been a long time since I've unlocked the others but I'm pretty sure the ones that are shorter are secret stages and I think the items that lets you easily survive are also a secret

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

m.hache posted:

How deep does VS go? I'm about 75% through the collectibles but does it unlock more as time goes on? My gold seems to not really matter anymore (I guess I can upgrade people at the shops?).

Enjoying it, just trying to figure out if there's a true ending

There is a true ending with fireworks and everything

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gadzuko posted:

It can also happen if you only have cursed items left to upgrade, the game will not force you to max those out so if you save them for last it will just go to chicken/gold options rather than make you take the curse. You have to leave at least one non cursed upgrade available if you want to max everything out

I'm not sure I believe this based on how many times over the hundreds of hours I've played I saved them for last

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anymore when I play I just lock it at one weapon and hit go. Some runs go far smoother than others. Is the dlc content in the mobile port?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Not yet, but they're working on it. Expect it some time early next year.

The characters and weapons are neat but God drat did I dislike the map

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

VelociBacon posted:

Okay, thank you for taking the time to reply, looks like I don't enjoy idle games.

Try one that ends, those are actually good and worth playing

For Android what immediately comes to mind is universal paperclips and a dark room

A dark room was ported by someone other than the original creator and he added fanfic content to it but the game itself is solid

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

explosivo posted:

Brotato is out on mobile now and it's good as hell :hellyeah:

It looks like magic survivor/vampire survivors. Is that right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Go RV! posted:

My goose game bugged out, and now I'm just in a blue void and I can't do anything. A pity to restart, but I only put like a day or two into it.

Beta testing!

Yeah mine won't let me scroll up to the top of my goose, it's weird

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there any reason to go down more floors in LBAL after you get essences?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish Dragon Quest Walk was global and not Japan-only. It sounds like an actual RPG with the geolocation gimmick and not just what Pokemon Go does.

:same:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Am I missing something or is the beakception blossom just the worst?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I've been using Sleep Town, it randomly decides to break my streaks at night but I've been putting the phone down at 1030 and it's been helping with more consistent sleep patterns

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Does anyone know what setting I need to tick for Hungry Cat Nonograms to save my puzzle progress again? It used to let me leave and then come back to my puzzle right where I was but anymore it just kills it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't think we're in MHN beta anymore I think it's just the full release

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hungry cat nonograms doesn't like my new phone, what's a good alternative while I wait for an update

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

hooah posted:

The beta channel for Hungry Cat is fixed now.

How do I get on that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hungry cat patch is live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oh my good god, yes please. I think I'm going to get this for my kids. Well me too, but also them.

It's on the switch too and is a real fun time. Some of the puzzles get genuinely rough since they're timed and you get three stars for going speedy