Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
To whoever recommended Hungry Cat Picross, drat you, and also great recommendation. It now pretty much eats up all my free time, and in fact is the only game in which I've purchased a 'remove ads' option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ohvee posted:

It's really great, worth paying to remove ads. There was a recent update that gave out a ton of the 3X3 weekly puzzles.

I just wish it was optimized for android a bit better. It makes my phone really hot which then drains the batteries.

I recently picked up a Galaxy S6 after my last Nexus 4 came down with a serious case of gravity, so pretty much everything runs silky smooth (Hearthstone included) and makes me a terrible source of information on how well things run. Since I was stuck with my old Nexus S until the S6 came out for about a month, it means I'm catching up with a few titles that I may have missed lately.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

gromdul posted:

You can look at your reward history. No "about" required!

How long have you had that? I've been using the service for a year and have only earned 10 bucks or so.

m.hache posted:

I'm in Canada and I've gotten probably around $10 in the last 8 months.

Ah, so am I. That's probably why :smith:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Morter posted:

So are there any good DATA-less match (match-3 or otherwise) games out there? Preferably not rapidly paced (like 100000000, which I played and beat and loved), but yeah anything like that? I know there are a lot of free games but those tend to connect to the internet and push for IAPs, like the bejeweled games and what not. Now that I'm no longer on an 'unlimited data' plan, I want to be more careful with what games I whip up outside of (trusted) wifi areas.

Games like that which I've already played:

-The Puzzle Quest games
-Block Legend
-Dungeon Raid

Adventure Xpress from adult swim is a pretty enjoyable, free match-three. I can't say how much it draws from the internet...but the "buy stuff!" element is pretty low. Not as good as the games you mentioned, though, obvs.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Has anyone tried Puzzle Forge 2? I keep seeing it while playing Hungry Cat Picross, and was wondering if it was any good.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Dodoman posted:

419 or 421

Hmm, I'm... *checks schedule* I appear to be busy both these times. Got a bit of time in between though, why don't I slot it in then.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

tater_salad posted:

No, it only runs when you are full, on Wi-Fi on charge cable. So you can't eat up your battery or data

My problem is that my phone doesn't charge when it's at 100% and plugged into a computer...like, it stays charged, but isn't in 'charging' status, so I can't do Folding while at work :(. Wish this was something you could toggle in the app, since I know it would stay well-enough charged if I left it plugged into the comp.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

On the plus side, you don't have to deal with Ingress players.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Are there any decent timer-based games on there? I've played Tiny Tower/Pocket Planes/Tiny Trains etc, looking for the 'best' sort of game where I can push things for five minutes then put it away for an hour.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

It's best to make a google doc for the codes - that's what was done with Pocket Miner 2, and it worked out really well for everyone.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

cyberia posted:

One day someone will make a good Adventure Time game... one day...

I have no idea what it is about this license that apparently makes it impossible to make a decent game from it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I didn't see the post about the cell lab game so every post after that was talking about the game looked like people were typing while having a stroke.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I was enjoying Fallout Shelter until I had three deathclaw attacks in the span of an hour, eliminating all the caps I had in reserve and leaving me with 33 corpaes by the time the third attack finished. It's utter horseshit. I'm too worried about sending anyone out now or broadcasting in case another attack comes and, again, wipes out my entire base. What a loving stupid idea.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Deki posted:

I'm liking Shop Heroes so far. It's basically swords and potions III but unfucked if

I've been looking for a game like s&p for a while, I got hooked on that Skinner box but can't exactly play it at work. Yes. I'd love to get a goon group for this

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I've got a small city called Vangoon (i am not a creative man) up and running, let me know your player Id as well

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I missed what game these invites are for, can someone explain?

Shop Heroes, a relatively fun game where you craft stuff and sell it to heroes while upgrading a town.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Wait a sec, I asked about a Recettear-esque game a few days ago, and someone suggested something else. Is this 'build your own RPG shop' thing nothing like it? Or did the goon who answered me with some other game not know about it?

Maybe I have to go back and re-read.

Different game. Can't remember the Recettear-esque game that he recommended, but this isn't it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Hey goons, to stop us all pooping up the thread with invite requests and such for Shop Heroes, I've created a google spreadsheet and added myself as an example. Just put in your SA username and game id and if anyone wants to put someone in their town, just check out the list.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I'm considering getting Sproggiwood. What's the, uh, between-gameplay like? From reading the description, is there some sort of town that you're growing between runs? The roguelikes that bore me the quickest are the ones where, if you die, you're back to square one and have no sort of 'progress' to make, either to make yourself stronger, or build up some sort of settlement, or whatever.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

Neko Atsume recently got an English translation but I'm honestly not impressed with all the westernization. Dimes instead of ten yen coins, "tubbs" instead of satisfied-san, and loving "Guy Furry" for the chef cat? gently caress this, I'm going back to Japanese.

You're...you're joking, right? The japanese names are dumb, and only sound cool because they're Japanese. If the english translation changed the fat cat to 'Satisfied Cat', you'd be complaining even more.

The names are almost all puns, and they're loving cheesy and great. Mr Meowgi, Joe DiMeowgio, Ms. Fortune (for the money cat)...so good.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

Mostly, but "Guy Furry" is an abomination.

