Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ovaries posted:

WWE 2K is out today and in classic 2K Games fashion they've accidentally priced it at 99 cents instead of the intended 7.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.t2ksports.wwe2k15mobile

$10.25 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is Sim City not good? Is Megapolis not good?

If megapolis is the one I'm thinking of, I ended up having to build and destroy huge amounts of basic level buildings to get a chance for a drop of the right item needed to build higher level stuff. Then I needed to build and destroy heaps of those to get the next level and gently caress that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Just in time for the big new movie (The Age of Adaline I think?), beat 'em up/action RPG Marvel Future Fight should be rolling out globally sometime this week. I've been playing it since it soft launched a few weeks ago; its pretty fun though ultimately quite mindless.

Yeah, been playing this as well. It's possibly the most grindy game I have seen. They throw a lot of energy at you, which is nice, but goddam. Ranking up team members takes 20 drops of biometrics per rank, if they drop at all. You can only do each elite level 3 times a day, which is where most of them drop. Then you have to increase mastery which requires more drops of a different mcguffin.

Its fun, in a way. Most of my game time is spent with iron-man, collecting up all the possible enemies, then doing his AoE attack to take them down asap. Boss fights are largely the same as well. Avoid attack by moving in a circle, attack once, avoid next attack by moving in a circle, wait for special attack to come off cool down while moving in a circle and attacking.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

I'm running a main trio of Black Widow, Cap and Blade and I've gotten to chapter 5 by mainly just running up to enemies and punching them in the face until they die. I don't think I even bother trying to dodge enemy attacks at all.

Elite or normal?

That tactic doesn't work for me in chapter 4+ elite. Plus AoE is quicker.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Normal. I had gotten them to level 22 so they were fairly resilient before the update (now they get hammered in the first wave of enemies - this is how much they increased the difficulty).

Jesus, just updated and they cranked the difficulty up too high. Doubled the hp in villain siege, and added more bomb bots. Can barely scratch the first boss now.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Whelp, gently caress that game till the next update when they will either reduce the difficulty or lose 9/10 of their user base.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

FadedReality posted:

Looks like that Marvel ARPG launched in the US. It didn't happen to get a patch rolling back the gross grind people were talking about during the soft launch, did it? :pray:

They didn't put it back to where it originally was, but close to it.

Make no mistake, it's still grindy as gently caress. It's just they changed the difficulty.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Goddamnit, what am I doing..

mgkk6926

Jumping on a bandwagon, just like me. nztf3593

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jorath posted:

Pocket mine 2 was fun, but as soon as I ran out of keys I was done. Is there any reason to keep playing after that point?

Generally, the reward for the extra quest is a key. You can usually finish those so you have at least one for the next run.

Does anyone know if the rewards in the chests get better the further down you go?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You Must Build A Boat already out for :australia: according to ios thread.

Must only be on ios. Can't see it in the store.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bye bye googlebucks

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

WebDO posted:

So way back when there was talk of having a 10000000 save giving you something in YMBAB, is that a thing still?

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Cryohazard posted:

NOT FOR YOU.

(Luther's ability is great. At max level it's a flat +5 attack to your entire team.)

What is max level?

I got Luther, but don't use him. Most of my damage comes from abilities.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a good tower defense? Ideally one not riddled with IAPs?

Bloons td5 is my goto td game.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gromdul posted:

Gem boys appears to have a couple spots open too. Post your invite codes!

Invite code is tits because I am a child. Would love an invite please.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Keep an eye out for Valkyrie and Druid those are very powerful rares and they even work very well together.

Valkyrie and griffon knight is my go to combo. Add in a treant and you are laughing.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Does Gems of War ever get to the point where you can play regularly or is it always the whole "Out of gold? Pay here m'lord unless you want to wait until tomorrow." shtick?

Once you get a halfway decent team going, money rolls in. I honestly can't remember the last game I lost, and I have hit rank 1 for the last three weeks.

Valkyrie and griffon knight is the ducks nuts. They feed each other and I have had games where once that combo starts rolling the opponent doesn't get another turn.

Also, be in a decent guild and save up gems for a set of armour. Mine gives extra souls and gold.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Antti posted:

I am drowning in gold in Gems of War; there's just no way I have enough time to play in the first place spend all of the resources I'm getting.

Thats one of the benefits of being in a good guild. I try to use as many maps a day as I can but I still have more than 30 to go.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malek posted:

Is Gems of War just hellbent on the PvP angle or is there room for the PvE types like myself?

There are quests in each zone but they don't reward much gold. If you finish off the quests for each zone then you are awarded an epic(?) card.

Honestly it's not very pvp. You are matched up against the Ai but it uses a set of cards from another player. You never actually play against another player. There is no timer or anything either.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

galahan posted:

What's good? I just got goat SIM for a quick laugh or 2.

If you like tower defense, bloons is a must have imo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Are there any OK empire builders out there? Dead walk, game of war, type build up your base, attack other players, manage resources, that sort of thing.

Doesn't need to be brilliant.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of Puzzle Quest, I've been enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest, though they keep teasing me with Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel, but never giving them to me when I get a heroic recruit token. The biggest problem is I keep coming up against walls where the battle will at one point have enough matches be made that it destroys a full strength hero and takes another to half in one move by the computer. Its really loving annoying.

If that's your biggest problem with MPQ, quit now and look back on your time with fondness, because it's gets real loving grindy.

Once you start trying to transition from 2* to 3*, it's hosed. Just completely hosed.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zotix posted:

Is anyone still playing dungeon boss? I'm about to hit level 41 and I'm looking to build more varied teams and I'm wondering if anyone has experimented outside of the go-to tsume, nub nub, stonefist set up.

I have been running lady nim, tsume, masuta kira and nub nub.

Lady is a beast. I'm only lvl 28 tho, so I don't know if you need a tank later on or not.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I have a folder on my screen for games, and if its full, then i make sure i delete one to install a new one.

plus, you know, a phone with more than 200mb of spare storage.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

More relics = better than.

Plus it's easy to make gold the higher your dimension.

And don't discount dark mages. You need them to get past boss 400, and their magic attack can be very useful for groups. It poisons and dazes. Well, there is a chance of each.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

puschel posted:

Can someone suggest a cool match-3 game that goes a bit deeper?

The Dr who game has a nice little twist in that you can move the gem to wherever you want. Can set up some massive moves if you do it right.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Can anyone suggest a match-3 game with some substance that doesn't require Adderall to succeed like You Must Build A Boat? poo poo just moves too fast in YMBAB for me to enjoy it.

If you like Dr Who, I suggest the Dr Who match 3 game.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tater_salad posted:

I work at a mall kiosk to help a friend out during Christmas there is a Macy's and sprint store inside olive garden close by, sometimes I drive by lowes to get there..

I'M RICH BITCH.

I work at a BCF. I know those feels.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

Okay Goons.
I got myself a new Nexus 6P phone. I come from a Galaxy Tab 2 which had a huge issue playing Unity based games.

Are there any great free games that require a bit of a more powerful phone? I have tried some of my old games I have on my Tab 2 that ran terribly, and they run without any problems whatsoever on the highest settings.

Or some good free games. A mix of offline and online would be good. I don't want to use too much data when not using WiFi.

I imagine that wh40k rail gunner would need a decent phone. Freeblade

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Agoat posted:

Some tips for Nonstop Knight:
- Leveling cloak is largely irrelevant until the later floors. It's cheap to upgrade so you'll be able to level it whenever you need to.

I have started dumping everything into cloak at low levels. One shotting bosses with slash is hilarious and works for a very long time.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone who wishes Hearthstone had more characters from the Fox network's defunct Animation Domination programing block, here's a game for you.

It's in soft launch at the moment (not entirely sure which countries though), with a wider release expected later this year.

Huh, bugger, for once Australia isnt part of the soft launch.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Just downloaded it and started it. You get one Pokemon to start then it tells you to walk around. I can't leave work so I walked around a bit and nothing happened. Guess I'll have to wait till I drive home.

I'm in a small country town in Australia so I don't know how well this game will work.

If my ingress experience was anything to go by, its going to suck.

I hope they have learned the lessons from that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Len posted:

Anyone know why Dragon Quest 8 from Amazon App store is just hanging on "downloading" and has been that way apparently for weeks? I forgot I told it to download until I was trying to figure out what appstore I have The Room Two in and saw it was still just hanging out. I don't see a cancel button either

Do you have it set to only download when you are on wifi?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone got any recommendations for racing games? I liked Asphalt 8: Airborne till the amount of ads thrown at me got too much. I like to be able to turn corners, so CSR2 is out.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've been playing Star Trek Timelines, but I seem to have hit a point where the stat requirements for any mission available to me are now double what any of my guys have, and I'm not entirely sure what to do except just grind old missions for more cash to spend on lottery tickets for better characters. I assume this is just the sort of "effort cliff" that's intended to get me to spend money on in-game currency. Is anyone else still playing or did y'all give up after hitting that point?

I gave up long before that point. And yes, you either grindgrindgrind or pay money.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

butt dickus posted:

So the gumball game is pretty fun and I wanted to go ahead and spend the buck for the terminator gumball but I can't seem to buy anything. I can push the "Confirm" button but it never pops up the normal purchase dialog. This happen to anyone else?

This happened to me as well, and I can't remember what I did to fix it. Pretty sure I went to the store screen via a different button, but don't know which one.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

incogneato posted:

Maybe check out Hay Day?

Seconding this. Hay Day is all about the timers. It does have facebook integration though, from what I remember.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Star Wars Force Arena seems pretty good though I imagine there's some kind of balance issues that'll become more obvious later on. Not entirely sure how to play yet but it's fun to spawn hordes of dudes and shoot jedi in the face

Not sure if what you start with is all pre-set, but the game gave me Luke, Leia, Krennic, and a Grand Inquisitor. Guessing that's what everyone gets to start?

The 7 day login reward for the first 14 days post-launch is Tarkin so if you're interested it's probably worth getting in on that

Yeah that's who I got.

The disincentive to play long sessions confuses and annoys me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

the auschwitz diet posted:

Yeah it's still awful trying to differentiate units on a bigger screen. They all look the same, the camera is shite, and you can't split push unless your hero moves to the other side of the map??

You can, just drag and drop the cards/units to where you want them to spawn. It's clunky though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Force arena is a shittier clunkier version of clash royale. Don't play unless you are a star wars tragic.