Okay yes, that I can agree with. I think Gordon Ramsmeow would've been better. Or Chairman Catga.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Wait, I'm confused. So...after you Dig what happens?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Friend Code: 641 929 992
Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Referral Code: ySEJjMSM

Wait, what? What regions is this available? Not Canada, it appears...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Likewise. I own the game, got it for cheap years ago, but its so bland compared to the PC version.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I am, but there's only one guy in my town of Vangoon who's really playing (though he's quite dedicated). Shame, as the city raids are interesting and now its not near-impossible to get gems.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Mylan posted:

I hear fallout shelter is poo poo. Can someone give me a quick rundown on why?

I wouldn't say it's poo poo, but there's not much game to it: you tap things to collect resources to keep your guys from dying, but that's literally all you do. There's just not much there. Sometimes you get hosed by roaches or deathclaws. You can shuffle guys around to raise their stats. Also now there are pets which is new.

Edit: Sort of like Tiny Tower without the feeling of growth that comes with building a giant erection into the sky.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Gotta catch all the M*urrrrp*ortys

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

What's a good timer-based game where you build a farm/town/business/whatever? I'm looking for something in the vein of Simpsons tapped out, or Farmville or whatever that isn't trash or terrible without IAP. Just something I can open up, play for ten minutes to start some construction or whatever, and put away.

I've played all of Nimblebits offerings, and Hay Day, and a few others I don't really recall.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Len posted:

I've been playing The Tribez and Castlez. It's a city builder game with timers. Quite playable without spending money too and you can skip your phone clock forward to speed them up. It also doesn't need a network connection which is a plus.

I actually played that one a lot to the point where I beat the campaign (or came close, I don't quite remember). It was alright, but there was something about it I wasn't too happy with. I think the premium currency took forever to get enough of to do something with - like, you might get a few a day, then need a hundred to do anything worthwhile.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I'm enjoying Seabeard. It's got a fair amount of grind to it, but it's still pretty fun to run around, collecting and crafting stuff.

I just wish it didn't take so drat long to get a Warrior.

The rest of the game is fun, and it's well-produced to boot. Kind of wish there were ads to watch to get the premium currency, but between the daily quests and daily log-in bonuses, I'm getting a decent flow of them anyway.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Artelier posted:

I just got my hands on newly released Space Grunts and have been loving it so far.

Is there any persistence between runs, or is it your roguelike style of wiping out 100% of progress between runs?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Oh god, no I don't have time to get into another one of those guys' games, I really enjoyed Pocket Mine 2....but oh...such fish we shall see...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Quick Seabeard question: I am flush with pearls (over 200), and want to know if there's anything I should spend them on. Already got an inventory upgrade and upgraded the warehouse once (that thing was like a loving breath of air) - can I just spend it on another inv upgrade, and maybe upgrade a seller's inventory, or is there something down the line that I should be waiting for?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I 100%ed that game, then deleted it, then they added the moon (I think it was the moon?) and I realized I didnt back up my save :(

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ok, before any other long-time Picross fans decide to try this out, it's kind of hosed, enough for me to uninstall.

Traditionally, when numbers are next to each other, those numbers a) denote how many blocks are consecutively placed, and b) also represent the order that they appear on the grid. So, on the left had side, if you've got a 3 and then a 4, that means (in practically every other Picross game) that you'll expect a group of three blocks somewhere, and then a group of four blocks to the right of that.

This game doesn't do that, and it's frustrating. The order is backwards, which makes no sense, and the only time that the blocks are in a consecutive grouping is when there's a circle around the number clue.

Animalchin,I'm glad you enjoy it, but goddamn, those are pretty standard Picross rules that are annoying when changed. That's like taking an NES game, and switching the A and B functionality.

I know this is :goonsay: as hell, but whatever, someone will appreciate it.

You're approaching this incorrectly. The numbers don't denote standard Picross info - that is, consecutive blocks separated by spaces. The numbers simply tell you how many of a particular color are in a row/column. If it told you the typical stuff like regular Picross, there'd be zero challenge due to the differences in the colors.

That means that, for a puzzle with (for example) four colors, any given row/column counter will have four numbers. If there's a circle, THAT'S when you know that the squares are consecutive. Which means you need to sort of start over from your typical knowledge of Picross patterns and such. It took me a while to wrap my brain around it, but once I did I found myself solving things with the same frequency - it's essentially a different game with heavy, heavy similarities to Picross that I found a hell of a lot of fun.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

New Leaf posted:

There's not a whole lot to it. You make a Mii like you would on the Wii and play dress-up and a couple minigames for outfits you'll never put on, and you can visit your friends.. I'm hoping they add SOMETHING to it soon, because this is a poor first mobile outing for Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo does what everyone really wants and puts out some sort of Mario RPG card battler or something.

I think it's fine for what they wanted: a social app where you dress up your mii and get stuff for your Nintendo account. They didn't want to make Mario Mobile, thy wanted this app thing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

The English version of the mobile only Kingdom Hearts Unchained X will apparently be out this Thursday (in North America at least).

So how long before it's completely incompatible with the latest android OS update and Square Enix refuses to update it? I'm putting my money on five months.

Edit: Oh wait it's f2p never mind, this'll be a moneymaker for sure and will be updated.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I wish Hotel Dusk would get ported to mobile. :smith:

I wish that when it did someone fixed it so the tex t w o u l d n t c o m e o u t s o g o d d a m n s l o w l y .

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

At first glance, definitely reminds me of Bookworm Adventures, which I quite enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

'Diabetes, Run!' a game that detects whenever you're near confections and immediately orders you to sprint away.